Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Gameplay Discussion Thread

Kirino, Shizuo, Kirito I don't know much about, no one in my arcade uses them at a decent-enough level.

But let me tell you why Kuroyukihime is bullshit. 

This bitch just controls the screen anywhere.  Anywhere.  You literally can't approach her when she has her assist available.  You have to block her assist before you can even try to get in.  Then, you have to worry about her 3/4 screen bullshit that eats you in the air or ground.  Then she has offensive burst if you get close, then it's try again.  Okay blocking again this fucking assist, okay, now I'm going in, okay I got clipped, eat a fuckton of damage, okay, fuck I didn't see the assist, eat a fuckton of damage, okay, I'm going in, block the assist, okay I made some headway, okay, I'm in, oh shit this bitch has a counter fuck, gotta bait that, okay, block the assist, make some space, okay she bursted again, okay block the assist, make some space again, go in, bait the counter, oh shit I just ate a trump card to the face, fuck, okay...block the assist, make some space, fuck got clipped, eat a fuckton of damage gg.

Asuna, Tomoka, and Shana are good, they feel fairish... Asuna has good confirms and her 2(A+B) makes a lot of what would be difficult matchups simple.  Shana is main-character tier.  She has all the good fighting game moves and can do anything strong and simple at any angle.  She's easy to use, and gets a lot of high damage easy confirms.  She just needs some proration fixing.  Tomoka just has good zoning and good rush attacks.  It's not so much that she's godlike, but more that she's a matchup you just need to learn.

oh shit I just ate a trump card to the face, fuck, okay..

I thought her mode change doesn't deal any damage? Or do you mean using it like a cancel or something? I got to watch more vids...

I thought her mode change doesn't deal any damage? Or do you mean using it like a cancel or something? I got to watch more vids...

i was embellishing but you get the point.

lmao, I like how Kuroyuhime sounds. Seems like what I was looking for when I saw / wanted to play Tomoka.  How would you say the rest of her game is (like mixups and such) now that people are beginning to learn how she plays?

I haven't been watching much but Kuroyuki seemed like butt in loktest -- has she been improved since then?

I also obviously haven't played the game so I can't say much but it just seemed liked the character has issues continuing pressure because stance change isn't cancelable at all. Then again, a lot more assists have come out since then, so it's probably a bit more even for her.

Still I've been told that Shana, Shana A (Asuna) and Shana K (Kirito) are still tops with Momoka more or less in the 4th spot. Follow by Kirino, Shizuo and Biri in no particular order.

But let me tell you why Kuroyukihime is bullshit.

Insert gibberish here

You're saying a character with one hit zoning pokes and no projectiles is keeping you out in a game with 2-button forward-moving super armor moves readily available to every character.

You are somehow implying she can do anything with her trump card in your face, since she just changes her mode and cannot combo into and out of it.

You are somehow implying assists and bursts greatly benefit only her compared to everyone else in the cast.

It's like I'm reading baby's first zoning matchup.

Let me break down why (I think) Kuroyukihime sucks:

1.  In a game where AB is a forward moving super-armor multi-hit absorbing move for almost the entire cast, Kuroyukihime's AB's active super armor frames are hideously few in number.  It is exceedingly easy to destroy her AB as its super armor duration ends so fast that normal jump-ins can beat it.  The flipside is EVERYONE ELSES AB CAN ABSORB AND HIT HER 236 and 214 on reaction because hey, those stabs count as limbs.

2.  NO PROJECTILE.

3.  Her trump card mode change does not DO ANYTHING USEFUL.  If it was like a combo stance change maybe, but you literally can only do it on knockdown as you can't do anything immediately after activation, and it changes her moves slightly but not enough to matter.

4.  You can chicken block in this game.

There's more but the gist of it is that she's specifically designed differently as a zoning character in a game with forward moving Persona DPs that punish her at 3/4ths screen free.

Put another way, think of Sim w/o a teleport, without a projectile or a projectile super, whose only reversal is an extremely short catch grab counter, in a game where focus can absorb multiple hits and does not take any meter and moves forward and attacks automatically.

Edit:  So SOWL's comment on the first page intrigued me (he mentioned mode red and other buffs but nothing specific) so I went and looked at the character rank thread (which is all over the place) and recent KYH matches.  First, I'll take back what I said about her modes all being useless, you can combo out of mode red at least, which already makes it worthwhile.  That being said, a lot of people are asking how KYH is strong, as they don't have a strong one in their area.  The two answers I generally see are aerial 236 sword poke and 2AB catch counter.  From what I can see they increased the duration on 2AB's active window, so at least that's something.  But aerial 236 looks the same as it always was.  Also mentioned as well is the top 50 player rank distribution, which is 5 Kirino, 11 Basketballs, 11 Shanas, 8 Asunas, 6 Kiritos, and 4 KYH.  (I assume there's 5 Railguns + Shizuos to make it 50.)

The match I am using for analysis is here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23142524

For the record, I played KYH in the loctests before I switched to Shana.

Second edit: This character has been really improved I think I'm going to have to mea culpa somewhat. She isn't bullshit but she's got a lot of what she was missing in loctest, which I'll elaborate on later. That being said, I still want to see people mash 5AB on her 236 more (at least when it's not red)

O_O so the boss version of Akira is a virus-like malevolent entity?

X_X geez where the hell is the real Akira? don't tell me we're going to fight his dupe? Its Persona Arena & Kamen Rider Battride War all over again.

Kubo tweeted some frame data for anyone who can translate:

Also I've updated the thread with a bit more information on Misaka and Kirino, I want everyone to get the same treatment overtime. It's a work in progress but if theres any translators who want to contribute with translations of the dengeki articles for each character that would be nice ~

ok here we go

Shizuo: 5A 8F, 5B 12F, 2A 8F, 2C 12F, JA 9F, JB 12F, AB 13F divekick 16F

Kirino 2A 6F, 2B 10F, 2C 11F, JB 10F, JC 11F, 5A 6F, 5B 9F, 5C 13F,  Athlete Dash 7F, Athlete Dash B 16F, Beach Spike 15F, Trump card 26F

Kuroyukihime 5A 8F, 5B 11F, 5C 13F, 2A 7F, 2B 11F, 2C 12F, 236A 13F, JC 13F, AB 13F

Mikasa 5A 7F, 5B 10F , 5[C] 19F, 2A 7F, 2B 11F, 2C 14F, 2[C] 20F, 5C 13F, JC 12F, j.[C] 19F, AB 12F, 2AB 16F, 236A 16F,  Trump Card 26F

Kirito 5A 7F, 5B 10F, 5C 11F, JB 10F, JC 11F, AB 13F, Meteor Break=(動派生タックル?) 16f, j.236A 11F,Trump card 6F 

Tomoka 5B 8F, 2A 6F, 2B 9F, 5C 10F, JB 10F, JC 11F, AB 13F

Shana 5A 7F, 5B 10F, 5C 12F, 2A 5F, 2B 10F, 2C 11F, JA 8F, JB 10F, JC 11F, AB 14F, 214A 13F,Trump Card 5F

not the best of translations cause i dont understand the specials well enough to go off description but thats 95% of the moves and their respective frames

Not sure why editing the post broke the formatting, oh well.

Kuroyukihime buffs from a forgetful loctest player:

1. Red mode 236 and j236 is now SUPER HUGE, 236 wall slam -> 236 wall slam -> super or ex 236 is a thing full screen now

2. jC hitbox improved (it used to whiff very often after double jump)

3. 2C blindspot smaller

4. Koko assist added to game (she didn't get a very good knockdown after her aerial chain before, Koko doing a small launch after j236 lets her 5AB after it into super or EX)

5. ex j214 is a hard knockdown

6. 214C/j214C? lets KYH actually follow Black Lotus through the opponent to the other side to cross up.

7. Gets super off of 2AB (I think, guy went for it but it whiffed)

Honestly the red mode 236/j236 change is huge, you hit people before they even think they're near it so it's really hard to 5AB or projectile it on reaction.

スラッシュダウンキック is Shizuo's divekick, I believe.

スラッシュダウンキック is Shizuo's divekick, I believe.

that would make sense. i wanted to put dive but i had no idea of his moves. will edit the post.

well i was planning on starting playing KYH first, hooray.

her trait lets her jump cancel her ground normals, it's quite good i think.

i want to play her with the fast wind projectile assist, which one is that lol

kuroyukihime in action :) http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23218079

don't know if it was like this before, but

-canceling a chain into 5a+b into thrump card to extend blockstrings (2:05) and combos (11:31 ) seem possible

-her normal throw can be canceled into supers, like in 2:46 and 14:12. Only saw misaka doing it before, can others do this too?

-the C followup of her 214x is a teleport. She used it to run away from the corner at 4:25

in other videos ( like http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23237228 at 22:46, 23:46 and 24:30 ) it shows that she don't lose the option to use a air normal after this teleport, so it do have a little of mixup -potential (as it places her in the air at the back of the opponent, even from a grounded 214x).

You can actually cancel throw into a lot of things from what I've seen. I can't find the video but I know ive seen kirito players do throw>super/assist cancel/trump.

Another DFC Tier List from@GO13151 (https://twitter.com/GO13151/status/452249307391868929)

S: Kuroyukihime

A+: Shana, Kirino

A: Kirito

A-: Asuna

B: Tomoka, Misaka

B-: Shizuo

Compared to the last tier list it looks about the same except Tomoka went down and Misaka went up (out of bottom with Shizuo)

Another DFC Tier List from@GO13151 (https://twitter.com/GO13151/status/452249307391868929)

S: Kuroyukihime

A+: Shana, Kirino

A: Kirito

A-: Asuna

B: Tomoka, Misaka

B-: Shizuo

Compared to the last tier list it looks about the same except Tomoka went down and Misaka went up (out of bottom with Shizuo)

My namesake looks high on the tier list sweet. Kuroyukihime ranks higher than Shana... that's unexpected, but she seems to be doing well lately.

Speaking of Leisureland Akibahara I hope to see more Kirito players. I like watching Shana, Tomoko, and Asuna's go at it, but need duel blades in my life every once in awhile.