Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djqubil

[P4AU] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) - Q&A Thread

P4U2_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

This thread is for the sole purpose of questions regarding the character. Whether it be advice on spacing, how to do particular combos, or how to look swag as hell ask away here. Please refrain from being confrontational in this thread - everyone here just wants to learn. 

A couple of questions, actually.

In this video, there's a few things I'd like to ask about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7TsTZuJwE

At 1:20 in the video, he does an SP ender for SHO's rekka. And then he picks it up with 2A. How do I know when to cancel the second hit so my opponent is high enough for me to do the SP ender into 2A to continue the combo? 
Then also, at 1:25, I keep seeing people end combo's with 2B (2) into sweep. I've not been able to get the timing down for that one either. 

At about 2:00, he does a combo that starts with stuff into DP, then cancel into 236236C, then pick up the combo with a 5A. I'm confused about the height where I need to cancel into my super.

And then something which I don't think they show in the video...

But after you know your opponent in the air high enough, I always see them use a 236C/D, then being able to pick the opponent up with 2A. I've tried many times, even tried to dash a bit before landing to try and hit them before they land, but no luck. Is there some timing-related things I'm missing here?

I really want to learn this character and become good with him to have an alternative to my original main, and SHO seems like a great choice.

So please, any help, tips or pointers are greatly appreciated.

A couple of questions, actually.

In this video, there's a few things I'd like to ask about:

At about 2:00, he does a combo that starts with stuff into DP, then cancel into 236236C, then pick up the combo with a 5A. I'm confused about the height where I need to cancel into my super.

You probably need to cancel as soon as possible after the DP hits.  Remember at a certain height you'll get the air version of the super and probably will have a hard time comboing further on the ground.

May as well bring my questions over, although most of them I share with you.

I think if you do it raw it doesn't launch them high enough, you probably need the sweep.  I'm having trouble with that combo too, no matter how long I delay the 4B they hit they recover before 2A can hit.

I'm having a hard time with a lot of the confirms for this dude.  I've been trying to do 5D/2D AA 236C/D 2A but can't get 2A to land.  I know it needs to be counter hit most likely but that isn't helping me much lol.  The 236236C followups are getting me too.  I can land a 5A or 5B but anything after drops.  

-5A>5AA>2B>5B>2AB>214A>4A>4AB>2A>5B (1 Hit) >2B>2AB>214B>4B>4A

For a combo like this, how exactly am I supposed to link the 2A after the 4AB? is there some special timing?

I'd had better success doing 214B > 4B > 4AB > 2A

the best way to explain it is you need to delay the 4AB as long as you can. I try using the sound effect from the 4B, usually once I hear the 2nd sound effect it's like BEARly a half or so second after that. Takes a lot of practice IMO.

I would personally advise against using audio cues since you're not always going to be able to hear them (especially if you play at locals/majors/cons/etc) but at the very least it will help you nail the "moment" so you'll be able to do it consistently without the cue eventually.

Now my question, what are some good FC combos, for moves that are fatal recovery?  5A starter preferable but it doesn't really matter.

5aa FC > 5b > 2b > 5c > 214b > 4b > delay j.a > 2b > 5d > 236c > 5a > 5b (1) > 5c > 214b > 4b > 4a

Off the top of my head, confirmed works, may have to modify the ender for A versions unless you're stacking on meter for extra damage.

Nets about high 3k, 4 if you use meter.

I have a general question and a specific one.

1) How does Pershona need to be played? I think I have his basic gameplan down (bully the opponent into respect with well-spaced A and B normals up close and make them scared to commit to anything at a distance with 2C, 5D, 2D, and teleports), but I know there's more to it. What other things should I need doing/getting mileage off of?

2) Is there some way to force crouching in a confirm so I can do 5D>teleport off of anything, or will that only work with crouching confirms?

It will work on crouching and fatal confirms, but it's in no way optimal.

As for your first question. Idk how to answer that. You figure out how to play a character by actually playing them in matches. You know his strengths and his blind spots, you forge your play around that. Watch videos for reference and learn combos, MUs and player habits. :/

Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

teleport knockdown allows for safe jump j.b which is a fair trade off for meterless non-fatal combos since the damage difference isn't that big

need help with this combo: normal grab, Rapid Cancel, Back dash, 2C (slight delay)~5D, C teleport, micro dash 2A

My problem is the micro dash 2A. im too late on it.  Any tip on this would be appreciated. 

edit: seems you have to buffer earlier and hit the 2A quickly for it to work. 

Recently picked this character up, have a quick question.

Is 236A > 236D teleport a good mixup option or is it overall bad? I've had mixed results using it, and would like some input.

I'm new too so I'm probably wrong on this, and if I am, please correct me, but I don't believe that's mixup. I think it just makes teleport a bit safer.

So far I can only do 5A>5AA>5B>2B>214B>4B>4B combo with Minazuki, and possibly the teleport into that chain. The delay 4AB>2A combo extension is impossible for me, I haven't even mashed it out randomly by chance after trying to half an hour or so. What are some of the other easy ones I can try to pick up instead to improve my ability to play this character.

Edit: Also what are good opportunities for using 2D 5D, it seems like an incredibly bad idea to just throw them out randomly.

So far I can only do 5A>5AA>5B>2B>214B>4B>4B combo with Minazuki, and possibly the teleport into that chain. The delay 4AB>2A combo extension is impossible for me, I haven't even mashed it out randomly by chance after trying to half an hour or so. What are some of the other easy ones I can try to pick up instead to improve my ability to play this character.

Edit: Also what are good opportunities for using 2D 5D, it seems like an incredibly bad idea to just throw them out randomly.

5A > 5AA > 2B > 5B > 5C > 214B > 4B > 4B is simple

if you're in the corner you can do 5A > 5AA > 5C > 2B > 5B > 5C > 214B > 4B > 4B

with any combo that ends in the 214A/B series, you can cancel the first 4B into B+D > j.B+D for a little extra damage

if you have 50 meter, you can do that AND cancel the first hit of the B+D into 236236C

so it would be like 5A > 5AA > 2B > 5B > 5C > 214B > 4B > B+D > 236236C

Yeah I got all of those variations down, other than the extra C and sweep in the corner.

I am looking to move on to something a bit more complex than that.

if you have all that basic stuff then i guess start practicing more resource-heavy extensions; microdash 5B(1) after 236236C, throw/command throw>OMB stuff, learn that 4AB>2A link

Can you not cancel blocked DP into 236236C/D to catch people steppin'? I was doing it in ranked yesterday and I couldn't get it to work today.

I just want to say that you should generally use dash 2A, 5B(1), 2B, 2AB xx 214B, DP, jDP (except on Sho's and Yukiko, who get 5AA, 5C xx 214B, DP, jDP).

Three ways to set that up are:

OMB, 2C, 5D xx 236D

Throw, OMC, backdash/jump back, 2C, 5D xx 236D

There's also the FC route with: FC *whatever* xx 214B, jA, 2B(1), 5C, 2C, 5D xx 236D, 5AA, 5B(1), 2B, 2AB xx 214B, DP, jDP

If there are others, I'd really like to know them.

Recently picked this character up, have a quick question.

Is 236A > 236D teleport a good mixup option or is it overall bad? I've had mixed results using it, and would like some input.

It's not bad of the opponent is content with standing on the ground.

It depends on the character and how they AA, but luckily you can time the teleport in ways that they will get hit by the knife upon cross up out trying to AA.

It's less of a mix up and more of an oki-doke to fuck with your opponent. If they jump, they're out for free and they can just roll the knife and be out of range of the teleport. So keep them honest with 2d and continuous knives.

2d and j2d to keep them in check fullscreen, 5d and 5[d] are both kinda worthless compared to it

j[d] tracks and the stand moves toward them to do the slash so you can do it off like say iad back or when a knife is over them sparingly, i think you recover fast enough for air options afterward too