Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AirbrushKing

Houston TX: Texas Gaming Championships

TGC-logo-5.jpg
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships Announcement: For those who missed the announcement on the MLG.Tv stream the new championship series is called Texas Gaming Championships. TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players in Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the best. TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Pokemon X & Y, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mario Kart 8, Killer Instinct. TGC will also feature a BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area and any game that has more than 8 entrants will qualify for running a tournament. If the any game gets more than 16 players or more consistently I will add it to the official game lineup. The benefits of it being added to the official game lineup is rankings and sponsorship. If you are in the top rankings you will get media coverage such being in articles, tv, etc. For sponsorship for the games, sponsors will give out money and prizes to the official lineup of games and they will have priority. Space in the BYOC area will be limited so this is a 1st come 1st serve. Our 1st TGC event is projected to be Feb 2015. We realize the potential of growth in these events so I want to introduce Tournament Helpers. I will be creating a list of venues to host these events and have a few in mind. This and more is what can be brought to the table as long as we get everyone's support. For more details and announcements click like on our like page at https://www.facebook.com/TexasGamingChampionships and stay tuned for updates!

Tournament Helpers: A tournament helper will help run the brackets and make sure the tournament is being run on time. We always will be looking for Tournament Helpers and volunteers so if you are interested contact me at www.tgcseries.com/contact-us

TGC Tournament Leaders: AirbrushKing and Xyro/Allan Sims. ABK will be running Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Xyro will be running Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.

TGC Helpers: Sylint/Justin Brown - Ultra Street Fighter 4
Quince Easter - Killer Instinct
Sync or Player 4 - Pokemon X & Y
Rocket Trainer - Mario Kart 8

#1: Magazine Coverage: Young Houston Magazine is a magazine that covers fashion, music entertainment and much more. They currently do not have a gaming section in there magazine but i brought the idea to the CEO of the magazine and he is interested in doing a article featuring the top ranking players. I have a graphics team that will create the graphic layout for the magazine and these magazines will be available for print and online. Once the 1st issue of the magazine is out with TGC being featured I have a some more magazine company's who are interested in this idea as well. This will add a new audience and gain new readers which will turn into new players being added to the Texas Gaming scene.

#2: Tv Coverage: Fox 26 and Channel 11 are interested in covering TGC events. I have other stations that I been in contact with and will make an announcement at a later time.

#3: Mobile App: Me and my team are creating a TGC mobile app. This app will feature top player rankings, events, announcements, livestream and much more. This app will be on 3 platforms Android, iOS and Windows. In this app will feature a share button so you can share it with all your friends and contacts in your phone.

#4: Sponsors: Devry University was one of my 1st sponsors and sponsored a TYS event with prizes and prepaid visa credit cards. I have been talking to alot of sponsors and getting close to deals so once everything is set in stone I will be making some announcements so stay tuned!

#5: Press: I will be talking to the Houston Press, Newspaper, Greensheet and other press sources about featuring TGC as an article. I can see about getting TGC on the cover as well. I got the cover of the Houston Press back in 2012 so this is possible.

#6: Radio: I have alot of friends that work at 97.9 the box and will be talking to them and other radio stations about TGC.