brett_

[FB] EXVSFB Wiki Project

hae is just the jp word for a fly btw. just a basic nickname for the master babies. ハエコン (haekon) does refer to combos that use his AC, but they more specifically usually reference his EXVS vanilla guaranteed reset combos using it. For those of you who dont know, once master's AC lands on the opponent, it stays there, and master can re-input AC to recall the baby and stun the opponent. In EXVS Vanilla, the babies stayed on the opponent for 3.5 seconds once latched on. The down value counter resets at 3 seconds, so the basic principle was to combo into AC without downing them, wait 3 seconds, then stun them with AC and then do a full combo. The general principle was combo into a stunning move (Darkness Shot, various melee strings), step and AC, then neutral Sub (babies hit after the sub and you fall there, then reset).

The previous versions before EXVS vanilla also had AC combos, but they generally involved OTG'ing them with a baby latch, which isn't nearly as effective. 

Unfortunately babies don't stay on the body for longer than the down value reset timer, so you cant reset them this way. You can still do OTG baby into meaty stun as they get up, but you can simply late-tech so the babies wont be on you (though it does for you to late tech against master, which isn't a good situation either :P).

Ah ic, I was not a very good Master player in Vanilla so definitely did not know about this.  I can also see why they removed it from Full Boost :P

This "(?)" system seems to be working out well for things I don't understand, so hopefully you guys can help me out with this stuff.  I'm gonna do X-Divider, but it's looking like there's a lot of shit I fail to comprehend on his page :(

I've seen this all over the place and have been wondering for a while now, what does 地上撃ち mean in the context of this game?? I get the feeling that it might be a carryover mechanic/term from a previous iteration of GvG that is now a core thing in the game.

Addendum: I come across the term 足を止めて pretty often too.

I've seen this all over the place and have been wondering for a while now, what does 地上撃ち mean in the context of this game?? I get the feeling that it might be a carryover mechanic/term from a previous iteration of GvG that is now a core thing in the game.

地上撃ち: I'd need to see the context, but it my guess is it refers to firing while actually standing on the ground, like how if you perform Virsago's AC while grounded you actually don't consume any boost. 

足を止める: Basically vernier - anything that stops you in place basically.

Appears in wiki terms list,

地上撃ち

地上で静止した状態で撃つこと。振り向き撃ちや足の止まる射撃(静止撃ち)は地上で撃つとブースト消費がない(使用後に浮いてしまうタイプを除く)。

Just means firing while stationary on the ground like Brett said, and consumes no boost. I need to hurry up and finish this terms thing because I feel like it will answer a lot of questions, it's just there's quite a lot of them lol. 

Sorry for the weeks of nothing, here's 3 wiki pages to compensate:

Duel

Berga

Gaia

IIRC Duel was pretty simple, but Berga & Gaia have a few things that I need help on (Burst Attack names and some other miscellaneous stuff :P).

Requesting feedback on what 山なりに (投げる軌道上) is saying...it's used a couple of places in Gundam's wiki talking about the trajectory of javelin and something else I can't remember off the top of my head...

I have just a couple of odd phrases to wrap up and Gundam is done. Moving on to Red Frame next.

I believe it just means in a parabola / arc. It's usually used to describe the path of those kinds of moves.

Please remember to supply an actual sentence for context or link to an example, because I often end up just having to search the wiki for the phrase in question to double check lol.

Got LaGOWE started up. Aiming to crank out 1 page per week... most of the basic unit info is about the same in length, but tactics pages vary massively in length so it really depends. (Xi is one paragraph, several units have an entire separate page, etc)

Went through and fixed up the stuff on Berga/Gaia. 死ぬのは嫌 is awkward to translate directly so I just put it as "I don't wanna die!" which sounds nicer in English than the direct translation from Japanese. I think Berga's burst attack name might be a direct quote from F91 but I'm not sure where from.

About 与ダメ in Berga, it's short for 与ダメージ and it's explained here http://netyougo.com/on/9141.html. It's a common term in online games and just means "damage given". The antonym is 被ダメージ "damage taken"  

出しきり is weirder, it generally means "to use up" but in EXVS context it appears to be used with reference to a melee combo endpoint. Could be wrong, if somebody has a better idea feel free to correct.

なぎ払われて is 薙ぎ払われて which means to be mowed down. 

Got LaGOWE started up. Aiming to crank out 1 page per week... most of the basic unit info is about the same in length, but tactics pages vary massively in length so it really depends. (Xi is one paragraph, several units have an entire separate page, etc)

Went through and fixed up the stuff on Berga/Gaia. 死ぬのは嫌 is awkward to translate directly so I just put it as "I don't wanna die!" which sounds nicer in English than the direct translation from Japanese. I think Berga's burst attack name might be a direct quote from F91 but I'm not sure where from.

About 与ダメ in Berga, it's short for 与ダメージ and it's explained here http://netyougo.com/on/9141.html. It's a common term in online games and just means "damage given". The antonym is 被ダメージ "damage taken"  

出しきり is weirder, it generally means "to use up" but in EXVS context it appears to be used with reference to a melee combo endpoint. Could be wrong, if somebody has a better idea feel free to correct.

なぎ払われて is 薙ぎ払われて which means to be mowed down. 

Thanks adn!

BTW, if you guys want to reserve pages, feel free to do so here or by noting it on the Navbar.

I'm gonna reserve GX Divider, Banshee, & Xi for now, though there's quite a bit of stuff on that one that I'll need help with :(

Banshee has an entirely separate and gigantic page devoted entirely to her NT-D mode so I will be glad to help out with it if you need any. I am probably gonna crank through LaGOWE and then probably work on Ksha or X2. Looks like Ksha is nearly done already, just needs to have her stuff transposed and then tactics added etc.

Assuming I can get through LaGOWE I'll probably also add the translation terms page this week as well. Got it mostly where I want it, just need to format it etc.

If I'm being honest I'm mostly working on units I'd like to see translated before moving on to other stuff; after that's done, if there is a particular unit that a lot of people would like to see translated I'll be glad to pick up that one. Otherwise, progress will just be transposing units that already have their stuff done and then just kind of moving down the list on the JP wiki.

On top of that I'd still like to do the unit counterstrategy pages, but it's low priority because it's basically several pages of extremely dense countermeasure plans for each unit. Additionally, they have some interesting beginner guide stuff in there, I think 90% of it is already covered by Brett's guide but they have some nice tables on cost class combinations that might be worth pulling out.

I was trying a couple of days ago - do collapsable boxes/menus not function of the dustloop wiki? I tried using TOW's

{| class="wikitable collapsible"
! Title
|-
| Content
|}

{| class="wikitable collapsible collapsed"

{| class="wikitable collapsible autocollapse"

All of them just gave me a standard box with no collapsable element...

Beyond that, I agree that the unit counter-strategy pages, or even more the cost-tier counter-strategy pages could be a nice addition, but feel like it's really low on the ladder compared to getting suit pages done. Moreover, it's something I feel like some of our higher level players could probably just write without translating the page, and maybe go back and add one or two things that might have been left out from the JP wiki.

The only other thing - and I've asked about this before - that stands out to me as something that should maybe really be added to the system explanation pages is a translated list of all the different Downs (non-umeki recoverable, dust-kickup) and attack effects the JP wiki uses and what they actually mean for gameplay, so that we can uniformly add those terms into the English wiki pages.

Oh, and I guess just to say it: I'm still spending my time going through suits that have 0 translating done for them (red/blank links). Once all of those are done is when I'll start working on transposing pages and/or wide formatting.

The only other thing - and I've asked about this before - that stands out to me as something that should maybe really be added to the system explanation pages is a translated list of all the different Downs (non-umeki recoverable, dust-kickup) and attack effects the JP wiki uses and what they actually mean for gameplay, so that we can uniformly add those terms into the English wiki pages.

All of those are covered in this page http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/158.html just a little ways down they cover all the various downs. These will be part of the translation terms list page, but I think we can definitely throw them and other important terms like amekyan etc. into the system explanation page.

And yeah 100% agreement on the more skilled players here probably being able to straight up write the counterstrategy pages. Right now honestly the #1 priority is getting suit pages TLed, for sure.

I didn't do the entire list, but I went through the JP wiki's glossary and shorthand pages and translated a lot of the common terms that have either irregular, unclear, or misleading direct translations. Myself included, please use this alongside your translation work to avoid the confusion many of these terms can bring :)

If there's something you've run across a few times and don't understand it and it's not on this list, let me know and I'll get it added.

Also: a number of the terms (like, braking and brake canceling for example) I didn't put details because they are things that should be in the gameplay/system explanation pages. This is just for helping with some of the more unclear JP wiki terms.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Japanese_Wiki_Terms

I apologize for my lack of activity on this. I translate stuff for a living so also translating this stuff on the side is a little draining but I've been chipping away at it. Raphael's tactics are halfway done (already on the wiki) and I'm going to go back and do LaGOWE after that. I'm just going to go through and crank through tactics sections like I had initially planned, because these seem the most useful for overall unit gameplans for people who are curious what to do with a unit. 

One fun thing that might be nice for the pages is the unique unit responses that units have. By that I mean what you can see here http://www41.atwiki.jp/gundam-vs-gnsk/pages/771.html where Angelo has unique responses when paired with/against certain units.

Obviously this has less priority than actual game data, but these are relatively quick and easy to translate, and there aren't many of them. I get a lot of questions on Twitter about these special dialogues and I figure there are plenty of other people wondering what the characters are saying to each other as well, so it might be nice to have these on the wiki as well.

Raph's tactics are up. Will probably touch them up and fill out the rest of his page eventually.

Is burgerkong still around? I'm moving onto finishing up LaGOWE next, and after that Kshatriya. I was interested in Banshee, but he was working on Banshee so I dunno if he already had some of it finished or what. Looks like akai_GO already TLed basically everything from Banshee's page except for the tactics, which is what I would do.

Looks like akai_GO already TLed basically everything from Banshee's page except for the tactics, which is what I would do.

I didn't do the writeup on the properties of the moves either, but honestly, I've been getting more and more simplistic in that section recently, and basically just scan through the descriptions looking for "startup", "priority" and if there's any really particular note about it...

Also I want to say

a) I think adding the unique dialogue is a fun idea. Yeah, not high priority, but it is a pretty simple thing to do compared to translating other stuff from the JP wiki pages.

b) I want to add to the initial info sections the red lock ranges of the suits, and also maybe whether they are first/second/whatever tier in health since I have now compiled all that information.

c) Where would be considered the best place to put that data on the wiki page? Should there be a new page made altogether?

d) While I have the red lock range table translated, I'd really like for some feedback on is there a way to make it like the JP page using the wiki formatting options instead of me just constructing an image out of Excel that I have it in now. We certainly don't know how much more DLC is going to be added in the lifespan of the game, but this is something simple enough that I'd like to make it so that all we have to do is add a name to the table instead of me update a picture image every time it happens...the health distributions though, I don't care, whatever. There's just no good way that I know of to do it besides screenshot the table from Excel and upload.

LaGOWE is about half done (hasn't been put up on wiki yet) should be done by the end of this week then it's Ksha->Banshee or Turn A depending on whether anyone else would prefer to translate Banshee's tactics

Started doing Rozen Zulu's unit responses on a whim, will probably finish them up later. Decided to organize it by unit rather than by response type.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rozen_Zulu_(EXVSFB)

As for the redlock table it might be impossible honestly. I too wanted to copy the JP wiki's table style verbatim because it looks so nice but I think it's some kind of feature of their wiki software, I wasn't able to duplicate it using the wiki we're using. Might just have to do the excel table and reorganize it a bit

Probably best to just make a redlock range table page like the JP wiki has and link to it in the bottom bar. That's probably going to be easier than editing EVERY single unit page to put in just the redlock data. I also think it's easier to understand the redlock comparatively between units rather than as just a number isolated from context

Probably best to just make a redlock range table page like the JP wiki has and link to it in the bottom bar. That's probably going to be easier than editing EVERY single unit page to put in just the redlock data. I also think it's easier to understand the redlock comparatively between units rather than as just a number isolated from context

Oh certainly, my real intention was to do both lol. Put the number on the suit's page and immediately next to it link to wherever we put the table comparing all the suits.

Oops I accidentally did all of Raphael's unique responses (mostly cause there weren't too many of them)

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Raphael_Gundam_(EXVSFB)

And I'll go ahead and link the source locations for all these. Here's the database of Full Boost characters (this includes navigators)

http://www41.atwiki.jp/gundam-vs-gnsk/pages/615.html

And here is the database of Maxi Boost ones.

http://www41.atwiki.jp/gundam-vs-gnsk/pages/815.html

These are updated very quickly (they already have all of the new DLC suits' full quote lists in)

First of all, apologies for being away so long.

I wrote the MCAT in the middle of August, so I was cramming for that, and subsequently went on a week-long cruise in Florida (I live in Canada), so had no internet connection.

And unfortunately, university life seems to be leaving me little time to update the wiki either, so I apologize for that.

That being said, I do have the suits I said I would do done, BUT they're on a Google Doc since I find it easier to format there and then transfer.

Again, sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, but if anyone could transcribe it to the wiki, I would be grateful forever!

Banshee (Unicorn Mode) / Banshee (Destroy Mode)

X Divider

Xi

I also have several partial-writeups that I started but lost steam on, so I can post those links too if people want.

I'm hoping I can find the time and work up the enthusiasm to start up on these again, but I'll have significantly less time to work on them now that I'm back at school :(