Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djqubil

[P4AU] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) - Q&A Thread

from what i tested crouch confirm into 5d>236c/d safe jump j.b will beat all reversals slower than 10f startup, loses to anything 10f and faster like mitsuru dp and counter type dp(kanji, yosuke, etc)

then there's the crouch confirm>5d>236cd>j.b(1)>dj.a>j.b>j.c>j.2d>236c/d and aoa~c>j.b>dj.b>j.c>j.2d>236c/d has a bit more frame advantage which seem to beat reversals slower than 8f startup(beats akihiko's dp), should only lose to counter type dp and very fast reversal supers

i'm going to guess that weird air hit ones like 5aa>5d>236c/d will be 9f or so

ill test later and make a list or something i guess

Do you mind explaining why do we need to air-turn j.b to safejump and not just j.b? It's good to know why I'm doing the air-turn. Thanks :)

Do you mind explaining why do we need to air-turn j.b to safejump and not just j.b? It's good to know why I'm doing the air-turn. Thanks :)

There's a lot of factors about why we do air turn > dash > j.5b but the simplest one is when your opponent is trigger happy about dp and you do air turn > dash > j.5b on their wake up the dp will whiff and you will be in the back with free punish but if you j.5b raw on wake up they can air grab you especially good players and you can do this on block string too just experiment.

Sorry not very good at explaining

So a couple of questions, first as far as I understand Minazuki has strong pressure with just 5A alone but not sure how to get my opponent scared to hit buttons to mix command grabs in cause I usually get stuffed out of then when my opponent starts using A buttons back. Another thing I'm a bit confused about is when to use 2C or 2D, they look like good moves to toss out to counter zone with but I haven't had much success with sniping with these.

If they do a DP immediately, most reversals will whiff because you're behind them. If they delay until you're behind them, you will be low enough to do a true safe jump. If you approached from the front, you're still too high to safe jump and will just get hit.

So a couple of questions, first as far as I understand Minazuki has strong pressure with just 5A alone but not sure how to get my opponent scared to hit buttons to mix command grabs in cause I usually get stuffed out of then when my opponent starts using A buttons back. Another thing I'm a bit confused about is when to use 2C or 2D, they look like good moves to toss out to counter zone with but I haven't had much success with sniping with these.

SB third rekka gives enough advantage on block to dash up command grab. You can also do it raw on their wake-up or after they block a single 2A.

The "problem"you're having where people are just hitting you with jabs is actually a great thing for you. The command grab's purpose is to get them to squirm under your pressure. This lets you easily hit them with a 5a/dashing 5a/2a chains/sweep. If you can get them to hit buttons, just frame trap them with 5a, 5a and convert.

2d is best used as a full screen poke that leads to a large combo on CH if you buffer into A Survival Knife, but it has a lot of startup so often j.2d is better because it's often harder to stop/predict.

Don't throw out 2C unless you're sure it won't whiff, it's too slow and spacing specific to be useful.

How are you guys converting off of anti airs and stray hits? Say you 5A them while they are in the air or air to air with j.B. How do you convert?  I messed with 5AA into 5C but the spacing is weird and doesnt connect much 

if it's a random air to air j.b that didn't counter hit and you were able to 5aa off it, auto combo rekkas or 5d into 236c/d

on counter hit you've got a good amount of time to adjust and do a full combo like 5aa>2b>5b1>5c>sweep>rekkas

general speaking its safer to just auto combo since you might be slow to react with 5d and then you're stuck in whiff recovery for ages

ok thanks. As I was playing I noticed that situation alot. Ive seen the 5D one in some japanese match. He did the micro step combo after teleport.. I guess it could be a go to if you notice the counter hit from a certain height. 

yeah that has to be a fairly high up 5aa to allow for that combo, but it's not bad to do the dash 2a anyways since some people dont want to tech immediately and you're completely fine on whiff

yeah that has to be a fairly high up 5aa to allow for that combo, but it's not bad to do the dash 2a anyways since some people dont want to tech immediately and you're completely fine on whiff

You can't confirm the 5B after the 2A and if you dial in the 5B you get mauled on whiff.

on hit it'll queue it up even if you press it early, on whiff it won't iirc since you're still in whiff recovery

Sho's 5A is -1 on block now, not +1, correct? The wiki has it listed as +1 still, but that was before the 1.10 patch I believe.

Also, the patch notes say that 2C is no longer jump cancellable, but you can totally jump cancel it.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Persona_4:_Arena_Ultimax_1.10_patch_notes

The patch notes added the 2c jump cancel I believe.

The wiki (for arcade ready characters) is based off of the official mook, since there was no mook update to reflect the update the info stayed as is and is thus not 100% accurate.

How are you guys punishing Chie's DP? Recovery is fairly fast for a 5c punish it seems. Maybe I just go for something basic. idk. 

How are you guys punishing Chie's DP? Recovery is fairly fast for a 5c punish it seems. Maybe I just go for something basic. idk.

5A. It's a fatal counter recovery if you don't activate the counter. You get to do 5A 5B 5C 214B 4B j.A 2B(1), delayed 5C, 2C 5D 236C dash 2A 5B(1) 2B 2AB 214B 4B 4A.

ok thanks. good to know. Also how are guys dealing with Raging Lion? Fought my first Narukami today.  I tried to 2B and got Counter hit. Was very discouraging. lead me to blocking forever. Dont know when its coming or how to deal with that move right now.

ok thanks. good to know. Also how are guys dealing with Raging Lion? Fought my first Narukami today.  I tried to 2B and got Counter hit. Was very discouraging. lead me to blocking forever. Dont know when its coming or how to deal with that move right now.

You can totally 2B it if you're early enough. If he's doing the A version, he's -4 on block. If you instant block, you get a free throw on block.

The B version is easier to anti-air because it's slower, but you still need to 2B early. If you're scared of being beat out, you can just DP it, but if you're slow he can feint and block.

The B version is 0 on block, so if you instant block you're like +2. You can also air throw it if he's being a wad about it and you know it's coming.

There's always CH Moon Smasher -> LOL damage.

The SB one is +1 on block and knocks down. It also leads to a full combo on CH. It is very mean. Yu has a 5 frame jab, so unless you're +2 or so, Yu has button priority over you up close. You can still 2B or DP it, but it's scary.

thanks dude. Sounds real tricky. Ill come up with some strings so I can practice instant blocking it in practice mode. 

Too far, sweep would probably only work in the corner. Just do ... 2B(1)> 5C instead.

Is this something that was changed in 1.1?

5A. It's a fatal counter recovery if you don't activate the counter. You get to do 5A 5B 5C 214B 4B j.A 2B(1), delayed 5C, 2C 5D 236C dash 2A 5B(1) 2B 2AB 214B 4B 4A.

is there a vid with this combo? feels weird delaying the 5c when the 2b(2) is coming out

edit: Getting it more. feels like I do when I delay j.A instead. Pretty sweet damage. The ender gives out though. So far I can only end the combo with 2AB into DP then air DP into super. 

is there a vid with this combo? feels weird delaying the 5c when the 2b(2) is coming out

edit: Getting it more. feels like I do when I delay j.A instead. Pretty sweet damage. The ender gives out though. So far I can only end the combo with 2AB into DP then air DP into super. 

Try delaying j.A and 2B (1), makes connecting 5C easier.