Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaImmortal

[#R] GGXX#R: Known Online gameplay Issues

Is greed server unblockable online?

Of course not ! Otherwise every S rank would be using Ky and the game would be even more broken than Slash ^^

No, seriously, you must be playing against high ping opponents. The fact that lag adds to your reaction time doesn't help much... Just be careful and block it high.

I'm trying to make a "where to play against who" test, to see what's the best stage to play a specific match-up in order to reduce lag on netplay...

Of course playing against opponent with a ping higher than 120 is difficult on any stage...

So far, Venom, Testa, Millia and Slayer stages are fine I think... I'm still searching though

yeah i mostly try to play on sol stage, cuz it seems i get less lag with that one.

it depends on who you are playing as well. For example, between me and Free, I noticed that there is slight lag in Eddie's stage and as he said, Sol's is pretty good. but against other people, Eddie's level is fine.

Usually, that's people who are no longer online but the lobby still lists them (because they hacven't done a "clean" exit by hitting X), so no

When its No Response, thats not the only reason.

The other reason is, I just can't connect to certain people nor can those certain people connect to me. I tested this with a friend and can clarify it's definitely true. But my friend had a different ISP before, and at that time we can connect to each other OK.

This seriously need to fix! I'm sure everybody's got this problem.

When its No Response, thats not the only reason.

The other reason is, I just can't connect to certain people nor can those certain people connect to me. I tested this with a friend and can clarify it's definitely true. But my friend had a different ISP before, and at that time we can connect to each other OK.

This seriously need to fix! I'm sure everybody's got this problem.

Yep i have this same problem...there's people i use to connect to but now they are always no repsonse.

does anyone have the problem of people showing up in white but when you go to play them, the menu (the one where your choosing which player you want to fight) freezes for a second and nothing happens? Then you cant play anybody...

Weird, my ports are closed here but I used to be able to connect with people when it showed them (not no resp). Now if i connect to someone or someone connects to me it won't even go to the character select screen.

yes, this is the problem i am having, but i do have the right ports open, and its pissing me off\

yes, this is the problem i am having, but i do have the right ports open, and its pissing me off\

same hereand the funny thing is i dont even kno how to open ports or where they are:vbang:

same hereand the funny thing is i dont even kno how to open ports or where they are:vbang:

Then u fail at the internet......JK:)

I don't know if it's the right thread but i'm having some problems patching my ggxx.exe :s, i tried v100, v110, v120 but still can't find the online option in the menu, i have no errors during patching, it says 100% complete :psyduck: thank u for helping me

turn shortcut on in the game options menu, then save and exit, when you bring up the menu it won't have the round menu options but a list of the menu options. vs net will be at the end of the list.

I saw the opening post mention 'private servers', so I'll ask here since it's as good a place as any. Can anybody tell me how to set up my own lobby for #R? Currently I may come off as somewhat of a dick for denying/dropping random people for no reason -- I often get on just to play a specific opponent and get all sorts of challenges.

I saw the opening post mention 'private servers', so I'll ask here since it's as good a place as any. Can anybody tell me how to set up my own lobby for #R? Currently I may come off as somewhat of a dick for denying/dropping random people for no reason -- I often get on just to play a specific opponent and get all sorts of challenges.

try using the alternate lobbies

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay1/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay2/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay3/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay5/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay6/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ex/ggnlobby.cgi

take your pick. just because it says delay1/2/etc doesn't mean you have to use that delay

It's simple, all you need is a web server that is running with a perl module and host ggnlobby.cgi with permissions that allow group and global users to view and execute the script.

Hey guys...I have a horrible problems: Why the game crushes during matches? I have the last Patch and Vista. A lot of people will think I'm a stupid quitter...

Hi, I just got GGXX #Reload online to work and I can join some rooms fine, but how do I create a room? Thanks.

Well, I don't think it's at all necessary to make another lobby unless you were trying to do a private tourney or something. Otherwise, if you're just trying to play with a friend without being bothered by others in the lobby, then you could just play in any of the unused lobbies.

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay1/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay3/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay5/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay6/ggnlobby.cgi

The most people play on these two:

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi

guiltygear.wingdreams.net/lobby.cgi

If you really want to have your own lobby, then you'd have to have your own server to host it, create a lobby script, and other stuff that I don't know. Perhaps someone else who knows more about it can come along and explain it. Again, if you're trying to play with anyone, then you could just use those last two, since many people play on them.

What I meant to ask was making a new game in a lobby, i.e. the rooms where you join by highlighting then selecting "join game" or something.

You don't actually make rooms, you just connect to other players that are ready. So others can select your name and start a match just as you can on others.

Hey guys...I have a horrible problems:

Why the game crushes during matches?

I have the last Patch and Vista.

A lot of people will think I'm a stupid quitter...

maybe you have a wirleless connection....

p.s. anche io gioco su vista, ieri mi hai sfidato due vole ma il gioco laggava troppo era sui 50 fps dovrebbe essere a 60, forse perchè avevi il mulo, o il torrent o cmq stavi scaricando qualcosa...(almeno credo)

Hi, So on my list there are some people who have about 50-60 ms ping and are listed as idle and when I select their name, both the play game and deny options are available. When when I select the play game option, my direction pad just stops responding for 1-2 seconds then nothing happens. So just wondering if anyone is suffering from the same problem and why does this happen?