Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allenpergallon

[FB] Custom BGM Archive

So I started a big custom BGM project on Gamefaqs in the coming months before Full Boost released, and it continued even after the game dropped to include over 100 songs. As of today's update, which added the project's first AGE songs, the topic was unfortunately struck down. It was getting some fair attention, and I had anticipated to find the project a new home eventually, but bleh... I was wondering if dedicating a topic to it here would be possible? I'm unsure of dustloop's legal moderation in comparison to Gamefaqs', and whether or not rules care about the benign nature of the project. I noticed some other BGM topics, though they lack any vocal tracks and are more concise, so I'm a bit wary of the chances (despite the fact that starting this topic anyway makes that somewhat moot). I won't put up any tracklist details or the like as of yet, but the project itself is in my signature if song choice matters. Everything is looped 10 minutes pretty cleanly with 2 or 3 intentional exceptions. Granted, I don't have my change-log anymore so it's really just a tracklist and notes on those exceptions that would be here...

I also had the related question of if anyone is familiar with the organization of music listed in-game, but if this topic is a no-go then I'll probably shoot over to the dedicated question thread for that.

-Annnnd reserving this just in case-

-3/28/-

The main purpose of this project, outside of fufilling my own wants that the game or Premium G Sound edition didnt provide, was to give those that didn't buy the Premium G edition some variety and use out of the custom BGM feature. Initially released pre-Christmas 2013 at roughly 68 songs, the project has since gone on to almost double through a number of requests and my own personal desire to see it expand (too many OP songs in the gundam-verse). Because of my original intentions to have songs only represent units in the game and the general size of it, as of now  I'm through with large updates to it.

Tracklist:

[v]: vocal

[EXVS]: returning from EXVS

[MB]: (semi-)confirmed for Maxi Boost

First

Forever Amuro  [v]

Star Children  [v]

Shining Lallah  [v]
Gundam

The Hurricane of the Battlefield

Spying in Enemy Territory

Fear of Battle  [MB]

Battlespace  [MB]

Gundam in Danger  [EXVS]

Encoounter in Empty Space

That Red Flash Guy

Zeta

Zeta - Transcending Time  [v]

From the Aqueous Star with Love  [v]

Believe in the Starry Sky  [v]

Chase

Battle Fleet   [EXVS]

Clash!

The Return of Amuro

Escape

Zeta: A New Translation

A Point of Contact   [MB]

Painful Memories

Shrinking Distance

ZZ

Ten Million Years Galaxy

Begin! Double Zeta

The Boy from Shangri La

Char's Counterattack

Sacrifice

0080: War in the Pocket

Shooting Star at Dawn  [v]

Chasing the Rainbow

Imaginary Sky

0083: Stardust Memory

Back to Paradise  [MB]

Dendrobium

Rising OP Stardust

F91

Battle

Final Battle

Victory

Tenderness Again  [v]

Receive All of the Love  [v]

Blowing Wind

Act of War  [MB]

Hawks Wheeling in the Sky

The Messenger of Madness Comes

Crawling Through the Heavy Atmosphere

G

Fighting Boy - Tempered to Win  [v]

Winner's Elegy  [v]

Strongest Card - King of Hearts

The East is Burning Red

Beware the Flying Dragon Fang

Complicated Airframe

The Bloody Game Begins

A Promise Made in the Midst of Intense Fighting

Wing

Just Communication  [v]

Mind Education  [v]

Gundam Attack

Hail of Bullets

The Legend of Zero XXXG-00W0

Zechs Comes

A Life Given  [MB]

Wing: Endless Waltz

Battlefield

Final Attack

08th MS Team

The Future For Both of Us  [v]

Soldier

VII

X

Garrod's Revival

GX Dashes Out  [MB]

New Weapon Divider

New Weapon Divider (Segment II)

And the Moon...

Turn A

Tracing a Spot of Light

The Second Advent ~ The Claws of God Strike the Shore

Heavy Duty

Triad

SEED

Moment  [v]

Realize  [v]

Meteor  [v]

Wheels of Dawn  [v]

Attack Position

Tactical Turn

End of the Flash

Enemy Aerial Attack

The Attack Begins

Logistics

Recovery Fight

Sinking Dominion

SEED Astray

Junk Guild: Red Stroke  [MB]

Serpent Tail: Mission Start

Rondo Ghina Sahaku: The One  [MB]

MS IGLOO

Stuck in a Dream  [v]

No Limits  [v]

Advance!

Turning Point

SEED Destiny

Our Whereabouts  [v]

Wings of Words  [v]

Flame Door  [v]

Vestige  [v]

Result  [v]

Quiet Night CE 73 [v]

Courageous Glide  [MB]

Mission Start  [MB]

Fleet Command

Gaia X Chaos X Abyss

Black Wave

Ash Like Snow  [v] [MB]

Prototype [v]

Tomorrow [v]

Intervention

Strike

Interception

Uproar

Restart

0-Raiser [MB]

Mausurao

00 Gundam  [MB]

00: Awakening of the Trailblazer

Qualia [v]

Final Mission: Quantum Burst [MB]

Unicorn

RE: I Am [v] [MB]

Laplace

RX-0  [MB]

General Notes:

-Every song is looped for 10 minutes

- All tracks are tagged numerically from 1 to 116, and as such is organized in-game by the chronological release of the original material (so Endless Waltz music is with Wing despite EW being released after X, etc)

- For using these tracks in-game, the general rule of thumb is to increase the volume by 3 bars to match the usual volume for music

- All tracks are natively 320kbps with the exception of "Rondo Ghina Sahaku: The One", which I could only find at 192kbps. This does not mean everything sounds equally, but volume was balanced as best as possible.

- Not all songs that appear Maxi Boost are cut as they are in that game. Most of them were finished before Maxi Boost was released.

- Individual/batch download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rbodjqfz8tx9xe9/QzZ1TuwIEu
  Batch download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtp28ohksk40urk/Full_Boost_Custom_BGM.rar

-Future requests and songs not from series' represented in Full Boost will go to the Bonus folder. For the moment they are not included in the numbered batch

Issues

-The songs Sacrifice (CCA), Shooting Star at Dawn (0080), and Sinking Dominion (SEED) are somewhat guilty pleasures in that I really wanted to add them, and as such have awkward transitions either because they don't loop cleanly or I wasn't fond of the obvious loop.

- A number of non-vocal 00 songs had significant clipping during the editing/amplification process. It seems to be a product of the songs themselves, and as such they are notably quieter than the rest of the project. Increasing the volume to maximum in-game applies most here.

Unit Theme Suggestions:

All opinionated, of course. Anything not listed probably fits well on a general level:

RX-78-2: Gundam, Encounter In Empty Space, Fear of Battle, Shining Lallah

Char's Gelgoog: The Hurricane of the Battlefield, That Red Flash Guy
Gyan: Spying in Enemy Territory, Gundam in Danger

Hyaku Shiki/Mk.II/Mk.II (Kamille): Chase

Hambrabi/Messala: Shrinking Distance

Zeta/ The O: Shrinking Distance, Escape, Battle Fleet

ZZ: Begin! Double Zeta

ZZ/Zeta (Roux)/Mk.II (Elle)/Zaku Zeta: The Boy from Shagri-La

GP03: Dendrobium

F91: Battle

Victory: Blowing Wind

Gottrlatan: Crawling Through the Heavy Atmosphere, The Messenger of Madness Comes

God: Fighting Boy- Tempered to Win, Strongest Card - King of Hearts

Master: Fighting Boy-Tempered to Win, The East is Burning Red

Dragon: Beware the Flying Dragon Fang

Wing Zero: The Legend of Zero XXXG-00W0

Epyon: Zechs Comes, A Life Given

Gouf: VII

X-Divider: GX Dashes Out

Virasgo: And the Moon...

Freedom: Meteor

LaGOWE: Enemy Aerial Attack

Providence: Sinking Dominion

Red Frame: Junk Guild - Red Stroke

Blue Frame: Sepent Tail - Mission Start

Gold Frame: Rondo Ghina Sahaku - The One

Strike Freedom: Vestige

Infinite Justice (Lacus): Quiet Night CE 73

Gaia: Gaia X Chaos X Abyss

Destiny: Black Wave

Dynames: Strike, Intervention

00: 00 Gundam, 0-Raiser

Susano'o: Mausurao

Quanta: Final Battle. Quantum Burst

Banshee: RX-0

I'll have to get a second opinion and get back to you on this. For now, obviously anything that doesn't involve actual links is perfectly fine. Also, there's a list of all the songs and where they show up along with their corresponding suits under the stickied translation thread.

Heard that, I'll be on the look out. Also my question was actually geared towards how the list of songs is organized when picking a song. For example, if you open the Premium G sound edition song list in-game to choose a song and everything is listed from the original Gundam (mostly) chronologically down to the Extreme VS themes. My project is all under one album, and is segmented in folders by series release date. When importing it all at once to the PS3 XMB, everything is neatly ordered as such. In-game, though, the entire list is reverse-order with a few tracks slightly out of place. It's probably something quickly remedied by giving each track a numbered place, but considering that I kept adding to this project over the months I haven't really been able to come up with an alternate solution.

In the end, the only surefire method I can think of is cutting it off at songs representing units in the game (as originally planned) and giving it a finite tracklist so these songs can be numbered.

I don't really understand the question either...the music files in the game are ordered in the same way that the suits are ordered. Example being all the vanilla Gundam stuff is first, then Zeta, then ZZ. But like, 0080 and 0083 that chronologically are between Vanilla and Zeta are at the end of the list same as their suits are (why that is who knows...)

But when I upload my stuff I just put what series it's from as the album title, and then when you go to do the custom BGM album name is how the stuff is compiled and presented.

EDIT:

Forgot to say the whole reason I came into this discussion. I'm not sure what you guys are doing for "looped" songs, but I have a lot of just full-length versions of the Gundam songs that I use (since most matches don't ever go past a few minutes, I've never had to have a full-length song repeat in a match). That being said though, I do have some tracks that I've edited to either shorten or repeat parts to fit better in the game - most notably Wings of a Boy, and some Gundam Unicorn and Attack on Titan stuff - that I'd be happy to provide if anyone wants them. And if there's a track you particularly want edited somehow I can do that too.

Heard that, I'll be on the look out. Also my question was actually geared towards how the list of songs is organized when picking a song. For example, if you open the Premium G sound edition song list in-game to choose a song and everything is listed from the original Gundam (mostly) chronologically down to the Extreme VS themes. My project is all under one album, and is segmented in folders by series release date. When importing it all at once to the PS3 XMB, everything is neatly ordered as such. In-game, though, the entire list is reverse-order with a few tracks slightly out of place. It's probably something quickly remedied by giving each track a numbered place, but considering that I kept adding to this project over the months I haven't really been able to come up with an alternate solution.

In the end, the only surefire method I can think of is cutting it off at songs representing units in the game (as originally planned) and giving it a finite tracklist so these songs can be numbered.

The actual folder organization doesn't matter I believe. It just detects all your music and places them into folders by album. You already have all the songs tagged under the same album, so it's probably just ordering it alphabetically or something within that listing. I don't think putting them into folders matters at all. It may respect the track number tag, so you could try that. Honestly this is something one can easily figure out via trial an error I think.

Yeah, it follows the tag number. I decided to go back to my original plan with the project and keep all of the loops to units in the game only, As such, after adding/removing a few tracks last minute I went through and numbered everything from 1 to 115, giving the project as a whole some closure after almost 4 months on and off. As much as I love working with songs, there doesn't really seem to be need to spend more time on expanding it, old requests be damned.

As of now I'm just waiting for dropbox to update and sync everything again. Any word on whether or not it would be taboo to update the OP with a tracklist and general notes?

Is this...a question directed at me, or...? lol

If you link me to or send me a base file I can do some sound file editing. But, if you're asking for one to just be made, from scratch, I don't have the programs to do that ><

can i requesting custom bgm?

Feel free to make a specific request, but make note of its place in this project (I updated the second post). Assuming it's a possible extension, it shouldn't be any trouble.

...a-assuming you're asking me and are asking for a loop edit.

So, I've just received word - youtube links are okay, but links to direct downloads are not.

Feel free to make a specific request, but make note of its place in this project (I updated the second post). Assuming it's a possible extension, it shouldn't be any trouble.

...a-assuming you're asking me and are asking for a loop edit.

Thanks!

I would like to request loop themed of these:

Char's counterattack OST - NU GUNDAM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahViU8_KMBg&autoplay=1

Gundam wing - RHYTHM EMOTION (i'm a bit dissapointed with the one presented in premium g sound edition, because it using the full version song edit, not the tv opening edit like the one presented in GvsG next+

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFenFwskak8

gundam seed stargazer - stargazer (the battle theme used on stargazer characters in ggeneration games)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2b-VvX_8g&autoplay=1

Gundam Seed Destiny - It Begins

i can't find the youtube video of it, but it is on Seed Destiny OST 2, track 2

Thank you in advance

Knight, here's two of them finally converted to youtube format:

Nu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6cLPX2iOk8
Stargazer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGgIOwYmpiw

Addendum 1 here's the TV version Rhythm Emotion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkTTnI0i-4

I'm almost done with the Destiny one. It has a lot of movements in one track and so I've been listening to it a lot over and over trying to decide how to best repeat movements so that song gets longer but still has the building up feel and intensity to it! It'll be done tomorrow Knight!

Anything not to your liking just PM me and I'll see what I can do :)

That one will be easy Air; there's an obvious hard break in it, but it should be easy to extend without the hard break too.

It's been awhile since I've been through but I hope to be checking in a bit more consistently now.

I've updated the project dropbox with a new Requests folder, starting with those from KnightSV ("Late Start" from SEED Destiny) and Airmaster ("Breaking Anti-Aircraft Fire" from Zeta). I've given them redundant numbering so they should be grouped with their appropriate series if you have the rest of the project in-game.

Gundam Seed Destiny - It Begins

i can't find the youtube video of it, but it is on Seed Destiny OST 2, track 2

Thank you in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGKtKdQl_c

A good loop of this would be great.

The actual name of the track is 始まりが故 . The OSTs I have are already pre-translated, though they aren't perfect. For example, "That Red Flash Guy" from First gundam (II: Soliders of Sorrow to be exact) was translated as "Red Comet", which isn't defined or thoroughly implied by its original title 赤い閃光の奴 (not to mention Akai Suisei is already in Premium G).

Granted, outside of that specific case I admittedly didnt check each and every title for accuracy, mainly because I used the Special releases for Zeta and ZZ which share the same songs as their respective OSTs but have them titled differently (and general laziness). Every so often I'd spot check a song, and the translations were typically on the mark. My language skills beyond katakana are a bit limited, but from what I can gather "Late Start" makes sense in that "Late" implies a sort of dead-on-arrival operation/battle/whatever scenarios it was used for in the show, and not so much a time issue. Of course it doesn't have to apply to any specific scenes, but I think that's what it's getting at.

Seeing these requests so far makes it hard to believe that I missed some of these songs on my initial tracklist. Gundam music 2stronk

Updated the Requests folder with "Combat" (CCA), "Banshee" (Unicorn), and "Innovade & Innovator" (00: AotT). If there's any preference or wanted change with any of them then don't hesistate to ask.

Another request from me... First part of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5rwOgimCUc Combat from CCA would be cool to have looped. Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't mind making a request, but a loop of 3:26 - 4:45 (Banshee) from this video would be a welcome addition to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jyKiqQy5u8#t=206

Thanks in advance!  :)

I'd like to request a nice long loop from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnp7f9LCZ2k#t=108.

Thanks in advance.