Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

Faust v. Sol

Posted Image v.Posted Image

Purpose: Faust playing at it's most pure. Focusing on keeping Sol away at all times, and never coming to him unless he's dizzy/knocked down.

lol,you know this match dawg..u basicly got to keep Sol out,and poke his ass down(u know,the zone game)..and Sol has to get in on Faust,and that is basicly it..I think if Sol gets in,Faust basicly has to be patient(as Sol does when he's on the outside)..and Faust should try to put distance between Sol,and himself,as safely and as quickly as possible(if Sol gets in)..U want to keep Sol away, atleast at the range of his FDC hard slash..that's basicly it I think......peace....

*Techniques*

a)Zoning: Keeping him away at medium to far range.

*On Ground: 2hs->5p/2p Keeps his ground game at a halt.

-2hs at the right distance stops Grand Viper, Gun Flame and any other normals he tries.

*In the air: 5k,6p,2k and fdc j.hs.

- 5k beats his jump slash and jump hardslash

- 6p and 2k beats/exchanges with both of those

- Sol's jumping Dust doesn't really get beaten by any of these just either wins or exchanges.

*Scalpel Pull: Be weary of using this move against the Badguy because he can Grand Viper under it for some huge damage, so yeah try not to telegraph it

b) Items/when to throw

*Medium-Far -> far range only: Exceptions are obviously when he is knocked down or really high in the air after a combo, and when they are canceled from a normal at a safe range.

*Poison: i like to use this item as a sort of saftey barrier so i can throw more of them. This is not advised against Sol though because he can just grand viper right under it. So when poison comes out your not safe from him coming at you from the ground.

*Candies:Suck, grab em if ya can.

*Robo,faust,Po: make sure you stay with these guys(Po and faust on the ground and robo's cover in the air) because if sol goes on the offensive, which he usually does, you want some help. So make sure you keep him in front of you and your items.

*Bombs/meteors:These are great too but a cocky sol might see an advantage to attack you when you least expect it. Stay on your toes and try not to get grabbed or Viper'd(yes he can Viper through Bombs and meteor's:vbang:).

c)Avoiding/dealing with pressure

*GunFlame: Block, Block, Block! If he doesn't frc it and does it far away enough you can jump over and 2k->going my way.

*normals: Fd on strong hits(2d,5hs,6hs) the farther you push him back the more chances you have to see whether he is coming in for a wild throw or not. Don't try and grab him back, stop him with 2p into knockdown.

*Riot Stomp, Bandit Revolver/Bringer: You can duck under these and punish Sol(test these in training mode so you get used to the timing of when to attack),you can also punish his normals in the air by ducking low if he jumps too high.

d)Okizeme

*How to Bait Volcanic Viper:Once Sol is knocked down you can...

-Fdc Feint: Fake like your dong fdc j.k and do it high enough so you wont land immediately and instead of tapping the FDC hold it down so you can block the Viper while still in the air.Then proceed to watch him fly through the air and fall into your damage.(be patient when he whiffs viper and comes back down because he can throw off your attack timing with the little kick at the end)

-Crossup Fdc J.D: Once Sol is knocked down and about to get up proceed to jump over his head and once you do this he must commit to Viper or not to Viper. If he does the input for viper (and the first few times he usually will) if done right he will do the command the wrong was resulting in either a whiffed Slash/Hardslash or a grand viper. Then you can proceed to rape him.

- Meaty 2k/ Fdc j.k: I wouldn't unless you wanna get knocked down. These may be useable after you condition the Sol player to not viper on wake-up but until then just stick to the above for Oki.

Video Examples:

RF(Fa) v. PC(So)(starts at about 1:30):http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FDD2M5OSh9g

ElvenShadow(Fa) v. Miu(So)(starts at about 2:18):http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=F3fgLaIX9f0

Sol Guide completed what do you guys think? Dizzy will be next on my agenda after playing today

Sol Guide completed what do you guys think?

Dizzy will be next on my agenda after playing today

nice lol...I didn't know u used my response =) ...tight work..haters might disagree,but they know this is correct......

This match is one of the most even matchups that doesn't feel even, depending on how it starts. If you beat him out at the beginning, you can pretty much space him pretty easy, and if he beats you out in the beginning, good luck getting rid of him.