shtkn

Evo 2k14 Side Tournaments: Hype and Volunteers Needed!

Evo is upon us again, and as always, we will host side tournaments for the games that aren't officially on the evo lineup! However, this can not happen without your help! We need full setups and volunteers to help run everything.

Equipment Needed:

• I would like to have 8-10 full setups this year (last year we only had 6-7) to run two pool at once. If you can volunteer equipment (PS3s and TVs), please let me know! We will also need copies of the games as well.
  • We also need volunteers to run pools as well, I can't do everything, or else I would collapse from exhaustion.
  • I would like one stream station (ideally two) to showcase some pool matches as well as top 8.

Games and Format:

• Guilty Gear AC+R, Persona 4: Arena. Both are singles. Both capped at 128 entrants.
  • All games on PS3
  • All games are $5 per player
  • Pot split each tournament is 60/30/10
  • All tournaments are double elimination pools. All matches are best of three except grand finals, which is best of five
  • All brackets will be randomly generated, no seeding.
  • The top 2 of each pool advances to top 8.
  • If we have time, then we can also run BBCP teams (no idea on format, open to suggestions).

Rules:

Guilty Gear

• No EX, Shadow, Gold characters
  • In-game button macros are allowed only if both players agree to it. If neither player says anything, then they are disabled by default. If someone notices they are using macros when they should be disabled then offending player forfeits the match.
  • No programmable controllers

Persona 4: Arena

• ​No programmable controllers

Schedule:
This will be run on Friday since BBCP is being run on Saturday. I want to avoid that day since we will likely have the most player overlap with that game. Tentatively, we will take signups until 1 hour before pools start, then 30 minutes to create the brackets and post them, then 30 minutes for word to spread around, then start promptly at noon for gg and 4pm for p4. If that doesn't work for you, find me anytime the day before hte tournament, give me money, and i'll sign you up. I'm the 5foot 4 inch asian guy wearing a cowboy hat

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
GGACR

Signups end at 11am
Noon-2pm: Pools 1 and 2
2pm-4pm: Pools 3 and 4
4pm-5:30pm: Top 8

Pools for P4Arena will start as soon as Pools for GG finish, top 8 for GG will still be running during P4Arena Pools 1 and 2
P4Arena

Signups end at 3pm
4pm-6pm: Pools 1 and 2
6pm-8pm: Pools 3 and 4
8pm-9:30pm: Top 8

No Online Registration:
Unlike last year, I will not be taking signups online. Nevertheless, please post in this thread if you're interested to help me gauge how much equipment/time we need to finish this tournament.

If you see me at evo the day before the tournament, feel free to tell me and give me your entry fee, but otherwise, no signups beforehand. No IOUs, if you don't have money, then I am not signing you up.

Current List of Equipment+Volunteers:
Equpiment
Shtkn 1 full setup
Delta 1 full setup
Jigoku Roa 1 full setup
KBNova 1 full setup
Mo the Hawk 1 full setup
Jyosua 1 full setup, 1 extra tv
Fiestamente 1 full setup

Lemstar 1 full setup

Sanoshi 1 console

Volunteers:
Delta
Jigoku Roa
Mo the Hawk (during p4 pools only)

Sanoshi

Skye

Stream
Jyosua
P4 Top 8 will be on Madcatz's stream

Prizes

Atlus has thrown $1000 into the prize pot for Persona 4:Arena, as well as a signed piece of art by famous artist of the Persona and SMT series: Shigenori Soejima!

Questions:
If you have any, please post up.

This is going to be my first Evo and I am very hype to finally try this thing called Vegas.

I am interested in participating in the Guilty Gear side tournament and any team tournaments that would be organized.

See you guys there.

P.S. : Montreal is gonna wreck your shit, just sayin'

Count me in for streaming again. I can also provide two Asus Monitors, one PS3 with both games on it, a PA system to keep your voices intact, and a table.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but w/e.

I would be coming to this years EVO from japan and i'm looking for people to share a room with. I will mostly be at EVO for BB, but i will probably enter the GG side tourney as well. 

Soo if someone happens to have a spot for one or wants to talk about getting a room then please do pm me! 

alright, i think i added everyone to the list for equipment.

jyosua, you said you had 2 monitors, do you need one of them for streaming or commentating?

i also have 2 monitors (but only 1 ps3)... can anyone supply a ps3?

kbnova, you said one full setup for gg, does that mean we can't use it for p4? it's fine if we can't, i just need to make sure

Kevin you can use it for p4a also. I just meant one setup in for general use.

Hrmmm...should I be posting here for the Gundam side tournament info?

alright, i think i added everyone to the list for equipment.

jyosua, you said you had 2 monitors, do you need one of them for streaming or commentating?

i also have 2 monitors (but only 1 ps3)... can anyone supply a ps3?

kbnova, you said one full setup for gg, does that mean we can't use it for p4? it's fine if we can't, i just need to make sure

I do not need one for streaming or commentating; I have a third monitor for that purpose! I only have one PS3 though, so if someone can bring a PS3 for the second monitor, that would be 2 setups.

For people who are not entering main tournament events, what kind of pass do you think we will need to get into the side tourney area?

$40 Full Access Pass

Tournament and Exhibitor Hall access, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

$20 Basic Pass

Exhibitor Hall access, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

I'm guessing side tournaments are taking place in the exhibitor hall?

uh... i don't know if you missed it, but we kinda stopped covering skullgirls here at dustloop since skullheart opened and we never got much traffic in that section to begin with...

also, we still need equipment! if you can bring a setup (or even just parts of a setup), please post up!

This is going to be my first Evo and I am very hype to finally try this thing called Vegas.

I am interested in participating in the Guilty Gear side tournament and any team tournaments that would be organized.

See you guys there.

P.S. : Montreal is gonna wreck your shit, just sayin'

I'll probably end up going and Brice I'm going to fuck you and all of Montreal collectively. UMAD is gonna be foreplay.

I wanna volunteer to run more side tournaments for Melty Blood: Actress Again, Aquapazza, Arcana Hearts 3 Love Max!!!!! and Chaos Code.

Instead of creating a new thread, I want to know if I can get these games added to the first post with myself added to the volunteers list. Information is still sketchy because it's so early, but I've at least created an open Facebook event to guage interest. Please add this link: https://www.facebook.com/events/740642235967144/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Cross posts:
Melty Bread - http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/evo-2k14-side-tournaments-mbaacc-ah3lm-cc-and-ap/msg108958/#msg108958

Homing Cancel - http://homingcancel.com/events/evo-2k14-side-tournaments-ah3lm-ap-mbaacc-and-cc/msg41926/?topicseen#msg41926

Hey kevin. I heard we can't use ps3 wireless pads for evo. Is this true for side tourneys.

i hadn't thought about it till now, but i'm going to go with banning them too to prevent accidnetal synching. PS4 controllers are okay since they seem to not cause this issue

If I don't get picked to be a judge, I'd like to help out here if I can. I'll try to keep in the.....loop......on this thread even though I'm slow when it comes to non-facebook content (I'm getting old and all you kids with your apps/tweets and stuff make my head hurt)

thanks, when will you know by?

also, we still need setups! some of us have spare monitors, but no consoles to go with them!