shtkn

Evo 2k14 Side Tournaments: Hype and Volunteers Needed!

thanks, fiestamente

also, the tentative schedule is posted up

I will have a PS3 Slim with Hori's monitor attachment that I can bring. screen is only 11.6" so I don't know how you guys feel about that.

Let me know if it will be needed. I will have GG on it.

i hadn't thought about it till now, but i'm going to go with banning them too to prevent accidnetal synching. PS4 controllers are okay since they seem to not cause this issue

So if we bring a wireless ps4 controller with its micro usb thats cool? 

Since BB is on Saturday morning, I'm assuming GG will be on Friday at noon then? Or will it be run Saturday afternoon/evening?

Edit: BB seems to extend well into the afternoon, didn't see that.

Btw, if anyone knows a player from Japan named Tudy Rivera, he's in 2 pools, J2 and J4 >_>

yes, we will be running this friday.

gg will start at noon, p4 will start at 4.

signups for gg end at 11am, signups for p4 end at 3. basically an hour before pools for each game is supposed to start

also, tentative schedule in the first post.

neither do i... then to be on the safe side, i will have to say no. i appreciate teh offer though.

Im just wondering is it ok if I use a cronus device to events like this (going to evo nxt year not this one :(  ) because I have an Xbox 360 stick and i use my cronus device to play on my ps3 and without macros in it.

Im just wondering is it ok if I use a cronus device to events like this (going to evo nxt year not this one :(  ) because I have an Xbox 360 stick and i use my cronus device to play on my ps3 and without macros in it.

I asked, and Mr. Wizard told me it was an outright ban on all Cronus Devices, despite the rules only mentioning "Cronus Max" devices.  I imagine for a side tournament like ours it's up to us though. (?)

yeah, it's up to us, but i'm going to go with banning it anyways since apparantly, the issue with it is that it can cause the console to break down and i don't want ot risk that happening

yes, both would be appreciated! Jyosua has been having problems with his LGP lately, so having an extra would be a nice bit of insurance

Do you know how many setups you have now? I could bring my PS3 + games (GG & P4), but not sure about monitor.

And i can help run pools with you too. I'll bring my iPad like last year and stuff.

assuming no one flakes on equipment, we currently have 8 so far. I would love to get to 10 though! Jyosua has a second monitor that you can use if you can only bring a console.

Unfortunately, my second monitor was stolen, so I can't help there.

i'll put you down for helping run pools at least

I'll be able to bring a PS3 console for P4A&GG, I have a monitor I can bring but I'm going to be rooming at the Riviera so I don't know if I'll be able to carry it the whole .6mi in the las vegas heat.  Is anyone else going to be at that hotel that could help me out? Otherwise I'm fine with just bringing a PS3.

I also have experience running pools, I ran a few smash pools last year at EVO as well as running a few small tourneys at my locals.

I can get someone to bring a monitor, so please bring the console+games. If we need more volunteers (or if I look overwhelmed) please talk to me at the event

Sent from my phone

I can get someone to bring a monitor, so please bring the console+games. If we need more volunteers (or if I look overwhelmed) please talk to me at the event

Sent from my phone

Alright I'll be bringing my PS3 I'll gladly volunteer to run pools either way.  See you at the venue on Friday then.

I can't promise the monitor since half of my room's set up is not mine. But I do have the PS3+Guilty Gear on the harddrive. I'll bring P4A for PS3 as well since I saw this before I left. If you need another set up just find me Kevin.