Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keech

[CP] Makoto vs Tager

Low tier fight can discuss here. 

Bait spark bolt: run at max distance from taiga, and press 4 and 6 for walking back and forth. If he not very patience-he shoots with his spark blob. On max distance you can: OD(whiff SB) 214a delay D, 5b,6c, 214a~c~236d~

Enjoy discuss.

Alright here are some of the notes I have on this matchup:

1.) Use Asteroid Vision in blockstrings to avoid 360s - You don't really have any safe ways to end blockstrings vs Tager. Lots of your attacks have holes in between them or leave you sitting next to Tager while being slightly negative. C Asteroid Vision into Lightning Arrow or j.C can work here (the j.C can also cross Tager up). After the Tager starts to expect j.C or LA, then you can frame trap with Lunatic Upper to catch his 2C/Collider attempts.

2.) Watch out for Tager's approaches - If you're trying to space him out and whiff punish, aggressive Tagers have a few ways to try and get in on you. If they catch you off guard with one of these, you're gonna have a bad time.

1. Superjump > j.C > j.B: A simple anti air 6A will beat this approach if your timing's right, but you have to watch out because...

2. Superjump > j.C > j.2C: Tager can bait anti airs with this move and go into a pretty damaging combo + Magnetism. Using 9 > j.B as an anti air can beat approach 1 and 2, but the timing is tougher.

3. Sledge Hammer: If you block Sledge, Tager will either try to start pressure with 5A/360 or cancel into the followup to frametrap you. You can make Sledge miss and then punish or you can counterpoke him first (be careful not to get counter hit though lol).

4. 2D: It's the headbutt charge move. You can jump over this and j.C him if you react fast enough. However, if you normal block this move Tager has the frame advantage, so trying to instinctively mash 2A will just make you eat a 3k combo.

3.) Don't get Magnetized - Obvious Tager advice here, but try not to get Magnetized. Neutral and defense become way harder when magnetized. Always keep an eye on Tager's Spark Bolt meter when in neutral. I haven't tested out Keech's advice yet, but you can also try to jump over Sparkbolt if you think it's coming.

4.) Risky advice here but...3C can beat some of Tager's pokes (especially if you are magnetized). Try to use proper yomi when doing this though because getting CH by Tager can hurt.

4.) Risky advice here but...3C can beat some of Tager's pokes (especially if you are magnetized). Try to use proper yomi when doing this though because getting CH by Tager can hurt.

It beats Tager's 6A about 98% of the time. You can actually react to the 6A at neutral while magnetized and get a free punish. There were a few other things I've seen it beat, but I'll have to note them the next time I fight a Tager with Makoto.

Another thing I recently found out is that you can punish Tager's 5D whiff with Makoto's lvl3 5D. If the Tager likes to space you out with 5D you can send him to the corner easily with this.

Everything else I tried to use against Tager's 5D was inconsistent....I would either:

A.) Run into/get hit by his 5D's active frames or...

B.) Whiff through a backdash/360

Makoto's 5D pulls back then lunges forward really quickly, allowing you to tag Tager's arm while he's still in the recovery of his 5D. Don't try this when magnetized though....or he'll just pull you into 5D for a counterhit.

-Use 5A

-Use 5A

-Use 5A

5A was meant to fix your match up with Tager into something more fair, use it. 

-5D is viable in neutral because Tager can't punish it

-3C beats 5C/5D/6A, thats a good amount of stuff, pretty viable option in here

-Your 6A hits pretty high which makes it strong vs his j.2C because the distance required for you to call out 6A safely without being baited would be higher than other anti airs

-5B lost its jumpcancel and 214C > j.A > jump no longer works, so keep your strings at A and 2B level if you want it safe, 5A > instant air dash back.

-Abuse his height, j.CC is pretty strong in this match up duh.