Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

Character specific hitbox oddities with Amane

A couple of people have been looking forward to this thread (me included) so I went ahead and started it! Please post any character specific oddities - combos that do or don't work, situational options, trades, etc. - that y'all discover in this thread and I will update this post with them. Missing a combo with Amane usually results in 9483792 recovery frames of death, so I hope this will become a valuable resource for all of us!

Collapsed: Corner 623C Reset:

If Amane executes certain hit confirms off moves with specific combo timing, he can end his combo with Gekiren (623C) > 2B > Gekiren. If done correctly and the opponent was holding a button, they will air tech and get scooped with no escape options regardless of the tech direction. 

DOES NOT WORK ON: Noel [neutral tech], Terumi [neutral tech], Amane [forward and back tech]

WORKS ON: Everyone else

EXAMPLE RESETS:
2C > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 2B > 623C

2A > 2B > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 2B > 623C

forward throw > 236A > j2B > 236A > jB > land > 6A > 623C > 2B > 623C

Collapsed: Characters who run under 5C:

Noel, Terumi

So I tested gekiren reset on Amane/Noel/Terumi and it was working fine. The only air tech option that made gekiren whiff was foward air tech on Amane. I'm confused as to how it didn't work for you. 

So I tested gekiren reset on Amane/Noel/Terumi and it was working fine. The only air tech option that made gekiren whiff was foward air tech on Amane. I'm confused as to how it didn't work for you. 

Oh I'm sorry, my explanation was incomplete and I'll update it! Neither forward nor back tech work on Amane, and neutral tech does not work on Noel and Terumi. That it doesn't beat all tech options makes the reset too unreliable even on people who haven't seen it before IMO.

Midscreen CH 3C 5B(3) 5C(2) 6C(2) (etc) works on everyone except:

Hazama, Jin, Rachel - 5C whiffs

Ragna, Litchi, Nu - 6C whiffs

It will work Rachel and Nu at absolute max range, but any closer and 5C or 6C whiffs (respectively). It's not possible on Jin or Hazama because at max range the 5B will not hit three times, and any range where it does then the 5C whiffs. Likewise with Ranga and Litchi, the 6C whiffs at any range where 5B hits three times, and any further away then 5B only hits twice. Didn't test the DLC chars.

There's also various instances where you can do OTG 5B 3C where the 3C hits the falling opponent, however it's character specific and situational. For example this won't work on Mu midscreen, but in the corner you can delay the 3C and it will hit her after either two or three hits of 5B (doesn't work with 1-hit). Meanwhile this works on Makoto both midscreen and corner after any hit of 5B without having to delay the 3C (except you do need to delay the 3C if it's the third hit of 5B). I don't have a list though,

Midscreen CH 3C 5B(3) 5C(2) 6C(2) (etc) works on everyone except:

Hazama, Jin, Rachel - 5C whiffs

Ragna, Litchi, Nu - 6C whiffs

It will work Rachel and Nu at absolute max range, but any closer and 5C or 6C whiffs (respectively). It's not possible on Jin or Hazama because at max range the 5B will not hit three times, and any range where it does then the 5C whiffs. Likewise with Ranga and Litchi, the 6C whiffs at any range where 5B hits three times, and any further away then 5B only hits twice. Didn't test the DLC chars.

There's also various instances where you can do OTG 5B 3C where the 3C hits the falling opponent, however it's character specific and situational. For example this won't work on Mu midscreen, but in the corner you can delay the 3C and it will hit her after either two or three hits of 5B (doesn't work with 1-hit). Meanwhile this works on Makoto both midscreen and corner after any hit of 5B without having to delay the 3C (except you do need to delay the 3C if it's the third hit of 5B). I don't have a list though,

On a related note, my go-to 3C CH combo is 2B 5B 5C 6C. It tends to be more consistent, but 5B does not hit 3 times on Arakune so the timing gets weird. It's always better to leave out 2B on him, I'm not sure if there are other characters that this applies to though. Basically what I do -

Arakune: CH 3C > dash >  5B > 5C > 6C > hariken cancel > 5B > 5C > 6C > whatever

Everyone else: CH 3C > dash > 2B > 5B > 5C > 6C > hariken cancel > 2B > 5B > 5C > 6C > whatever