brett_

[FB] EXVSFB Wiki Project

ooo addendum: I noticed last night that another difference between our pages is BK will write out the Assault Burst bonuses, and then a couple sentences under it about how its best used with the suit, and then do Blast bonuses and a couple sentences. Comparatively I just wrote the bonuses together and a short section discussing both at once. Should I go back and separate mine in that style? Is it more aesthetically appealing?

Can we revisit the topic of having sub-entries for moveset details? I haven't done so yet because pretty much all the suits I've worked on so far have had mode changes (Unicorn, Strike, etc) and I used the sub-entries to separate same content between the two modes and at the same time reduce overall content clutter (especially in the case of Strike).

But looking at BK's Ez8 now (where previously his pages haven't involved equipment/mode changes, and so we just by nature fundamentally employed sub-entries differently), he employs sub-sub-entries.

I'm happy to do it either way, I'd just like comments on which way we want to do it so it all looks the same :)

ooo addendum: I noticed last night that another difference between our pages is BK will write out the Assault Burst bonuses, and then a couple sentences under it about how its best used with the suit, and then do Blast bonuses and a couple sentences. Comparatively I just wrote the bonuses together and a short section discussing both at once. Should I go back and separate mine in that style? Is it more aesthetically appealing?

The reason Ez8 is like that is because the JP wiki did it like that, which seemed fine to me in terms of formatting/readability.  Your Unicorn page looks great too, and is perfectly fine in terms of formatting too.

I feel like we're kind of overcomplicating this.  I personally don't think we need precisely the same formatting, so long as the page is readable.  The JP wiki itself isn't 100% consistent since multiple people work on various pages, so some suits have sections ordered differently, or even missing altogether, etc. (this was the case with the 00 JP wiki page, which I've partially done but haven't completed).

Looking at your pages, there are obvious differences to mine, but I can understand your pages just as easily as my own.  It's not like we're a professional group or anything (I'm actually like the complete opposite thanks to my non-knowledge of Japanese lol) so if we wanna consolidate then we can just PM each other for opinions since we're the only 2 actively updating the pages atm.

Anyways, gonna hit the sack, but I'll reply tomorrow if there's any other concerns.

for images, please follow the naming conventions laid out in the rest of hte wiki

for example, an image of Ragna's 5A in BBCP would be named BBCP_Ragna_5A.png

since there seems to be only one image per page, just go with EXVSFB_Name.png/jpg

Will do, I'll name them such from now on.  Should I rename the ones I've uploaded already?

yes, please do. i've renamed a handful of them, but i doubt i touched all of them.

yes, please do. i've renamed a handful of them, but i doubt i touched all of them.

Will do!

Last minute before bed, I dunno who started it, but does anyone mind if I commandeer the Strike Freedom page?  It hasn't been touched in a whole month, but just in case...

And a quick translation question.

This is an attribute that appears in some melees, haven't been able to identify it yet: ふっ飛ばしダウン

Thanks in advance!

Is there anything that needs immediate attention or is everyone going at their own pace?

Everyone's just kind of doing their own thing, it's not like we're coordinating or anything :P

If you wanna do a page for a unit you like in particular, feel free, though try to put in a few hours and commit.  As it is, every page but mine and akai_GO's are all pretty much empty.

I've had all the site cards for awhile now, but that's a pretty great way to utilize them burgerkong. Here's a complete batch of all of them with the proper name format. Excuse me if there's any misspellings =)

Gundam EXVSFB Site Card Batch: https://mega.co.nz/#!lNcERBLL!OWif3jEmYIkz_6krYNk29RO-Fcp_Pf6Ck89bgrZ2NKM

If people are looking for stuff to work on, the system explanation section is entirely bare right now.

If you don't know how to write system explanations check out the explanations for other games on the wiki and check out this link too

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Writing_System_Explanations

Sent from my phone

There are 2 pages on the wiki that detail what all the Japanese terms mean.

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/157.html Weapons Glossary

and http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/158.html Names/Nicknames (this one is slightly less useful because 50% of it is Japanese jokes about the unit names, but the top half is quite handy for common term names)

I've translated one of them and was planning to do the other one-- these are not going to be particularly useful to people who want to just play the game, but for anyone trying to translate the Japanese stuff it will be useful. It goes over some of the weird/joke terms you might see floating around the wiki as well as common terms like followup/startup that have unintuitive Japanese counterparts (I think this was mentioned)

I think there was some discussion in this topic or another one about what the Japanese terms are supposed to mean, so hopefully this will be helpful to anyone translating. I need to edit it a bit and then I'll post the first one soon.

My apologies for not contributing much over the past couple weeks, I've been busy with other translation work which drained my enthusiasm for translating the wiki. Nu's tactics are basically done and I'm just going to chip away at other pages that are complete or near-complete on the wiki, starting with F91.

For stuff to work on as far as translating, if anyone is interested, there are unit counter-strategies by cost class for each unit: 

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/118.html 3000

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/119.html 2500

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/120.html 2000 

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/121.html 1000

I plan to get around to these myself but if anyone wants to translate a unit they really hate fighting, knocking even one unit off the massive list of to-do is a big help!

ooo that's a nice find and good page to translate adn, the weapons and terminology glossaries!! I was asking I guess a couple of weeks ago if it was desired to add those combat attribute terms to the terminology list and use them in the English wiki or not.

Question: is it...possible somehow to like, just embed an Excel table...? I made a couple of melee route tables for Unicorn's NT-D and Quanta's 5B and 4/6B derivation routes in Excel because it gave me a little more freedom than the standard wiki table format, and then uploaded it to Google docs. If it's not possible I'll just hotlink to the Google docs, but I was just wondering.

Hey guys,

So I asked Kirin about this and he said ok but to post here: although I kinda abhor seeing wiki pages get started and abandoned, tonight I want to set up skeletons for all the pages that are currently done in Burgerkong's Google docs threads. Maybe someone will transpose over the already translated data, or maybe one of us will go back and do it later. But more importantly, I want to be able to see red links in the wiki navbar to see clearly "which suits have had ZERO translation done for them?" to better spend my time getting information translated.

Besides the skeletons, I'll post the links to that people can access for when they click on a blue link expecting to find some kind of information there.

Is this...ok with you other higher ups?

Yes, this seems fine. I know I originally meant to create a page where people could see what's being worked on or not, but I haven't found the time to do that yet. 

In any case, akai_GO's suggestion actually makes more sense, indicating on the actual page, rather than having to make a page just for that. 

I think it's a better idea to change the name of each suit to something like Hambrabi [unedited] or [Empty] or whatever description fits best for anything that hasn't been touched yet, or maybe [WIP] for ones that are indeed WIP. I think it's better than coloring because colors are harder to see and aren't informative unless you've read this thread, whereas anyone can tell when a wiki page is currently empty. 

Also the colors may be misunderstood as the colors for previously clicked links etc. Remember that changing the text on the index does not affect the actual LINK to the appropriate page, similarly to how it says Dragon instead of Dragon Gundam etc

Ok, so a couple of things.

First, and most importantly, I finally got around to trying out the excel-to-wiki thing brett posted and HOLY SHIT is it super convenient.  Saves SO much time to just dd the combos in excel and then transfer them after.

That being said, the table formatting is a little different, and I currently don't know how to center the contents of the table yet (my attempt just had the table itself center lol), so if anyone knows how to do that I would be greatly appreciated.

I would appreciate some feedback on these tables, since they are different from the previous ones visually, but they're functionally the same.

Secondly, with this revelation, I've posted Turn X's combos, and it's so much faster now :)

Thirdly, I've started adding (?) indicators for stuff I completely fail to translate or paraphrase, so if anyone JP-fluent could help with those, please do so! :(

Thirdly, I've started adding (?) indicators for stuff I completely fail to translate or paraphrase, so if anyone JP-fluent could help with those, please do so! :(

What are said indicators? I usually comb through other pages to do formatting and will keep an eye out for them.

What are said indicators? I usually comb through other pages to do formatting and will keep an eye out for them.

Thanks akai, in terms of Turn X it's just a (?) with regards to the attribute on his 2B melee set.

It should be easy to find if you just Ctrl+F "(?)", did that intentionally :3

So, I like that people have been writing (WIP) on stuff, but can someone change the links for unedited pages to [Empty] or [blank] or something, instead of making them red. That's more important than all this (WIP) crap that's been around. I also suggest brackets for [WIP] instead of parenthesis to avoid confusion with suits that already use it like Wing Zero (Quatre)

So, I like that people have been writing (WIP) on stuff, but can someone change the links for unedited pages to [Empty] or [blank] or something, instead of making them red. That's more important than all this (WIP) crap that's been around. I also suggest brackets for [WIP] instead of parenthesis to avoid confusion with suits that already use it like Wing Zero (Quatre)

Will do. I used () instead of [] initially because I was just worried the brackets would do something wacky to the links since they're all in brackets.

I put (*WIP*) on a couple of them indicating that someone started it but there is NO other English translation anywhere, so prioritize finishing those first.

Added Master.  Thank god for copy+paste charts man...

There's a couple of (?) translations that I need help with, so if anyone could help with these I'd greatly appreciate it!  (Just Ctrl+F "(?)" and it'll show all the things I have no clue what to do with)

Went through and did some of the untranslated stuff. Just some quickie explanations: For Turn X ふっ飛ばし is 吹っ飛ばし which is fighting game terminology for an attack that blows your opponent away. 吹っ飛ばしダウン in this case means it blows them away and downs them. I'm working on the terms list right now and I'll probably go ahead and add this. 

Master's were a little bit weirder. "Grandpa's pajamas" is just about the best term I've heard for a phenomenon in this game, and it's explained in more detail here 

http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamerobo/1352531105/608

Basically, because of the increase in down value on his 5sub sometimes it will do no damage to the enemy if they have almost no down value remaining, but it will still wrap them in the pink cloth. For some reason this is called "grandpa's pajamas".

For the second one with the nonsense about ハエコン, ハエ is just a popular name for his chibi-master summon + abbv. for "combo", so just combos involving his summons. The sentence just seems to imply that his chibi-masters worked differently in previous GvG installments and they're just used differently in EXVS. I don't know how they worked in older GvG games but they seem to imply that they had better homing abilities if the opponent moved.

Third one for master, 電影弾 is just abbv. for the green tornado-y attack (2BC)

Big thanks to whoever is going through and creating all the skeleton pages btw.

Went through and did some of the untranslated stuff. Just some quickie explanations: For Turn X ふっ飛ばし is 吹っ飛ばし which is fighting game terminology for an attack that blows your opponent away. 吹っ飛ばしダウン in this case means it blows them away and downs them. I'm working on the terms list right now and I'll probably go ahead and add this. 

Master's were a little bit weirder. "Grandpa's pajamas" is just about the best term I've heard for a phenomenon in this game, and it's explained in more detail here 

http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamerobo/1352531105/608

Basically, because of the increase in down value on his 5sub sometimes it will do no damage to the enemy if they have almost no down value remaining, but it will still wrap them in the pink cloth. For some reason this is called "grandpa's pajamas".

For the second one with the nonsense about ハエコン, ハエ is just a popular name for his chibi-master summon + abbv. for "combo", so just combos involving his summons. The sentence just seems to imply that his chibi-masters worked differently in previous GvG installments and they're just used differently in EXVS. I don't know how they worked in older GvG games but they seem to imply that they had better homing abilities if the opponent moved.

Third one for master, 電影弾 is just abbv. for the green tornado-y attack (2BC)

Big thanks to whoever is going through and creating all the skeleton pages btw.

Thanks adn, appreciate it!

And you'll have to thank akai for that, he's been doing the skeleton pages.

If you're planning on doing more editing in the future, feel free to ask shtkn for an account on the wiki, so that you don't have to constantly do those captchas :P

hae is just the jp word for a fly btw. just a basic nickname for the master babies. ハエコン (haekon) does refer to combos that use his AC, but they more specifically usually reference his EXVS vanilla guaranteed reset combos using it. For those of you who dont know, once master's AC lands on the opponent, it stays there, and master can re-input AC to recall the baby and stun the opponent. In EXVS Vanilla, the babies stayed on the opponent for 3.5 seconds once latched on. The down value counter resets at 3 seconds, so the basic principle was to combo into AC without downing them, wait 3 seconds, then stun them with AC and then do a full combo. The general principle was combo into a stunning move (Darkness Shot, various melee strings), step and AC, then neutral Sub (babies hit after the sub and you fall there, then reset).

The previous versions before EXVS vanilla also had AC combos, but they generally involved OTG'ing them with a baby latch, which isn't nearly as effective. 

Unfortunately babies don't stay on the body for longer than the down value reset timer, so you cant reset them this way. You can still do OTG baby into meaty stun as they get up, but you can simply late-tech so the babies wont be on you (though it does for you to late tech against master, which isn't a good situation either :P).