Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xechs

ASW announces Japanese release of BloodRayne: Betrayal

Today we published a teaser website of a new mysterious game. It includes the date 2014/4/23 and the name “BCRS. There’s the picture of a beautiful lady displayed in the middle of the black background! What the hell do those elements mean? Will the deepening mystery be cleared in a follow-up?  Stay tuned.

Teaser site:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/brcs/#nnn

The game will be revealed on April 23, I'll update first post with any new info.

Update: Well, is just the announcement of the Japanese localization of Betrayal but renamed as "BloodRayne: Crimson Slayer" and will be available on PS3 in Japan on May 1.

Promotional movie:

That is definitely Rayne in that teaser picture but I'm confused here. Arcsys working on a BloodRayne game? They can't be serious.

ugh

Ugh

UGH!!!!!!

Just when I was starting to feel ennui with ARC they find a way to pull me back in, if this is anything like a spiritual successor to BloodRayne: Betrayal done by the same team that did Hard Corps: Uprising then I will playing the ever loving essence out of this game. Though I have to wonder why WayForward was skipped over if that was the case as WayForward did so much for making the franchise relevant again....also if that image is ARC's design for Rayne then we're going BACKWARDS and that makes me annoyed.... No offense but I don't want the Japanese....well....Japanese'ing up a character that already has 2 over sexual portrayals with laughable narratives.

Guess we'll find out in a week . . .

I'm amazed Majesco is still around, and that they can afford to recruit a prestigious developer like ASW that's already tied up with multiple projects of its own. They mostly publish casual/kids' cartoon license/fitness games now. They do have a Dark Souls ripoff (Bound by Flame) coming out though.

Not a fan of the Bloodrayne series, but I won't knock this until I see it. I wasn't too thrilled with Hard Corps Uprising, though.

I'm amazed Majesco is still around, and that they can afford to recruit a prestigious developer like ASW that's already tied up with multiple projects of its own. They mostly publish casual/kids' cartoon license/fitness games now. They do have a Dark Souls ripoff (Bound by Flame) coming out though.

Not a fan of the Bloodrayne series, but I won't knock this until I see it. I wasn't too thrilled with Hard Corps Uprising, though.

1. Nothing about the game, including whether or not it's a Bloodrayne title, has been confirmed.

2. ASW is hardly prestigious. They're a mid-sized Japanese company with niche sales. It's unlikely an American company like Majesco has even heard of them.

1. Nothing about the game, including whether or not it's a Bloodrayne title, has been confirmed.

2. ASW is hardly prestigious. They're a mid-sized Japanese company with niche sales. It's unlikely an American company like Majesco has even heard of them.

Didn't Majesco publish GGXX#R for the Xbox back in the day?

It's confirmed because the Bloodrayne logo is clearly visible on her necklace. There's no mistaking who this character is.

ArcSys is definitely prestigious by the standards of a low-tier publisher like Majesco. I guess this is happening because Majesco already has a relationship with them from #Reload Xbox.

Looking at the teaser site I'm pretty sure Kato's in the team. Anyway excited for a new Arc game.

bloodraynecontinuumshift

A BloodRayne game by ASW? Not sure if want. Then again, they have been trying to expand their name to more than just Guilty Gear and BlazBlue with that mecha-action game and now this, so call me "intrigued".

False alarm

This isn't a "new" game at all. ARC is just publishing Betrayal for Japan . . . [why they tried to thorw me off with new -shitty- Rayne design in the promo teaser is beyond me . . .]

Oh, and for those wondering, "CR" stands for Crimson Rebellion.

Nigga please, is damn obvious that is a BloodRayne game

So Betrayal is finally getting a JPN release nearly three years after its US one? I wonder what turn of events prompted this.

Looks like they aren't bothering with the 360 version.