Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaImmortal

[#R] GGXX#R: Known Online gameplay Issues

When I used to be behind a router, just about everyone that was in the lobby was No Response all the time, save for a very few people. And when I tried to play those few people, I got the disconnection after char select everytime. I have no idea how to solve that problem. In regards to the game running slower, this may not help much, but revert to 1.15 to see if it helps. I've heard reports from a few people that 1.15 works better for them. With your router: I'm sure you have DMZ enabled right? If not, enable it.

Are u sure it works with GG? The only games on pc that I was able to record with fraps were the once running with Kega Emulator (Sega Genesis Games).

Anyway I will try it and see what happens.

yes it should, ive used it, im not sure if the game has to be in full screen mode though

But won't that mean I won't be able to play with people with later patches? :(

Nope. They're compatible.

Nope. They're compatible.

Oh, good to hear that. I'll replace it ASAP. Thanks :)

As a side note, before upgrading, last patch I installed was... 1.12.

People, I installed 1.15 and it now works! Thanks! Just another issue... is it normal that I got some FPS slowdowns? If not, what do you suggest me to do?

People, I installed 1.15 and it now works! Thanks!

Just another issue... is it normal that I got some FPS slowdowns?

If not, what do you suggest me to do?

Not sure. Have you tried turning off v-sync?

Not sure. Have you tried turning off v-sync?

I did, and it runs worse :x

I even tried enabling the 30fps and reducing color to High, but I still get slowdowns :(

I think it's normal to get some fps down. After all it's online playing. Anyway, I used to have to same problem with Kyosuke. But then I changed back to 1.15-3 and uncheck the box "Ignore slow connections" in GGXXNET config and it works now, at least with every single one that does the same thing as i did. So maybe some of you wanna revert to 1.15-3 and teach me some lessons sometimes :D really appreciate if you do.

anyone know why when i click the vs net play button all i see is a blank screen with no one shown playing....here is a picture of what i seePosted Image

my internet is up:keke: just shows blank

check your lobby address. you might have a typo in there.

btw, i saw your match against ken. i was rofl cause you played ac may much like reload may. :3

cool, now i can see other people in the room but i can't connect to them....here is a picture of the screen i see. it just gives me the option to watch game, i haven't played this in so long, can u really see other people play now? anywho here is picture, help a brotha out. and it has weird symbols

Posted Image

everyone on there, their status either says Busy(Casting), busy or No Response and everyones ping is like 160 or higher i don't remember if pings were suppose to be that high. is that normal

What lobby are you in?

This is the lobby address i put in the config section www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay2/ggnlobby.cgi is there another one i should be using?

anyone know why all the players names are shown in symbols but some players have their name

This is the lobby address i put in the config section www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay2/ggnlobby.cgi is there another one i should be using?

anyone know why all the players names are shown in symbols but some players have their name

random players from all over the world are playing. :psyduck:

random players from all over the world are playing. :psyduck:

where the americans:?:

Er, yeah, I think the one you should be using is www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi. Pretty much everyone uses delay 4 unless you're in Japan, where they use delay 2, so that could be the problem.

thanks that was it...i forgot what everyone played on, i switched to 4 and now i see people playing from america.

Weird, my ports are closed here but I used to be able to connect with people when it showed them (not no resp). Now if i connect to someone or someone connects to me it won't even go to the character select screen.

Any chance of playing people who are "no response"? Which in my case about 70% of people are.

Usually, that's people who are no longer online but the lobby still lists them (because they hacven't done a "clean" exit by hitting X), so no