Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

Faust v. Slayer

Posted Image v. Posted Image

Purpose: Another classic zoning match. Keeping Slayer out is a goddamn must. Playing it cool and making safe choices is very recommended. One slayer gets in, the match starts to get really ugly. :vbang:

Why?: Slayer can only hurt you if he touches you(lack of projectiles) so keeping him away is your only choice.

Author's note:This is the 1st match-up I will be writing that is not in favor of Faust(in my opinion). As a result, I will be posting up videos at the bottom of Faust winning against slayer and him losing. The reason for this is because I will show you what happens when slayer gets in and why it is so vital to keep him out.

a) Zoning

*On the ground/In the Air

-5s(far): This is just a great move in general but is definantly not to be abused in this match-up since slayers dandy step and Big Bang Upper dodge this. That is a mistake you cannot afford . Only use it when you can anticipate a jump or he has no tension for BBU and no room/reason to Dandy step.

-2HS: This move is great for stopping and punishing dandy step. The only problem is that it doesn't stop him from jumping . But it does cover the ground very well so use it for any hints of ground advances and dandy steps.

-2P:Good move for punishing blocked mappa's and stopping BBU. But be careful since Slayers 2hs and 6k go right over this move and both lead into large amounts of damage.

-j.2k: Another great move for beating 2d's, dandy steps on their start-up and incoming mappa's. But use this very fast and low to the ground since slayer's 6p eats this move up for breakfast, lunch and dinner leading into 90% prorated damage.

-41236k: The scalpel pull is also great if you can predict his Dandy steps, but tread with caution since he can 6p it for a combo even if it's full screen!!!

-FDC J.hs: This will stop(if timed well) a good amount of his air progression when it comes to his low IAD's. Keeping items out at all times always help when dealing with Slayer in the air,but stopping his ground game takes a little bit more skill and finesse.

*Items

Listed from most important to meh...

Best: Little Faust, Robo-ky and Potemkin

Why?: They control the air and ground taking away Slayer's aggressive offense. You can somewhat move freely around depending on were the items are. Always keep by Little Faust and Potemkin when they are patrolling the floor since they can be your little barrier against his attacks from the ground and keep a diligent eye for any air attacks. This fact alone makes this crew amazing to have around.

Better: Bombs and meteors

Why?: They attack on a large scale and it is sometimes hard for slayer to escape them do to his lack of speed and short ranged air dash. Watch out thought since Slayer's back-dash can go through these items, so don't let yourself be off guard. Rush his ass down!!! When Meteor's are out you carefully plan a way to get closer inside to setup a little pressure. Bombs, you super jump into dash and throw a bomb bag to keep him grounded or fall back down.

Good: Hammers, Tarai's (bedpan)

Why?: These are great for stopping his close to medium range pursuit. For instance once you finish an air combo that doesn't end in knockdown, he will try to advance and throwing out a hammer can halt this immediately and may create a counter hit for good damage. The Tarai can also stop this but it takes more time for it to come out.

Crap: Coins, Doughnuts and Candy.

Why?: Coins aren't that bad since they act similar to a hammer but negative since they stay out longer if missed. Candy and doughnuts are kinda self-explanitory but slayer can actually avoid these pretty easy because of his dash, so he can stop your item throwing longer than you would like.

B)Anti-Airs/Oki

*Anti-Airs

Slayer is kind of weird in the air since his jump HS is such a great move. The way to properly counter this move is strict timing and knowing when to go for it and not.

-6P: an amazing move that can stop Slayer's j.hs right as he trying to do it over your head. Watch out though because if done late you could eat a serious counter hit into massive damage and then a knockdown. So yea.. watch it. The best way to practice when to do it is training mode. Record Slayer doing j.HS at you in multiple different situations and find the best timing for yourself.

-5k: Another great anti-air against a low to ground air dash by Slayer. This is most useful when you block slayer's guard strings and he tries to close the gap quickly by IADing in with j.HS to continue his pressure. This 5k is fast enough to stop this and end up into a great situation for you.

-K on Pogo(headflower): A great anti-air against slayer if your on pogo and he's above you. But it won't work as effective if he is coming straight at you so, use this carefully.

-2k: Another awesome move that can repel j.HS very well even if pulled out a bit late. But... it doesn't have amazing combo/knockdown abilities so it's not completely wonderus. But it is the most consistant no matter were he is coming from since it will usually win or exchange with j.HS.

*Okizeme!!

-fdc j.k: Not a horrible move obviously, a very fast over head but if the slayer is trying to mash out a throw, his 5HS will beat it :vbang:. So only do it against a well trained slayer that knows he's not gonna grab you on wake-up.

-Drill-Cancel j.d: Another tricky move to pull of but does a better job of stuffing mash throws on wake-up. This move is performed very similar to fdc j.k but is alot easier input wise. In order to do this you cannot have burst since you are hitting kick and dust very close together. On wake-up 9(jump forward)-1(down-forward)k-d. The 2k will be canceled by the Dust itself instead of Faultless Defense and it has the same gravity as a FDC. The lower the better for this move since it increases combo-ability. If it was a counter hit though, they are staggered so do whatever you want(5d,6hs) into a damaging combo of your choice.

-Fake Cross-up Fdc J.d: This is a move you see ElvenShadow use a-lot on wake-up and I dabble into it time to time. It's really more of a gimmick to catch a mashed out throw or bait a DP. Not really should be abused since it can be Air-thrown on wake-up.

-2k: The best and safest Okizeme technique you can use in this match-up. This used as a meaty keeps Slayer in place and discourages him from doing something crazy on wake-up like Big Bang Upper or dandy step. It has decent range so him back-dashing out of it isn't very safe so he's gonna stay right there.

C)Dealing with Slayer's Mix-ups and other stupid shit you should know about the Vampire.

-(Slayer's)6k:Well shit, this move can be done a bunch of different ways. It can be feinted leading into a throw,Bite or low, it is throw invincible so yeah don't try to grab him and it just has great potential to lead into anything. It will be the most effective Meaty Oki he can use. What i usually do after i block a 6k i have the option to Mettakiri(214hs)if he wants to follow it up with 5s or j.2k since it goes over his 2k. If he dashes in for a grab or to get behind you Mettakiri usually takes care of it.

*moves that can also be fiented for the purpose of gimmicks

-5d

-K mappa

-P mappa

-BDC(back-dash-cancel): Tricky little bastard this move is since he becomes invincible for a bit of time, if you don't know Koogy explains in the Slayer Forums like so.

You're cancelling your backdash with a jump.

You're cancelling your jump with a special.

You're retaining the invincibility from the backdash into the jump, into the special.

So, at absolute best odds in AC, you can get 7 frames of invincibility. In XX, you could get 22. In #R, 11.

So yeah it's a great move, but doesn't give him a great advantage like it used to. But you should still watch out for it since he can bait you into a BDC bite after a blocked move like mappa. Or aviod a long range poke by BDC'in k Mappa.

-Establishing momentum: This is very important in this battle against Slayer. Rarely do you see a Faust coming back from all odds to beat this monster, so keeping a lead early on is the best way to victory. Usually the very start of a round will tell you how the fight is gonna be, so make sure to start off safe and try and find a way to get him off of you early.

-Slayer's come-back potential: I have seen and experienced soo many times Slayer just get in one lucky hit and take it all away. I don't think any other character in this game has the ability to comeback and win like Slayer does. Just because you have shitloads of life mean nothing in front of a creature that does 240 damage on average. Never ever count Slayer out, because if he gets the jump on you and has tension to back it up, he might as well have full life and you are cannon fodder to it's defense.

:I:

Vids:

Winning!!!:

1. あーるえふ[R.F](ファウスト) vs hikaru(スレイヤー): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcWr_Lxcqxw

2. R.F(ファウスト) vs SPIKE(スレイヤー):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3F7fbmFH-0

3. きあぶい(アクセル.える(ロボカイ)ダウト(スレイヤー) vs ekiちゃん(ザッパ)R.F(ファウスト): (Starts at about 8:13min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LWbKV7ZMAk

4. 辻川(スレイヤー) vs R.F(ファウスト): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtSMWCkhwk

5. Senkei(ファウスト) vs Mak0infused(スレイヤー)*starts at 4:22: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chctX0ejLOw

Losing!!!:

1.辻川(スレイヤー) vs R.F(ファウスト):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbKwoLEXfg

2.じろー(スレイヤー) vs R.F(ファウスト):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BwAkWDANKc

Finished...

Any Q's about this match-up shoot em here :)

Alll done!!! Enjoy my amateur and unknown advice!! Any Q's or comments.. holla back!!

Slayer is full of burst safe so careful. Bursting BBU when it hits and j.2k will guarantee you an escape (assuming he doesnt rc and block but you know what I mean). And those vid examples clearly shows poking at slayer at close range when you shouldn't/guessed wrong = death lol

Yeah Slayer is a tuffy...Best way you burst on him is to be patient and not immediatly react to a hit from him. That is of course unless you are about to die. Anyways im back writing up another match-up and it's on.... ZAPPA!! Not many people play him at a high level in the US but it helps to know this match-up, you never know when you'll run into Kenji or Rudy's Zappa. And i have plenty of Zappa experience and a SHIT-TON of RF vs Eki-Chan matches to put up. Any other suggestions on who you guys want next after Zappa? Testament? Millia? May? HOS? Venom? Let a brotha know...

I think like Eddie , Jam, Testament should be your next focus because those are more common characters most of us play against, zappa and the rest i think should be the last you write up on.