Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strife

[P4AU] Junpei Iori - Q&A Thread

First of all, that combo doesn't work because you can't do 2 J.Bs if they're not in the air. I'm going to assume the combo was actually supposed to be 5AA > 2C > 5C > J.B > J.B > J.236B, which is fine but doesn't give you knockdown. Second, when you're playing normal junpei you always wanna end the combo with bunt if possible. The simplest and usually most effective combo is simply doing 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2AB > 214A, and it should work on everyone. If you wanna get real specific there's a character specific jump loop I've found (thanks to hina) that gets more bats than usual. Against tall characters junpei can do 5A > 5B > 5C > J.B > J.A > 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2AB > 214A for a couple more bases than usual, but you gotta make sure you're doing it on a tall character.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I wrote that combo wrong. There was supposed to be a j.C in between the two j.Bs, which is what lifts them for the second j.B.

5AA > 2B > 5C > j.B > j.C > j.B > 236B

It's basically a lesser version of the tall-character combo you mentioned, I found out later that it's character-specific so I stopped using it.

I had just started using that combo with 2AB since then, or the 5AA > 2C routes if I'm close enough. I always ended the ground combo with 236A, though, but now I do see that the bunt is better if I'm not going to be using a homerun.

About Trismegistus, any good setups? I know you can do some oki after 214(C/D) with 5D, but that's about it. Actually, that one's really hit or miss for me. Half the time Trismegistus spawns over me rather than the opponent. Should I just mash 5D to get the timing? Anyway, I play a lot against someone that mains Marie, so I'm having trouble even setting up my Persona with a super-jump j.D, because all her Persona attacks are huge and outprioritize most of my own except for 214(C/D) I believe. So I'm wondering if there's some more frame-advantageous ways to use Trismegistus in general, against characters that give little space to do so.