Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CPE] μ12: Critique And Self-Improvement Thread

As the thread states, post videos of your gameplay and have fellow Mu players give you constructive criticism and advice. (A compliment is welcome too, of course)

Shall I start?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F6bggTaco4g

As the thread states, post videos of your gameplay and have fellow Mu players give you constructive criticism and advice. (A compliment is welcome too, of course)

Shall I start?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F6bggTaco4g

Saying pretty much the same thing as what i said in the Mu vs Izayoi matchup thread:

There should be no real need to immediately rush down Izayoi , seeing that she is not dangerous without any zero weave stocks (even with stocks, she is imo at best a mild threat) . The way how you played, you tried to close in on her and that got you hit (and knocked down) and that gave her zero weave stocks. Be aware of Izayoi's 5b as it is fairly good against Mu, because it's faster and has a smaller hurtbox than our 5c and it outranges our 2b. Jumping in on Izayoi should get you hit by her pseudo dp's

Mu is perfectly able to keep her away with steins and habaya and Izayoi will have to take risks to get in on you instead of doing the opposite

edit: i noticed lot's of missed confirms and misplaced normals (like using too much 5c while Izayoi was jumping or using 6a too early while Izayoi was in the air) If i have to be honest, you have to work more on your neutral

You'll have to excuse my sloppy play, was 4am and I was virtually out of it. But yes, I am oblivious to how this match up goes. So I should basically play keep away then?

Heres a quick game with a friend, i'm not really sure on how to deal with ... rushdown characters in general, so any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXo_GQCqvK8

I'm not the best with Mu, but I would definitely say you need to work on neutral first and foremost. Even now I'm still working on neutral. Trust me, it saves you from being decked in the face unecessarily.

Common mistakes, after using 6c into habaya

Noel could have used 3c or 2d (which that player did) or simply airdashed to punish it

Throwing j.c and j.2c out alot should get you punished by her 6a or even 6c

Just basics things that i avoid against noel players but since there were many mistakes made by both players i can't exactly highlight all of it

Heres a quick game with a friend, i'm not really sure on how to deal with ... rushdown characters in general, so any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXo_GQCqvK8

To be honest a large chunk of your gameplay's decision making in neutral is better than you think. J2C actually makes one of if not the best counterpoke tools in the game and is excellent for shooting down high mobility characters. The thing I would recommend the most is understanding what to do once you have your opponent blocking.

To explain that I'm going to repost something we wrote up for the wiki:

5c's failing is in pressure. Though the move is not very minus on block, gatling into 5c removes the threat of µ's mixup via 6b and throws, limiting it to frametraps. Opponents who understand the µ's normals can see 5c as a queue for the essential end of her pressure. However, once again this is a normal where a varied use of Late Chains, Special and Drive Cancels will keep you mobile and unpredictable, forcing the opponent to respect your space.

5b's true strength is the number of options it has following it, and leading into it. The move gatlings into nearly all of µ's other normals, and can be late chained out of at almost any time. Combining this with varied use of Special Cancels, Drive cancels and Jump cancels lead to this move being critical in pressure and mixup.

See the difference in situations where your opponent is blocking? It's easy to make people block 5c but you're not gaining any ground by it offensively. Steins are there to get you in, and 5c is there to keep them out.

How exactly do you improve on Neutral? I've always found it to be a difficult concept to grasp, when you're actually in a fight.

You play a lot of games and try to hit them without getting hit.

Seems overly simple but that's all really. You can training mode some things like beating extended hitboxes but in the end it comes down to experience, foresight and fundamental game knowledge.

You play a lot of games and try to hit them without getting hit.

Seems overly simple but that's all really. You can training mode some things like beating extended hitboxes but in the end it comes down to experience, foresight and fundamental game knowledge.

Yep, pretty much.

No one critiqued myshtuff though. Just...don'tbe too harsh. :3

@Frost Monarch :

TLDR Version : To improve your neutral, play a lot, but try to learn from every match, and focus on fixing your mistakes.

Longer version :

An important aspect of improving neutral is having a plan. So about the izayoi matchup, for example, Mu gives her a really hard time if they try to play the fireball game, because you have many options to beat it. Lets say you both do something at the same time, she shoots a sonic saber, you press 5d. You see the sonic saber, so jump and avoid it, and you just won that exchange, because 5d will fire shortly after, and they have more recovery than you and gained nothing (besides putting you in the air, so don't do that if you're too close or they might try and tag you with that diagonal upwards slash). Similarly with 236a, if both projectiles meet each other, yours will destroy theirs and keep moving forward, giving you a clear advantage. However, if you were to say do 5d 2d instead, by the time you jump, you won't have enough time to avoid their projectile, so you'll have both your stein shots cancelled, and they'll gain a stock : your loss. (protip : if you jump too early, place a stein or airdash in the air to stay high enough to avoid their projectile)

So, knowing that the fireball game is in your favor, your objective at the start of the round, should be to position yourself so you can start this, meaning very far from them. Izayoi doesn't have the best tools to prevent you to do so, but she can still run up to you, so the first part of the neutral game should be to assess what you think your opponent will try to do :

-will he back off at the start of the round? great, that's what you want, don't need to chase him down.

-will he try to challenge you at the start of the round? counter by just creating enough space to start throwing projectiles.

-will he prevent you from running away for free by dashing forward? counter this by sticking some normals out, they are good at this. Alternatively, you could block and then try to escape pressure, blocking no stock izayoi isn't the scariest thing midscreen. Also, if you jumped back at the start and he ground dashed forward, airdash forward and you've created that gap you want.

Once you've created that space, some izayoi players will try the fireball game anyways. Either they don't know, or they want to test you, to see if you know how to deal with it. Keep it simple, play safe and show them they can't win it. If you do that correctly, they'll quickly realize that they need to try something else, and they'll try to get closer. The plan I mentioned above for beating her sonic sabers assumes there's enough distance between both characters, if you're too close, 5d jump won't allow you to escape... but it puts them at a range where your 5c is a threat to them. I feel like air to air, they'd have a hard time challenging j.c, but if they're higher than you, look out for air sonic saber. No real risk, just airdash back to avoid it and then you're at that range where you want to be.

So yeah, at this point, you're trying to prevent them from getting close, and your tools are good at that, compared to their tools for getting in. Of course, if you feel like they're respecting too much or see an opportunity, you could go in, it tends to happen eventually and you don't want to give up your chances. Even if in theory you could keep them out forever, or at least you have the advantage in the current situation, they could turn things around with a good read or a mistake on your part. So, while keeping them out and all, also keep your eyes open for chances to get in (whiffed normal, used up all their air options, etc.)

Like I said, this is mostly an example, but if you want to improve neutral, it's a good idea to know what your opponent's most likely options are, and how to counter them. It's also good to have a plan, it helps you be patient and take smart decisions. Once this is kind of clear in your mind, the next step would be to rewatch your matches and note the mistakes you do, and how to prevent them from happening. How I do this is I try to find the spots where I either blocked an attack that let my opponent start his pressure, or get hit. Then, I try to identify the mistake :

-Was there a button I could have pressed there? Would I need to anticipate it, or could I react? (ex: block a jump in, next time use an anti air)

-If not, stepping back how could I have avoided the situation? (ex: got hit by an anti air, should have avoided pressing a button there, airdash back instead if it's available)

-If it was just an execution mistake, is it something that tends to happen often? (ex: every time I try to DP this string I screw it up)

-Or did I just simply misjudge the opponent? Should I have known? Was the risk not worth it? If I couldn't have known, how should I test my opponents next time instead? (ex: he DP'd me out of my overhead, it was too predictable at that point, I need to vary it a bit more)

I find it quite hard to think of solutions mid-match, so I try to prepare them ahead of time, and step into training mode to reproduce the situations and see what happens, if I'm not sure. Note that I do this kind of rarely, and only when something really bugs me, usually just thinking is enough. Here's an example :

I lose to tager sometimes, because I try to anti-air their jump (or super jump) in with 6a, but get baited with j.2c. I wonder, is there a way to react to this? Go in training mode, set the dummy to random between jump forward j.b, and jump forward j.2c (each twice with different timings, so I don't rely on an unintentional cue, like the timing after pressing the replay button).

I then try to react well with 6a. Can't get it. Hmmm, maybe 2c? Doesn't work either. 5a? no luck. I don't need to test other ground normals, I know they won't help me here. Hm, wait tager can't do anything after he jumped, so maybe I can react to the jump instead, what can I do? airthrow! It's kind of risky, but if I know he's going for this, I doubt he's expecting me to airthrow him. Am I done here? nope. If I just rely on airthrow, he can just press a button early and hit me out, or wait for it and break it. What other, maybe safer options could I use? Well, I could backdash it, but that would give me some recovery and put me closer to the corner. Well... how about if I just run under him instead? Seems to work well, but only if I'm at the correct spacing. Alright, at this point I think I have enough options for now, I can adjust depending on what my read on him is, and what spacing to look for to avoid getting losing to his jump in.

...but wait didn't C0R say you just need to play a lot of matches? That made sense, right? And this is a lot of information, I bet I can't think of all this while playing. Well, all of that is correct. You prepare things ahead so you can focus on your opponent during the match, and have solutions ready for what he can throw at you. You have a plan, so that you know how to fix and adjust it, which makes it a lot easier to learn from your mistakes. So finally, it's very important to play a lot, but it's also important to make those games count, and try to learn something each time. Anyways, this came out kind of long, and there's probably a lot that you already know, but I dunno, I felt like typing it out, for once. It's also really incomplete, because there would be too much to say. The example of the matchup I used is really bad for izayoi imo, because Mu has so many answers, but it helped to explain my point (also, my experience is limited, I might be wrong). Other matchups, like Valkenhayn, for instance, you still have to find an objective, but he has a lot of tools that counter yours very well, so the answers really aren't as clear, and you need to adjust way more to your opponent himself.

Good luck!

-----------------------

@Susano :

your pressure strings are decent, you keep them pretty varied. However, they aren't "optimized", you're missing out on a lot of hitconfirms and mixup chances. Lots of times you go mid-mid-mid-mid (ex : 2a 6a 5b 2c) which while it does include a 2c frametrap at the end, it really doesn't encourage your opponent to mash there, and you're kinda just letting him get out. I do see you often use good strings, like the same thing but ending in 3c, or placing a 2b in there. It's like, half your strings are good, and half feel like a wasted opportunity to do a good one. I often see you tag them with a standing normal into 2b, as a nice overhead feint, but then no hitconfirm. One thing you could add would be jump cancel on normals, either into instant airdash pressure reset (ex: whatever 3c iad j.b j.a 2a etc.) or well to bait counterassault but I didn't see your opponents do any so against them it's not really an issue. Another tool you could add is crush trigger, if you want to add even more variety, but it isn't essential.

So like, an example would be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHfUj4ok5fY&t=15m45s where you do 2a 5b 5c 3c RC 5c. Because you can't gatling into an overhead from 5c, there isn't much mixup in that string, and you used 50 meter. Alternative strings could have been 2a 5b 2b 3c RC dash 2b, then if blocked whatever, you can try to reset pressure because 2b is 0 on block, or on hit... 2b 5c 6c tachi into your bnb. This string catches people expecting an overhead from that standing normal (5b), people guessing a pressure reset after the first 2b, people thinking you'll go 3c j.2c, and people preparing to backdash or something after 3c. In the kagura matchup, it isn't that good, because they'll usually be keeping their down charge to flashkick anything you'd do, but like 2b 3c RC dash 2b throw is kinda good.

Oh yeah, I dunno why he kept letting you get away with 5c 5d j.2c dash 2b as many times. It might be good once in a while, but j.2c at that range and that height puts you at a disadvantage.

Your combos could be a bit better. The damage difference isn't very big, but you'll get more corner carry. Start with these combos:

midscreen throw 2b 2c j.2c dash 2b 6a 6b 6c ~setup

midscreen 6b 6c tachi j.2c abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c jump back delay airdash j.b j.c j.2c dash 3c SoD

Also, your corner setups could be a bit better, check the video I posted or keba matches and copypaste.

On defense, don't forget about counterassault and DP RC. Definitely worth it.

Neutral... Kagura matchup is weird, don't know it well enough to give you advice.

Overall : huge improvement over the last time I saw your matches, keep it up!

----------------

mmmmight as well post up a few of my kinda recent matches. Critique if you want, they should also show some examples of what I'm talking about.

Some tournament matches (they're timestamped in the description) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Us0jPbujQ part 1 vs tsu, bang, kagura

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gzRurgYqU part 2 vs bang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIm2XTIcRg part 3 vs tsu

lots of casuals vs valk and rachel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrH6l9SmAsA

more scattered casual matches vs valk, rachel, relius, bang :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1GPgiRMqyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_4oZvuypco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPIiG3rd2M&t=13m27s

@Frost Monarch :

TLDR Version : To improve your neutral, play a lot, but try to learn from every match, and focus on fixing your mistakes.

Longer version :

An important aspect of improving neutral is having a plan. So about the izayoi matchup, for example, Mu gives her a really hard time if they try to play the fireball game, because you have many options to beat it. Lets say you both do something at the same time, she shoots a sonic saber, you press 5d. You see the sonic saber, so jump and avoid it, and you just won that exchange, because 5d will fire shortly after, and they have more recovery than you and gained nothing (besides putting you in the air, so don't do that if you're too close or they might try and tag you with that diagonal upwards slash). Similarly with 236a, if both projectiles meet each other, yours will destroy theirs and keep moving forward, giving you a clear advantage. However, if you were to say do 5d 2d instead, by the time you jump, you won't have enough time to avoid their projectile, so you'll have both your stein shots cancelled, and they'll gain a stock : your loss. (protip : if you jump too early, place a stein or airdash in the air to stay high enough to avoid their projectile)

So, knowing that the fireball game is in your favor, your objective at the start of the round, should be to position yourself so you can start this, meaning very far from them. Izayoi doesn't have the best tools to prevent you to do so, but she can still run up to you, so the first part of the neutral game should be to assess what you think your opponent will try to do :

-will he back off at the start of the round? great, that's what you want, don't need to chase him down.

-will he try to challenge you at the start of the round? counter by just creating enough space to start throwing projectiles.

-will he prevent you from running away for free by dashing forward? counter this by sticking some normals out, they are good at this. Alternatively, you could block and then try to escape pressure, blocking no stock izayoi isn't the scariest thing midscreen. Also, if you jumped back at the start and he ground dashed forward, airdash forward and you've created that gap you want.

Once you've created that space, some izayoi players will try the fireball game anyways. Either they don't know, or they want to test you, to see if you know how to deal with it. Keep it simple, play safe and show them they can't win it. If you do that correctly, they'll quickly realize that they need to try something else, and they'll try to get closer. The plan I mentioned above for beating her sonic sabers assumes there's enough distance between both characters, if you're too close, 5d jump won't allow you to escape... but it puts them at a range where your 5c is a threat to them. I feel like air to air, they'd have a hard time challenging j.c, but if they're higher than you, look out for air sonic saber. No real risk, just airdash back to avoid it and then you're at that range where you want to be.

So yeah, at this point, you're trying to prevent them from getting close, and your tools are good at that, compared to their tools for getting in. Of course, if you feel like they're respecting too much or see an opportunity, you could go in, it tends to happen eventually and you don't want to give up your chances. Even if in theory you could keep them out forever, or at least you have the advantage in the current situation, they could turn things around with a good read or a mistake on your part. So, while keeping them out and all, also keep your eyes open for chances to get in (whiffed normal, used up all their air options, etc.)

Like I said, this is mostly an example, but if you want to improve neutral, it's a good idea to know what your opponent's most likely options are, and how to counter them. It's also good to have a plan, it helps you be patient and take smart decisions. Once this is kind of clear in your mind, the next step would be to rewatch your matches and note the mistakes you do, and how to prevent them from happening. How I do this is I try to find the spots where I either blocked an attack that let my opponent start his pressure, or get hit. Then, I try to identify the mistake :

-Was there a button I could have pressed there? Would I need to anticipate it, or could I react? (ex: block a jump in, next time use an anti air)

-If not, stepping back how could I have avoided the situation? (ex: got hit by an anti air, should have avoided pressing a button there, airdash back instead if it's available)

-If it was just an execution mistake, is it something that tends to happen often? (ex: every time I try to DP this string I screw it up)

-Or did I just simply misjudge the opponent? Should I have known? Was the risk not worth it? If I couldn't have known, how should I test my opponents next time instead? (ex: he DP'd me out of my overhead, it was too predictable at that point, I need to vary it a bit more)

I find it quite hard to think of solutions mid-match, so I try to prepare them ahead of time, and step into training mode to reproduce the situations and see what happens, if I'm not sure. Note that I do this kind of rarely, and only when something really bugs me, usually just thinking is enough. Here's an example :

I lose to tager sometimes, because I try to anti-air their jump (or super jump) in with 6a, but get baited with j.2c. I wonder, is there a way to react to this? Go in training mode, set the dummy to random between jump forward j.b, and jump forward j.2c (each twice with different timings, so I don't rely on an unintentional cue, like the timing after pressing the replay button).

I then try to react well with 6a. Can't get it. Hmmm, maybe 2c? Doesn't work either. 5a? no luck. I don't need to test other ground normals, I know they won't help me here. Hm, wait tager can't do anything after he jumped, so maybe I can react to the jump instead, what can I do? airthrow! It's kind of risky, but if I know he's going for this, I doubt he's expecting me to airthrow him. Am I done here? nope. If I just rely on airthrow, he can just press a button early and hit me out, or wait for it and break it. What other, maybe safer options could I use? Well, I could backdash it, but that would give me some recovery and put me closer to the corner. Well... how about if I just run under him instead? Seems to work well, but only if I'm at the correct spacing. Alright, at this point I think I have enough options for now, I can adjust depending on what my read on him is, and what spacing to look for to avoid getting losing to his jump in.

...but wait didn't C0R say you just need to play a lot of matches? That made sense, right? And this is a lot of information, I bet I can't think of all this while playing. Well, all of that is correct. You prepare things ahead so you can focus on your opponent during the match, and have solutions ready for what he can throw at you. You have a plan, so that you know how to fix and adjust it, which makes it a lot easier to learn from your mistakes. So finally, it's very important to play a lot, but it's also important to make those games count, and try to learn something each time. Anyways, this came out kind of long, and there's probably a lot that you already know, but I dunno, I felt like typing it out, for once. It's also really incomplete, because there would be too much to say. The example of the matchup I used is really bad for izayoi imo, because Mu has so many answers, but it helped to explain my point (also, my experience is limited, I might be wrong). Other matchups, like Valkenhayn, for instance, you still have to find an objective, but he has a lot of tools that counter yours very well, so the answers really aren't as clear, and you need to adjust way more to your opponent himself.

Good luck!

-----------------------

@Susano :

your pressure strings are decent, you keep them pretty varied. However, they aren't "optimized", you're missing out on a lot of hitconfirms and mixup chances. Lots of times you go mid-mid-mid-mid (ex : 2a 6a 5b 2c) which while it does include a 2c frametrap at the end, it really doesn't encourage your opponent to mash there, and you're kinda just letting him get out. I do see you often use good strings, like the same thing but ending in 3c, or placing a 2b in there. It's like, half your strings are good, and half feel like a wasted opportunity to do a good one. I often see you tag them with a standing normal into 2b, as a nice overhead feint, but then no hitconfirm. One thing you could add would be jump cancel on normals, either into instant airdash pressure reset (ex: whatever 3c iad j.b j.a 2a etc.) or well to bait counterassault but I didn't see your opponents do any so against them it's not really an issue. Another tool you could add is crush trigger, if you want to add even more variety, but it isn't essential.

So like, an example would be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHfUj4ok5fY&t=15m45s where you do 2a 5b 5c 3c RC 5c. Because you can't gatling into an overhead from 5c, there isn't much mixup in that string, and you used 50 meter. Alternative strings could have been 2a 5b 2b 3c RC dash 2b, then if blocked whatever, you can try to reset pressure because 2b is 0 on block, or on hit... 2b 5c 6c tachi into your bnb. This string catches people expecting an overhead from that standing normal (5b), people guessing a pressure reset after the first 2b, people thinking you'll go 3c j.2c, and people preparing to backdash or something after 3c. In the kagura matchup, it isn't that good, because they'll usually be keeping their down charge to flashkick anything you'd do, but like 2b 3c RC dash 2b throw is kinda good.

Oh yeah, I dunno why he kept letting you get away with 5c 5d j.2c dash 2b as many times. It might be good once in a while, but j.2c at that range and that height puts you at a disadvantage.

Your combos could be a bit better. The damage difference isn't very big, but you'll get more corner carry. Start with these combos:

midscreen throw 2b 2c j.2c dash 2b 6a 6b 6c ~setup

midscreen 6b 6c tachi j.2c abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c jump back delay airdash j.b j.c j.2c dash 3c SoD

Also, your corner setups could be a bit better, check the video I posted or keba matches and copypaste.

On defense, don't forget about counterassault and DP RC. Definitely worth it.

Neutral... Kagura matchup is weird, don't know it well enough to give you advice.

Overall : huge improvement over the last time I saw your matches, keep it up!

----------------

mmmmight as well post up a few of my kinda recent matches. Critique if you want, they should also show some examples of what I'm talking about.

Some tournament matches (they're timestamped in the description) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Us0jPbujQ part 1 vs tsu, bang, kagura

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gzRurgYqU part 2 vs bang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIm2XTIcRg part 3 vs tsu

lots of casuals vs valk and rachel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrH6l9SmAsA

more scattered casual matches vs valk, rachel, relius, bang :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1GPgiRMqyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_4oZvuypco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPIiG3rd2M&t=13m27s

Yeah, I've been watching Keba videos lately and I'm practicing his corner combos these days. But either way I'll keep working on the corner stuff.

I can't seem to do the 3c variation of the midscreen combos so I've been doing the more simplier stuff. I'll definitely work on my midscreen throw combos though.

Mmm the trick to the 3c one is to dash and press it really early, so you slide into the range. It takes a bit more work, I still practice it a few times when I go in training mode to practice other things.

If you can't do the j.2c 3c stuff, try this one :

6b 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c dash 2b 2c sj.c j.b j.c j.2c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNiqObUMujE

I use it generally when I'm too far from the corner to do an actual corner combo, but close enough that I'm not sure the others will work right. However, it only works if there are very few hits before 6c, so like, use it after 6b 6c etc or 5c CH 6c etc. For other stuff, do what you currently do, or you could go test it out yourself in training mode. Oh yeah and it doesn't work on Kokonoe in this version, maybe in the next one...

Mmm the trick to the 3c one is to dash and press it really early, so you slide into the range. It takes a bit more work, I still practice it a few times when I go in training mode to practice other things.

If you can't do the j.2c 3c stuff, try this one :

6b 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c dash 2b 2c sj.c j.b j.c j.2c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNiqObUMujE

I use it generally when I'm too far from the corner to do an actual corner combo, but close enough that I'm not sure the others will work right. However, it only works if there are very few hits before 6c, so like, use it after 6b 6c etc or 5c CH 6c etc. For other stuff, do what you currently do, or you could go test it out yourself in training mode. Oh yeah and it doesn't work on Kokonoe in this version, maybe in the next one...

Okay, I'll work on the super jump version.

And what da heck, it doesn't work on Kokonoe?! Meh, that woman...I swear.

Welp, back to that ye old training mode today.

You were lucky to get away with 2a, 5b or 6a> 6b because i have seen noel players simply throw out 4d to beat the overhead

Also you were lucky that the Noel player didn't challenge Mu's 5c with either her own 5c (extended hurtbox of Mu's 5c will easily result in big CH combo's if you misspace your 5c) or 3c (to low profile predictable 5c) or 4d (and usually into assault through to make the whiffed 4d safe)

Mu's 2b should beat Noel's 3c since it's alot faster. It's probably safer tryin to stagger pressure Noel with 2b, since Noel's 2d has been "nerfed" compared to extend's 2d.  While 6b is not the most reliable mixup because of Noel's 4d, you can beat beat 4d mashy noels with j.2c in blockstrings like like 5b or 6a

2B, stagger pressure fishing for 5B counter hits is amazing. If you get CH 5B you can 6B into combo.
Also against noel, if she ever does her Thor, you should be able to dash 6C FC punish it, only exception is if you're dumb like me and had a stein out that hits her before she falls and then she gets to dash fatal 4D you in the face.

Yo, Dora's going to be at NEC, figured I might have to face him at some point this weekend, so I was looking at my match against him from evo, to try and see what I should fix. Think I did a bit better in the second match, but still not enough. (note that I injured my left index a few days before, so was using a weird layout, but result would have been similar imo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHalBZzgMI#t=8527

So real quick what I got from that is that my go-to plan against bang has a lot of airthrows and j.2c, but he was really good at countering or avoiding them, so I should be way more careful with them. Should probably jump less at neutral, or at least delay them a bit, so I'm not always above him, where j.c is weak. I should probably disrespect him at least a bit more in pressure, more buttons/reversals/jumping, less backdashes, he seems to use dashing + normals really well to cover that option. Not sure about how I should use IB/barrier, was trying to focus on reacting to overheads. Also, need to be more careful of poison nails heh. Any other advice?

Untill Bang runs out of nails, i try to avoid approaching him in the air at all. Chasing him is near impossible because he can throw a nail at you if you airdash towards him. Most of the time he is above Mu because of his higher jumps than Mu's jump unless you are constantly superjumping, thus making j.c useless. And Mu's jump in's without steins are sometimes so bad that he can even anti-air Mu with his 5a or 5b

J.2c and j.b (because of it's faster speed due to Bang's double airdash mobility) look more effective than j.c in this match , although j.c is still good when jumping backwards

I prefer playing more defensive vs Bang but Dora is very good at pressuring, so i am not sure if that is a good idea