Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Oh, and on a slightly random note, I saw I think Karinchou end a combo with Ramlethal's Explode Overdrive to kill the opponent, so I think it might be possible to use it as a damage ender when going for the kill. Wasn't sure if anyone saw that or not. 

I've actually seen him use all three of her overdrives to end rounds! (either him or Batako) It's really cool because he adjusts the combo slightly depending on how many swords he has when he starts the combo.

Ramlethal players have really come a long way since her release. Her corner set ups are really oppressive now.

I agree, but on the note of combo damage enders. I think her Explode Overdrive will probably be the most practical considering how it's the only overdrive that isn't dependent on her swords on hand. 

I also can't wait to actually play with her, as a Dizzy player, I'm excited to see how her lock down game compares to Dizzy's. 

Anyways. I admit that when Ram-chan first was released, I was apprehensive that she'd turn into a another low tier Glass Cannon. But I'm glad I was wrong, she definitely looks like she can go toe to toe with top tiers like Zato, Sol, Faust, or Millia. 

Eitehr way, I want to start tinkering with Ramlethal now! 

I actually see toranshi used most for a super ender, since it hurts a lot. It's not too hard to drop the extra sword if you have one equipped and if you have both equipped then you get to go for a hype Gamma Ray finish.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

i'm guessing you guys have seen the footage of Daiji's Ram in the recent 'Shinjiku Sportsland' casual on Goldenrody's channel? I gotta say, the dude's Ram is lethal, lol. The lockdown with the swords not even in the corner looked so air tight, but then again he was fighting Slayer who doesn't have a 'omgawesome' reversal tool like say, Sol's VV. Still, it was fun to watch and some of the best Ram play I've seen yet!

This character is continuing to get better as the weeks go by. Ogawa put her in a high place on his personal tier list and I'm finally starting to see why, lol.

I dunno man. Mostly just saw 5PPPPP from him

But on a more serious note Batako has a better understanding of corner pressure and combo theory than Daiji from what I've seen. 

Even though I'm still going to play I-No, I think I'm most hyped to learn how to play Ramlethal in Xrd when it comes out.  Might even switch mains considering it looks like I-No is a little less about why I found her fun, and Ramlethal looks somewhat close to it.

You know, sometimes when I watch footage of her it looks like she builds meter from moving forward.  As far as I've been reading that's not the case?  But then I see it in very small amounts from time to time... anyone have any idea why?

i'm guessing you guys have seen the footage of Daiji's Ram in the recent 'Shinjiku Sportsland' casual on Goldenrody's channel? I gotta say, the dude's Ram is lethal, lol.

Is Shinjiku Sportland = Leisureland Sasashima? Can I request for a link if it wasn't? Thanks :)

But on a more serious note Batako has a better understanding of corner pressure and combo theory than Daiji from what I've seen. 

True, and not to mention Batako's corner pressure which is more rewarding compared to that of Daiji's, but carries more risks as he tends to set Ramlethal's swords in front of any blocking character more often. (Setting up swords put Ram on a CH state.) On the other side of things, Daiji's Ramlethal play is safer. Personally, I still find Daiji's play slightly better than Batako.

Wow. Daiji was going ham 80% of the time. His plays definitely weren't safe. He would end his strings with unsafe normals but would keep trying to keep the pressure on. And when something traded you'd see him press 5PPPPPPP hoping he'll win the trade. He'd have 5/2KPP overhead blocked and would be CH because he's still pressing buttons not caring if it hit or not. He'd have 214P IB'd multiple times but nope, I'm at the advantage 5PPPPPPP > 214P. As far as he was concerned it was always his turn. I honestly think Yuuryou Slayer started trolling him around part 4.

That's not to say Batako never does this either. He does some questionable stuff too. But you don't see it every 2 secs with him, unlike Daiji where it seems like he's never giving the buttons on the cabinet a rest. 

I don't see how that play was amazing to watch in any way. But opinions I guess

You know, sometimes when I watch footage of her it looks like she builds meter from moving forward.  As far as I've been reading that's not the case?  But then I see it in very small amounts from time to time... anyone have any idea why?

When I tried her out in sparring she gained meter from moving forward. I'm not sure if it was slower than other characters because I wasn't really looking out for it, but I definitely remember her gaining meter from forward movement.

I don't think she got meter from landing non sword normals though, but then again I wasn't looking out for it so I don't know for sure.

Wow. Daiji was going ham 80% of the time. His plays definitely weren't safe. He would end his strings with unsafe normals but would keep trying to keep the pressure on. And when something traded you'd see him press 5PPPPPPP hoping he'll win the trade. He'd have 5/2KPP overhead blocked and would be CH because he's still pressing buttons not caring if it hit or not. He'd have 214P IB'd multiple times but nope, I'm at the advantage 5PPPPPPP > 214P. As far as he was concerned it was always his turn. I honestly think Yuuryou Slayer started trolling him around part 4.

That's not to say Batako never does this either. He does some questionable stuff too. But you don't see it every 2 secs with him, unlike Daiji where it seems like he's never giving the buttons on the cabinet a rest. 

I don't see how that play was amazing to watch in any way. But opinions I guess

Well, some of us will like or dislike certain player's play style, there's nothing really wrong with that. I still like these players regardless of how boring, risky or safe their play style is. The thing is, we have different personal ways/criteria on determining which player plays better.

RoboKy has tension pulse and gains meter all the normal ways, just at a severely reduced rate. I'd assume Ram is the same way.

RoboKy has tension pulse and gains meter all the normal ways, just at a severely reduced rate. I'd assume Ram is the same way.

Sort of. Ramlethal usually gets very little meter off of her P and K normals, if any at all. To compensate for this however, Ramlethal gets a lot of meter off normals that use her swords. So in other words, if you want meter, it's important to throw in sword normals during pressure in combos, even if they are deployed. 

Is Shinjiku Sportland = Leisureland Sasashima? Can I request for a link if it wasn't? Thanks :)

Blehhh, you're right I got my names mixed up. It was Leisureland Sasashima I was looking at, sorry.

Here’s a playstyle rundown on our favorite Ramlethal players. Feel free to object since it’s entirely based on my observation. Generally, every Ram-Bam player’s goals are as follows:

• knock characters down.
• send them reeling towards the corner.
• proceed with mix-up.
• contain or apply pressure.

Recent play style/metagame changes since her release:

かりんちゅ Karinchou (18th Dan)
still loves to poke. Part of his metagame is to throw one or two overdrives (Calvados included) as a combo finisher to steal a round. Also, part of his mix-up includes Ramlethal’s Furama, which he probably adopted from Batako.

バタコ Batako (16th Dan)
has now even more solid corner control, contain and knock down game. He uses Toranshi as a mix-up tool more often than combo finisher.

ダイジ@名古屋対戦会運営者 Daiji (13th Dan)
used to retrieve swords in the middle of his corner combo, drops the style to optimize corner control.

宇都宮☆働きたクナイ Utsunomiya Kunai (12th Dan)
has now even more solid Sword Set play style.

Min (12th Dan)
has now an improved overall game play. Still falters on sword setup, but not as bad as before.

There are other decent Ramlethal players out there. Players like LOX, GURE, Dei, Hohiko, Umecha, Keizawa, Attsun and Reid are worth mentioning, but the above are the ones that are often seen.

PS: I’ll admit I wrote this reply post out of sheer boredom and to keep our lovely "Sword Sorceress" thread alive. It seems dead to me.

So Toranshi is a pretty crazy move. Someone in the Xrd gameplay thread said that Ramlethal has the best supers in the game and even if explode and Ramma Ray really sucked I'd probably still agree with them.

If blocked, Toranshi provides Ramlethal several opportunities to do mixup and even does significant chip (I've seen Karinchu cheese people out of rounds with this XD). It's strong enough to be used as a reliable finisher. IIRC, it keeps going if Ramlethal is hit during startup. Someone compared it to Venom's Bishop Runout, but that move absorbs Venom's set balls, so he gives up some space control for something that isn't guaranteed damage. On the other hand, Toranshi pushes the opponent to the corner if it hits or gets blocked, and sets up Ram's swords in the corner lockdown formation.

Kinda makes me wish Toranshi was the super with the Anime cut in.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Ramma Ray

Nice! :) I'll be borrowing this.

So Toranshi is a pretty crazy move. Someone in the Xrd gameplay thread said that Ramlethal has the best supers in the game and even if explode and Ramma Ray really sucked I'd probably still agree with them.

Multi-hit Overdrives were always good if not the the best. Among Ramlethal's overdrives, IMO Ramma Ray hurts the most, unfortunately, it's impossible to connect one after the other. Other than its stunningly beautiful motion visuals, it's not worth expending tension at. Game play wise, yes it sucks, I agree that you'd be better off using Toranshi.

Can't express how good Toranshi is. The first time I saw it, I know it'll be good, But I never thought it would be *this* good.

I got to play quite a bit of Ramlethal this weekend, she feels exactly the way you would want her to. Also the game speed felt fine to me.

And of course the game is stunning in person.

Can someone kindly confirm if Ram's "Tiger kneed" j.k able to hit all crouching characters? Thanks. I've seen Reid's Ramlethal able to hit Venom with this but I don't know if it's character specific.

Edit: Here, take a closer look at this. Slayer is trying to block something but got hit with "!" regardless, It's not low hit since Ram was on air.

So even though I played the game at AX and have been watching vids I'm still not sure what the difference is between the two versions of Dauro (623P, green upswipe)

I know the command list said "properties change" if you hold 3, but does anyone know whats different, exactly?

Doesn't arcade have more than 6 color palettes to choose from? At Evo the demo only had 6 selectable.

Doesn't arcade have more than 6 color palettes to choose from? At Evo the demo only had 6 selectable.

Unfortunately there are only 6

Does Ram have any good/reliable Anti air she can use on reaction? I've seen people AA with the huge sword normal, but I talking about something you can use on quick reacion

Does Ram have any good/reliable Anti air she can use on reaction? I've seen people AA with the huge sword normal, but I talking about something you can use on quick reacion

6P is her dedicated anti-air. It's the one where she turns around and the teeth on her coat quill out like a porcupine.