Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

Constructive Video Criticism

6HS only knocksdown on counterhit in the corner. Otherwise the wall bounces keeps the opponent in air too long so they'll be able to tech before they hit the ground. Midscreen 6HS still knocksdown.

hehehehehehe

i just hope that now you believe zappa's jhs to be usefull;because it is.

anybody here have seen a huge dog combo in a match????

yes...and so now i can maybe, just maybe fill a small(but most likely noticable) hole in my game

Yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQaFvZ2VOQA (21 hit combo) I use that setup a lot. Both corner and midscreen. I had to change how I ended the combo, however, since Zappa lost his 6HS knockdown capabilities in the corner. -_-

I generally use the 96 jP jP jS etc often. To take people trying to jump out of the corner back down. Sometimes I get the combo, sometimes I don't.

I prefer to do my dog combos from 2HS 2D. These two meaties are amazing in the corner, especially if you pressure/pressure on wakeup into it. The 2D will pop them up, letting you get into doing stuff like 9 j.K j.S 8D j.K j.S j.K 8D, or whatever the hell you want in there. The Dog helps to keep the combo going, and if done right can catch them as pressure after the tech or hit them again. Certainly, this isn't the only option, as shown, but it can do just as much or sometimes even more damage if done right, as well as upping the dizzy modifier a ton. It's also a terrifying mindgame, intimidating your opponent by not only giving you orbs, but taking a huge amount of damage from them. This also works to a limited extent midscreen (on Pot, for instance, you can do 2D, wait for it to finish as you air combo, then do 6D, 8D to juggle him as you land, jump up again continue and reposition the dog to extend all across the screen. Really funny to see since it's untechable if done right:v: )

Yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQaFvZ2VOQA (21 hit combo) I use that setup a lot. Both corner and midscreen. I had to change how I ended the combo, however, since Zappa lost his 6HS knockdown capabilities in the corner. -_-

offcourse,what did you expect from "ken" ? :) it's too bad he stopped playing zappa

i think my question should have been

did anyone see a huge dog combo in a match with a player other than ken :D

I've seen quite a few and I can only recall one or two of them, being a non-ken combo :v: Either way the combos either involve instant air-dashing or using the 2HS loop on crouching opponents.

I do long dog combos all the time o_O What's the point of using the dog if you can't combo with him? Random note, I was messing around in Training just now, and decided to see how long I do an edguy loop (dash in, Edguy, RC, repeat). Turns out, it lowers untech time for each hit, making it impossible to combo past the 16th (at least, combo from Edguy). Not sure if this works with other moves in it, but regardless, no character lives past about the 6th or 7th hit anyways, I was just curious. Didn't know that they would lower untech time like that though o_o.

I got more vids of the korean guy I mentoned eailer, Nang-In.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77070798/___________ZA__vs_______AX_.wmv.html

I couldn't upload it on youtube since it's longer than 10 min...It's 10 round match with axl.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8B4268287BE2D2B5

This is playlist of him vs Venom player.

There are more vids including 3 combo vids...but since this is just match thread I don't know where I should put CVs. if you guys want, I can also upload them

Enjoy!

I got more vids of the korean guy I mentoned eailer, Nanginzappa.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77070798/___________ZA__vs_______AX_.wmv.html

I couldn't upload it on youtube since it's longer than 10 min...It's 10 round match with axl.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8B4268287BE2D2B5

This is playlist of him vs Venom player.

There are more vids including 3 combo vids...but since this is just match thread I don't know where I should put CVs. if you guys want, I can also upload them

Enjoy!

Awesome! Keep 'em coming. Don't care where, just post the CVs.:v:

This guys attacks straight kamikaze style and always comes out on top. All of the matches rarely went over 2 minutes!!! O.O

why is he so good >_< combo wise hes great and hes so offensive yet when he has to go defensive, he can do that well damn i envy him and somehow, when i see Nangin Zappa it reminds me of innang who was also a very good korean zappa player during the #R days... are they the same person? or is this some kind of disciple? lol

No, In-Nang and Nang-In is two different player. I heard In-Nang was Nang-In's teacher. But In-Nang switched to I-no if I remember correcntly...what a shame...

There are a lot of techniques in them vids that I don't think you guys know yet...He was wondering if you guys could figure it out >_<;;

Depends. Some of the techniques I saw I'm already doing but I know I'm missing plenty. Lets see: When he summons he always seems to press D or 8D just incase he gets the dog to counter attack the opponent's retaliation (Phrek has mentioned this strategy as well). After a successful 236P juggle, if the opponent is still in the air he use 5P to continue the juggle as well as confirm which summon he has in order to continue the combo. If the opponent is haunted by the ghosts he'll incorporate the golf balls in his corner pressure or combos. Is he using the time summon thing as well? Also by chance does he know the secret of getting what summon he wants on wake up or something because in the very first round of the very first match against that Axl player he does a wakeup uppercut with the sword as if he knew he was going to get it. =/ I know theres plenty more. Is he going to tell us? =) Oh by the way KEN is back at Gamechariot. I'm gonna go check out his vids right now!!!!!

Also by chance does he know the secret of getting what summon he wants on wake up or something because in the very first round of the very first match against that Axl player he does a wakeup uppercut with the sword as if he knew he was going to get it. =/

not too sure about this one but i think he did 6236P+HS

that way its either sword uppercut, summon, ghost throw, or either 6p or throw with dog??

1/4 chance for something really really bad (ghost throw) =\

unless he does 62368P+HS+D lol... if he actually did that... :psyduck:

some things i never knew about was

with dog: DAA 5d air combo

and

summon (dog) 5D 66 2hs air combo

i know its black beat but i dont think many people tech after the summon anyway... and you can probably link it if you just skipped the 2hs and go directly into an air combo

never knew those combos existed, nor have i ever seen them

yea is he teaching us? lol

If the opponent is haunted by the ghosts he'll incorporate the golf balls in his corner pressure or combos.

That is one of the key things that is going to help you in a match. Once you get really comfortable with how the misfortune works, then you can really screw with your opponent. I don't know how to explain it, but I tend to know when the flower pot is coming and attack accordingly.

I love the way he was able to keep the dog in position ~8:30; I always screw the pooch on that one(omg... pun-zone).

There are a lot of techniques in them vids that I don't think you guys know yet...He was wondering if you guys could figure it out >_<;;

Well, awe is preventing much of the info digestion. Hopefully ol' buddy will be willing to drop a knowlege-bomb or two on us.:keke:

edit:

Not sure if this is would be considered one of the "techniques" mentioned, but he certainly did it alot: getting in little otg hits w/ ghosts/sword to force the opponent to tech->block, tech->get hit, or just not tech. *shrug*

Two more vids updated. It's drunken match @_@;; But it's still good lol. Just want to say that Neckeserr is actually much better player but you know, it's a drunken match lol.

For the few CVs, their length is just too long for me to upload it on youtube. I will try and rapidshare or something...

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8B4268287BE2D2B5 :yaaay: