brett_

[FB] EXVSFB Wiki Project

Oooh you're gonna do Turn A, nice. I will probably proofread your work and add in his weapons/tactics data then. LaGOWE is coming along nicely, should be done with him soon and then onto Ksha and then I'll prob hop in with you on Turn A unless you want to try your hand at translating his stuff (in which case I will just go through and work with/correct whatever you do)

Yeah I'm just kinda bouncing around units I use/am interested in at the moment and trying to get a hang of editing things. I finished up the combo section ( OTL... ) for Turn A and was actually thinking of looking into Gold Sumo since I have a strange urge to make it my next 2k main. I know there's no work on it in terms of translating but I think I could at the very least handle the moveset and combo data since I'm familiar enough with that across most suits. Or I may just work on Turn A/try a more complicated suit's page out, I'm not really sure. It all depends on how I can work making edits and stuff into my day-by-day.

Pheeeew LaGOWE's tactics are done http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=LaGOWE_(EXVSFB)#EX_Burst_Selection

Of particular interest here is the piece that someone added to the JP wiki very recently about 1000/1000 cost combinations with ReGZ (it's at the very bottom) Apparently she gives the 1000/1000 cost comp a leg up if she makes good usage of her BWS purges. Basically the idea is that the other 1k acts as a decoy for the enemies and she gets to land tons of damage with her normal ranged + BWS purges.

Movin' on to Ksha's tactics now. Will probably come back and finish up LaGOWE's page a bit later, all he's missing is his melee weapon info and his combos and he'll be finished.

So, I was revisiting the Impulse page, and wanted to try to make it not so overwhelming to read everything at once...I put the separate modes' movesets, details, etc in separate collapsible boxes, and that makes it a lot better I think with regard to choosing which mode you want to look at one-at-a-time, but I still wonder - what I'd really like to try - is similar to how the JP wiki treats this

Is...there a way to line up tables side-by-side at the top of the page, rather than one under another? Like:

Pilot/Suit Info

Introduction

[Force Impulse]  [Blast Impulse]  [Sword Impulse]

EX Burst

Tactics

[FI Combos]  [BI Combos]  [SI Combos]

And those first three tables contain the movesets, cancel routes, and detailed discussions of movesets. On the JP Wiki, in actuality when you click on one of those Mode "tables" it just moves to a new webpage dedicated to just that mode, which, is an alternative option too I guess (although, I do like how we have all the information available on one page without having to switch back and forth between pages for equipment change suits).

Possibilities? Thoughts?

If you want to see the difference between what I had done originally and what's there now, Luna's Impulse is still in the previous layout.

OK so I got in a groove and did all of Turn A's tactics and his responses too. Some pretty useful information in his burst selection actually.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Turn_A_Gundam_(EXVSFB)

As a side note I am MOSTLY translating unique responses but I also do the very commonly heard ones (for example I did the ones Loran yells when he does his A like 環境を考えろォッ!) since people hear those a lot and maybe wonder what they mean. 

And I am sure some people have noticed a large different in unit response section size-- simply put, some units have a LOT more responses than others.

From now on I'm probably just going to do responses in conjuction with tactics sections (and might go back and do responses for some tactics sections I've already done)

edit: based on popular request, next set of quotes is God, lol

OK, was going through a lot of pages trying to figure out who I felt like TLing next and we may have a problem with certain units, like poor Acguy here:

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/29.html

He literally has no tactics section. So maybe if we want to keep an open list of units that need some kind soul to write a paragraph or two about how to play them and maybe a bit about bursts for them that might be a good thing.

Also as another example of why not doing hard notation is a bad thing.  I just played efreet on stream on request, and I tried to do 6b ac-b when someone told me to do 6b > exam melee > 5b > exam melee as a bad/lazy combo since I had no clue how his melee worked.

All he had to do was say 6bc or 5bc and I would have had no issues.  The whole point of combo notation is to establish a universal language, not to be pretty.

Also as another example of why not doing hard notation is a bad thing.  I just played efreet on stream on request, and I tried to do 6b ac-b when someone told me to do 6b > exam melee > 5b > exam melee as a bad/lazy combo since I had no clue how his melee worked.

All he had to do was say 6bc or 5bc and I would have had no issues.  The whole point of combo notation is to establish a universal language, not to be pretty.

There has always been established things for notating the very basics, certainly enough to at least handle what's being discussed in your anecdote.

The notation discussion is simply on what to call boost dash melee, as well as whether the nicknames like main / sub are preferred over A or AB. things like followups, rainbowsteps, bdc's, etc, are already universalized and people who aren't using those aren't people in disagreement, they're just people not following the standard notation format.

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone else out there that may be reading:

If there is a suit on the wiki page that doesn't have any work done on it, and you want to play that suit and learn some of its combos, and you read zero Japanese, I put the translations for what should be 95% of all of the things you would see on a combo page of the JP wiki. So you can actually try to look through it on your own while waiting, or even build a combo section on the wiki page yourself if you like:

They are the very first thing written here:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Japanese_Wiki_Terms#General_Terms

Aside from that, as we're now sinking more and more into suits I either don't really play, or DLC I don't own (and so cannot test in-game), I've kinda been slacking on translating/writing out the details on individual armaments and melee attacks/tables in favor of just getting the core information and combos put in place for all the suits, so that @Shtkn will then be more validated in graciously offering us a place to put all this data  :)

If all the suits have that core information I think it will look like a much happier and more legitimate wiki, and then I will begin the arduous process of going back and translating out the more fine details about things...

Also, I'm still carrying out this process giving priority to suits that don't have any information done. The suits that have google documents done by BK all have page skeletons set up still that can be filled in, but since the google docs are there, they are lower on my priority list.

Just skimmed it and wrote down a few minor corrections - I would edit them myself but I figured you should probably know what's off so you can reword it yourself.

足回り can be translated as neutral game.

Your initial description of 伸び is fine, but it's really NOT as a term used in the context of combo'ing, It's mainly used in the context of a melee's ability to "reach" the opponent when pursuing someone.

判定 , while it can be equivalent to priority in some contexts, doesn't in others. I suggest using hitbox, since having a good hitbox is an easily understood phrase, and also works when translating something like 自機にもダメージ判定がある攻撃

地上 (地上撃ち) - there's no reason to elaborate on how the term can be confusing: just call it Standing or Grounded and move on, imo.

クロス - This is mainly referring to ABC Mantles (Cloth), not Crossfire.

ガン逃げ (ガン攻め) - This actually has nothing to do with "Gun" - it's derived from ガンガン. Pretty much means all-out X or hardcore X etc etc.

起き攻め - okiZeme

着地盾 is shielding after landing. sometimes refers to landing cancels and then shielding afterwards, like BD, or other times performing ground plummeting moves into shield, like Heavy Arms 8B.

擬似タイ - This refers to a pseudo-1on1 situation, Rather than refering to just 1v1'ing an opponent, it's often a phrase used for discussing tactics that involve creating a 1on1 situation for the team (splitting). For example if you are a back player and your front player has a considerable 1 on 1 advantage, it's often a decent strategy to create a pseudo 1on1 situation and stall while your partner has the advantage (splitting the opposing team).

リロキャン - Reload cancel is actually NOT the same as reload amekyan. They are two different things. Reload Cancel is a very specific technique, which I also explained in my Cancel's List page. It utilizes a very rare trait certain moves have where rather than being simply non-vernier, they have a weird forced free-fall state. They are certain reloads and cloak/assist toggles, which is why this cancel is also referred to as rainbow fuwa bc in JP. A full list can be found on my cancels list page but the most common ones are Full Cloth's BC manual reload (extremely important) and X-2's BC cape. If you go into training mode and test, try jumping really high, then do BC, and immediately start holding [C].

Normally with any non-vernier move, such as a beam rifle, you will start rising again immediately, but with cape / reload, you actually are forced to fall for a set time before you can do other on-angle actions. 

Now, if you do a backturned BR into BC with X2, even if you were told that the BC has some weird forced-freefall state, it would look the same as any old turnaround freefall cancel like Turn X's turnaround BR -> Sub. In fact, there's only really one specific way to utilize this state, and it's called a Reload Cancel.

For some weird reason, during your RAINBOW STEP, if you also jumped, performing a Fuwa Rainbowstep (66+C), during your rainbowstep if you input another action with C, though you technically press C twice, you do NOT get a boostdash. Thus, by rainbowstepping and jumping at the same time then immediately inputting BC, you are able to forcefully drop from a rainbowstep and cancelling the upward rising momentum from the fuwa into a plummet generated from your cape / reload. This is extremely important for Full Cloth because it lets him do things like Turnaround BR -> Sub into Fuwa Rainbowstep BC to allow him to do what looks like an Amekyan. '

tl;dr it lets you do something similar to an amekyan from a rainbow step.

Thanks for the corrections and info Brett, especially 足回り. I'd been wracking my brain I don't even know how long trying to figure that one out lol.

Re-vising my almost month-old post about the Impulse page, I was able to I guess ghetto-rig a way to make the collapsible tables appear side-by-side:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Impulse_Gundam_(EXVSFB)

I think the readability is nice, but admittedly, since it's removed the section breaks, and has a number of double (or even triple-embedded tables), the raw text code for the page is a huge pain in the ass to edit if you just want to add/fix one thing.

So...feedback/thoughts - should these equipment-swap suits be split into separate pages like the JP wiki? Keep the collapsible tables but just add section breaks back??

Been a while so I figured I'd post a progress update

akai_GO and I used green particle magic to finish 00's page

It's like 98% done, just needs a few little things and it's finished, but I figured I'd post it here anyway.

Coming in the near future:

Banshee

00 Quanta

Sinanju

Zeong

edit: as a side note, a while back people were requesting God's quotes be done, but I think I forgot to post about it when they were finished, so there they are

as for future unit quotes, akai_GO and I have started collaborating to finish unit pages faster, so what is likely going to happen is that unit quotes will just be added as we work on pages together, and we'll get around to adding quotes for already-completed pages sometime in the future.

Just to explain that portion you were confused about with Zeong's main:

Zeong's boost dash animation makes his arms move in front of him, then he later brings them down back to his natural position. It's thought that because of this mechanic, it also overrides the internal cooldown or "recovery" on his main as well. (If you stand on the ground and just spam main, you can see that his internal cooldown is visually shown as his hand is extended - it ends when he returns his hands back to his side). In other words, if you time it properly, you can boost dash and fire your main, then immediately fire it again (as the wiki mentions, doing boost hops / small jumps etc work during the BD).

The part you didn't translate regarding failed Sub cancels is actually just placed weirdly - its not really related to the BD recovery mechanic of Zeongs, though Zeong's turnaround animation is pretty fast. tl;dr it just says to be careful because if you try and do a turnaround Main then confirm the hit into Sub, there's a period of time as Zeong begins to fall where he's no longer considered firing his Main, but nor is he considered at neutral, so if you press Sub nothing happens. This actually happens with all suits in general, though. Also there is no BD recovery cancel occuring in that situation - it's actually unrelated to the glitch as far as I know.

Just a few corrections in that related passage:

"doing BD Main > small jump/momentum jump/cutting BD stiffness can allow you to pseudo-rapid-fire Main 2 times" Be careful about using the > symbol, since it also represents stepping. In general we don't have an official way to notate a series of actions in a row that isn't straight cancel (like talking about how to input a fuwastep), but in general I would suggest using a comma or even a ->, as it's better than confusing newer players with > (I'm aware the original JP wiki uses >, and that most players get what > means in context, but might as well avoid confusing if we can).

small jump / momentum jump / -> cutting BD stiffness <- this third option in the jp wiki is actually a typo, I think (BDダッシュ) - I don't see it popping up anywhere else in the wiki. I'm pretty sure he just means doing a straight boost dash, so

boost dash, main, then either small jump or momentum jump or do nothing, then BD recovery cancel occurs, then main again. If you're going down a slope, Boost dash main then main+land isn't hard, but if you're on a flat surface, I recommend pianoing the input of the first main after the second C input of the BD so it comes out early enough (in training mode it's easy to get what I'm saying). 

Not sure where in translation you got confused, but I'll just write it out to help wherever you got stuck:

ブースト硬直が切れる瞬間に撃つとメインの硬直が切れる特殊な性質がある。

His main has a particular trait where if you fire it as boost dash recovery is ending, the main's recovery [well, internal cooldown] gets reset as well.

(本機はBD中に腕を突き出すような専用モーションが用意されており、BD硬直が切れると同時に腕を元の状態に戻すようになっている。

During the suit's boost dash, he flings his arms out in front of him as part of the motion, and as the BD recovery occurs, brings them back to the original position.

この元に戻す動作で硬直が上書きされていると思われる)。

It's believed that because of this action of returning back to neutral, the recovery (of the main) is overwritten.

そのため特に振り向き撃ちでよろけを取った時に自由落下に移ってしまい、サブCに失敗することがあるので注意しよう。

As such, when doing a back turned shot in particular, when you've got them staggered, there are times when you will enter freefall state and your Sub cancel won't happen, so be careful.

また硬直が切れている扱いなのでサブのキャンセル補正も回避が可能。

Since the recovery is being cancelled, this also lets you avoid straight-cancel proration.

The above technically makes no sense if you translate it literally because they're using 硬直 to represent internal cooldown recovery, whereas we use the word "recovery" to mean actual recovery from moves. Just for anyone who isn't following that line of logic, cancel routes are only preserved while a move is considered "active", which includes its internal cooldown, even if the move has already recovered.

In general, this is something that isn't very noticeable a lot of the time, since as soon as a move's internal cooldown is over, you're at neutral, meaning you can do whatever you want again, but it's presence is nonetheless important for avoiding Sub cancel proration with many suits, or for being able to do actions that you cannot cancel from Main during on angle. This is why you cannot do a landing main into a shield to protect your landing. You can pick Zeong, rise up into the air, then do Main and then try and shield as soon as you can. You'll notice you cant for quite some time. Conversely do a boost dash, main, then notice that you can immediately shield. 

Of course, for Zeong, the avoidance of internal cooldown doesn't affect many more of his cancels other than avoiding cancel route proration, because he's a nut and can cancel his Main into practically any other tool he has anyways (including 8B lol).

Man, thanks for the incredibly detailed and enlightening post on that matter; I was definitely at a loss for what it was trying to convey, or even how to go about trying to replicate it in-game to try and see it for myself...

And yeah, I've definitely gone back and forth between should I use (action) > (action) or (action)(action) since both already have firm different uses in our notation ><; I'll be happy to change them to -> or --> if we like that better.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=EXVSFB/Zaku_III_Kai

So I made something of a Zaku III page ages ago, but for some reason I'm unable to log into the wiki, which seems to have a separate account system from both dustloop and the parent wiki page. Could somebody either tell me what's up with that or add the picture I linked up at the top as an image instead of a link? 

Stares at Gundam wiki

Think there was unique dialogues between Xi with Gerbera and Red Dragon with Sandrock (partnered together).

Edited by omgitsgodzilla