Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CP] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

Also j.d->new special bluebeats. j.d untech nerfed or what?

Too early to say. Maybe character hitboxes have changed...maybe it doesn't work on hazama or something. We should really just wait for the locktest to confirm stuff.

That air-scythe move looks fucking slick, and at that it looks like it might even be an overhead, yes?

Either that or the Relius he was beating on in the trailer just stopped blocking.

relius just didn't block

also the fact that it causes stagger is pretty interesting. maybe it can be used for oki setups?

Too early to say. Maybe character hitboxes have changed...maybe it doesn't work on hazama or something. We should really just wait for the locktest to confirm stuff.

People making some quick assumptions O_O !! Wow we

Only just realised that the first time you see him does his new move, it looks as if he does it from the ground. I kinda figured it'd be an aerial only move, but I guess not.

^LOLNOPE

BE seems to have the initial hit from CS1 BE, but the last hit knocks them away like CSEX.

I just hope they give Ragna's moves Clean-hit properties. Then he can be just like his dad.

the blowback animation looked sorta different.....guess my eyes were playing tricks on me?

I wouldn't worry too much about stuff bluebeating, they're obviously doing bad combos. One combo involving BE bluebeats in the middle of BE lol.

That's because they were too high, like normal. I'm more worried about the fact that j.C>BE didn't combo that early, and j.D looks like it had lower hitstun...

From the trailer here's what I've gotten from it:

@ 0:44 Ragna does a combo that does 2912 damage. Since it's a 5 hit combo and ends with Hell's Fang, my guess is the player did DS>5B>5C>HF>Tsuika which does about 2927 damage in Extend. (Not much of a difference at all.)

@ 1:15 Ragna does a raw Devoured by Darkness which in the trailer does only 35 hits and about 2208 damage (It's hard to see the number between the 2 and the 8 but I'm pretty sure it's 0. Not a big deal though) and in Extend DBD does 70 hits and 4416 damage raw. So I guess that move got nerfed but it may not matter too much if the minimal damage is still the same (or about the same). But there are a couple of things to note:

No this doesn't mean you can use DBD outside of Blood Kain. Yes the Blood Kain bar isn't there but that's how it's ALWAYS been when you've used DBD in any version of the game so you can still only activate that move in BK mode. No it's not Unlimited Ragna's new distortion either since that Distortion Drive does only 7 hits and this one is clearly doing more. I also heard a rumor that distortion drives will end sooner if the move kills the opponent soon enough but don't quote on me that. If that's true though then maybe that's why DBD does way less damage in the trailer.

So I know it's way too soon to tell until Loketest results are in but I agree with Fistmaster049 that Ragna won't get hit too hard in the overall damage department. He still looks like he'll hit hard enough, at least for now.

Also even if BK and DBD do get a nerf, if the speculations that the Bursts in this game work more like Guilty Gear's and Persona's then they might be necessary nerfs. I can also see BK becoming at least somewhat more practical if the bursts work this way since to me- BK's biggest weakness was that people could just easily burst out of it. Now you have to get back up to your opponent and now you're slowly losing health that you can't afford to lose. But now if your opponent has to re-charge their burst then I can see BK being used more often and the nerfs being more reasonable.

you know what's a good idea guys?

leaving it up to actual translators to get info from japanese sources before making any assumptions about anything.

first post updated with changes that i have noted.

No, Ragna's Blood Kain did not get removed. It simply got reassigned as his Overdrive now, under the name "Blood Kain Idea." I don't know if this is a buff, nerf, or whatever, since we don't know how it works. We'll see in time.

gh is still in, same as before

ds input changed to 236d

blood scythe new move j.214d/214d

claw is a normal super now

I'm hype for Devoured by Darkness being a stand alone super. And I like the whole overdrive idea.

Blood Scythe actually looks similar to a move Willard from Ougon Cross has. Maybe it'll be used in the same way? Either way, doesn't look fast enough to be comboed into normally. (Maybe off 6C or something)

I don't know why people are all that bothered by the changes to Yami ni Kuwarero anyway, but it seems to me that it can be done without Blood Kain now (I guess because they didn't want him having a Distortion Drive that depends on activating Overdrive to even work) and that it'll probably act as normal if Blood Kain Idea is active.

Blood kain using only 25% makes me think Ragna will be more dependent on it. Right now, it's only a situational combo tool. It would be interesting if Ragna had a health nerf, but BK didn't drain 3k health - so he'd be encouraged to take bigger risks with Blood Kain to do well.

I'm pretty sure Blood Kain Idea only requires Overdrive. You might be thinking of Crash Trigger.

overdrive is essentially x-factor

this game be taking the marvel route now, i kid you fucking not

also WELCOME BACK FINAL ULTIMA

Dead Spike is 236D now, Blood Scythe (new move) is 214D, can be done in the air.

Blood Kain Idea doesn't say anything about losing health.