Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murrey

[FB] GN-001 Gundam Exia Thread

Sa0LPSV.png

Series: Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Pilot: Setsuna F. Seiei

Cost: 2000

HP: 560 (100 in Repair mode)

Exia Movelist

Special Moves

[A] GN Sword Rifle Mode
Can rapid fire 3 times.

Damage: 65. Reload Time: 5 seconds

[AB] GN Beam Dagger
Exia jumps (direction varies on where the stick is oriented (4/6AB will make Exia jump on the left/right) and throws daggers.

Damage: 75/69

[AC] GN Arms
Calls GN Arms, shoots 2 times.
Damage: 80

Melee

[5B] GN Sword

5BBB - Damage: 186

5BB8B - Damage: 195

5B2B - Launches your opponent in the air. Damage: 113

5BB2B - Same as above. Damage: 162.

5B~A Damage: 105

5BB~A Damage: 154

5B2B~A Damage: 145

5BB2B~A Damage: 187

[8B] GN Sword Thrust

xia goes forward and thrusts his opponent. Damage: 77

[4/6B] GN Beam Saber 4/6BB

Exia approaches his opponent slightly on the right/left to attack Damage: 170

[2B] Launching attack 2B

A GN Sword attack that launches your opponent in the air. Damage: 70.

[CC8B] Boost Dash melee

CC8BB - Damage: 126.

[bC]

BC - GN Sword Spinning slash
Damage: 127

2/8BC - Jump stomp attack (aka Mario Jump)

Damage: 75 Can be used as a great movement tool. In green lock, you will jump forward. In red lock you will jump towards your target. So you can use this to your advantage to confuse your opponent.

NOTE: Pressing A (shoot) during Melee combos (except Boost Dash Melee and BC) will make you throw GN Blade

Trans-Am (EX Burst)

In addition to getting both mobility and damage increased, Exia also gains more melee moves (complements to his 5B and BD melee combo) during Trans-Am mode.

5BBBB - Damage: 236(A), 218(B)

C8BBBB - Damage: 251(A), 232(B)

[ABC] - GN Armor TYPE-E (EX Attack)  Damage : 266 (A), 245(B)

oA7T42L.png

If you're destroyed when your cost bar is below 2000, you will reappear as GN001RE Exia Repair.
In this mode, Exia loses all its armament except BR, GN Sword, and BC moves. Its Extreme Attack also changes.
Blocking is impossible.
While not being as weak as Hyaku Shiki in its "Zombie mode", Exia Repair's attacks and mobility are weaker.

Exia Repair Movelist

Special Moves
[A] - GN Sword Rifle Mode
Rapid fire 3 times . Damage: 60, Reload time: 4 seconds.

[AB/AC]  - GN Sword Assault. Damage:70

Melee

[5B] GN Sword
5BBB - Damage: 171
5B2B - Damage: 99
5BB2B -Damage: 146

[8B] GN Sword Thrust
 8B - Exia goes forward and thrusts his opponent. Damage: 67

[6B]
 4/6B - Damage:89

[2B] Launching attack.
2B - A GN Sword attack that launches your opponent in the air. Damage: 65.

[CC8B] Boost Dash melee
CC8BB - 2 hit combo. Damage: 112.

[bC]
BC - GN Sword Spinning slash. Damage: 76
2/8BC - Jump stomp attack (aka Mario Jump) Damage:71

Trans-Am (EX Burst)

In Trans-Am mode, Exia Repair also gets more melee moves.

5BBBBB Damage: 199(A), 183(B)
CC8B BBB: Damage: 221(A), 203(B)

[ABC]
Overboost-Mode Assault. Damage: 197 (A), 184(B)

Cancel Routes

BR -> AB, AC, BC

Sub -> BC, 8B

AC -> BR, AB

Melee (5B, 8B, 4/6B or 2B)-> AB, BC

A (after Melee) -> AB, BC

[bC] -> Nothing

Combos

WIP

Strategy

WIP

Source & Useful links

Exia's Niconico Video Archive : Exia has the biggest EXVSFB video archive on this website. Almost 1000 footage videos.

Exia's Japanese Wiki Page

Exia's Japanese Wiki Combo Page

burgerkong's Exia page Movelist and combo list

Thread is still in construction, some stuff will be changed/updated very SOON™. So far I have an issue about Exia Repair's movelist, as you can see, despite writing the same BBCode as for the other movelists, it is not displaying correctly. :V

Any tips or information about the suit's gameplay? Feel free to participate. 

Any typo, grammar mistake or any misinformation? Feel free to correct!

From the Wiki: normal, Trans-Am, EX

Combos I can't do well or at all:

384   BC(2-4 hits)>BC(activate Ex before last hit)>>BC>>BC>EX Burst

378   BC(2-4 hits, Ex)>BC(to last hit)>>BC(to last hit)>>BC(to last hit)>EX Burst

358   8B(4 hits)A→BC(last hit)>>BC(last hit)>EX Burst

354   8B(4 hits)A→BC(last hit)>>BC(last hit)>>CC8BBB

308   8B(2-4 hits)A→BC(to last hit)>8B(1 hit)A→BC(last hit)>8B(4 hits)A→BC

277    8B(3 hits)A→BC(last hit)>>BB8B(2 hits)→AB

Combos I can do well:

CC8BB>8B(2-4 hits)A>BC

BBBBB>EX   lol

I'll be the first to say I have no idea how people could possible count how many hits they've landed during his BC spin cycle or 8B move...but basically the bread-and-butter points to his melee style as I've seen it: pressing A during his 8B or 5B string throws little daggers that make you hop back to setup for your next combo. The final hit of the BC spin cycle does great damage so a lot of combos end with it. BBB8B ends in an almost ghost strike that does a knockdown. Both CC8B and 8B close ground quickly and can be chained to knock an opponent into the air. 8B has surprisingly good reach. Combine these things in ways that best match your situation.

I thought I'd gotten good with Exia...until I played online. The people that play Exia well online are definitely among the best I've seen with regard to using vertical space, putting you in awkward firing angles, and closing ground on you. Using the BC hop, sidestep slides, fuwah, all essential in this. Maybe with more practice I'll get there, but it's hard for me to motivate myself to put that much online practice into a 2k cost front position suit >< 

It seems most people in general use B Burst online for the mobility and boost, but Exia I think is among the few exceptions that A Burst is favored (along with the G Gundam units for similar playstyle).

This guy just became my initial melee suit. Extra movement, a surprisingly solid rifle. And more movement on a stun. And a finisher command melee. Hes great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I gave Exia a try last time I played, I had a general idea how to play neutral with it but I'm really confused how I should even play Exia. Should I play the suit like its a melee based suit? Cause I don't know how strong of a priority the melee has in general cause it seems like it would considering that's what Setsuna focused on more in 00.

Exia doesn't very much have a neutral game beyond movement and poking with beam rifle - melee is absolutely his priority style and it's a very aggressive-play suit. Like I'd posted above, there's a pretty significant difference I think between people who can play Exia vs CPUs and Exia vs other players - it's not a very beginner-friendly thing.

The way you move is critical for learning how to quickly and safely close ground on a target to unleash your melee. Things like using 8B or BDb to burst forward, using 2BC to leap up and confuse your opponent's camera and visibility of you, using step-backs and Sub for quick changes in direction...

It's definitely a suit you should watch a lot of videos on just to see how fast the players move, and the patterns in which they move in. Once you get on top of an opponent there are some bread-and-butter combos.

I just saw in the general questions thread you asked what does it mean to play "aggressive". So you know that the game is a match of 2v2. There's this term "neutral" that is probably best explained as neither side having an advantage or disadvantage in pressure or momentum. Generally you'll have 2 suits go forward, and 2 suits that hang behind to support their teammate. While everybody is at a sort of range just shooting and dodging, nobody in that moment has any sort of advantage or disadvantage - the game is "neutral"

Exia though is a suit that its playstyle revolves around wanting to disrupt an opponent's neutral game. You want to pressure them - get close to them, make them uncomfortable, put them on their heels. Exia at neutral is strongly about moving so that you both cover ground but also don't expose yourself to enemy fire, and finding the best moments and paths to close in on someone and disrupt their balance. Also to some degree I think baiting opponents to use big abilities and dodging so that they spend the ammo or leave themselves exposed to your quick approach.

That's what I feel is meant by "aggressive" play, compared to "neutral" or "defensive" (which I would most simply explain as kiting - baiting opponents to chase you and just giving them hell while they try).

Yeah I'm aware that CPU fights and actual matches are very different, though that answered my question, cause I tried again earlier today and Exia's tool set didn't work out the way it worked last time I played online with it. Anyways, the way it plays makes sense, it sounds like a lot like the way I like to play Deathscythe, I'll probably check some replays out now that I understand the general game plan for Exia, thanks. 

Added the cancel routes from the japanese wiki page. I wasn't sure about the meaning of 特格→なし so I omitted it (if anyone could tell me the meaning so I can put it).

Added burgerkong's Exia page to the link section, it has a lot of details about the combos (which is what I wanted to do in the first place) so make sure to check it out.

I will probably "remake" the thread to make it easier to read but since we've made a wiki recently for EXVS, I think it would be better to just make a wiki page for the suit. However I am not familiar with editing/creating wiki pages so if anyone's up just go for it. If not I'll just try by myself... one day :p . 

Added the cancel routes from the japanese wiki page. I wasn't sure about the meaning of 特格→なし so I omitted it (if anyone could tell me the meaning so I can put it).

Added burgerkong's Exia page to the link section, it has a lot of details about the combos (which is what I wanted to do in the first place) so make sure to check it out.

I will probably "remake" the thread to make it easier to read but since we've made a wiki recently for EXVS, I think it would be better to just make a wiki page for the suit. However I am not familiar with editing/creating wiki pages so if anyone's up just go for it. If not I'll just try by myself... one day :p . 

特格→なし means [bC]→nothing

Doing the wiki page would definitely be better served. If you are able to just fill in numbers and button inputs, I threw together a formatted page for you here: 

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gundam_Exia_(EXVSFB)

You can look at mine or BKs completed pages for more ideas of what to type if you want, but all the pieces you need for just basic table making is there for you, just copy and paste it to fill out tables :)