Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[CPEX] Izayoi Netplay/Player Critique Thread

First you really need to learn her bnbs. Your main game plan is to build stock for her to use in gain arts, using 5B raw is generally not a good idea because its -10 on block so you want to keep this safe with either 236A (Sonic Saber), 236C(I forget the name of this move) or stance cancel (236[C]~A). Your friend isn't punishing a number of unsafe stuff you did, like 6C in normal mode is not good unless you keep it safe with stance cancel or a sonic saber at the very least, 6C can't combo off of 5B unless your opponent is crouching or counter hit 5B. During Gain arts your got away with using 3C in a block string, that is a very bad idea unless you space it and hit with the very tip of it but even then I don't suggest that either. The only time I might suggest that is if you have meter to rapid cancel it, even then I would stick to using it as a punish tool, combo filler or an escape tool (an example might be when someone is air dashing at you you can use it to slide under), 5B > 3C doesn't work either unless 5B is counter hit, I saw you try that a few times, I suggest using 5C >3C if your close enough, if you aren't just using 2B > 5B 236C~D will do the job mid screen. Do not air back dash with her in GA if you are in the corner, very bad idea cause she has on invisibility doing that, take advantage of the fact she's a little more mobile then some characters and be at super jump height and air dash the crap out of the corner if you can cause she has very poor reversal options.

Overall these are the things I recommend new Izayoi players, get used to moving in GA, learn the spacing of 623B and 623C for anti air and get used to stance canceling.

Yeah, I know a couple of 'em but I just did them in the previous matches before these 2. I know that 5B>3C won't work without CH but I only attempted it cause I thought he was mashing XD Right now, I'm getting better with the GA mobility and better at utilizing 623B and 623C a little bit. I just need to tweak my neutral game a bit more.

Thanks for the help!