St1ckBuG

TSB In Osaka [Spring/Summer 2015]

This is happening. I'm having a tournament in Japan in Spring/Summer of 2015. All signs point to May, but this could definitely change due to a couple factors, mainly if there are other large events (read: Arc Revo) around the proposed time frame. Think of this as a vacation, but you will have an awesome event to attend while in Japan with all of your friends. 

Event Info

Place: Osaka, Japan

Date: May 2015

Games: Xrd, BlazBlue(?), P4U2(?), AH3LM, UMvC3

Games will be chosen by their relevance at the time. This will be a 2 day event, but each respective game will only take 1 day. There will be multiple games per day.

Finalized dates will be decided very soon. It will either be sometime during Golden Week 2015 (April 28th - May 6th) or the following weekend.

So what left is there to do on your end? Prepare. The most important part to all of this is saving up enough money to go, but how much should you save and how should you plan? I've written a guide that will help you get started about what you should be planning for, but it will be posted later.

A lot of you are probably wondering why I'm planning an event like this. That's a good question. there are mainly two reasons:

1). To give people an opportunity to play very strong players in a non-arcade format.

2). To give people an opportunity to travel and have fun with the foreign FGC and your friends.

Please let me know if you plan on going. I made an initial thread to gauge interest and it seems like there would be a committed core of players that want to make this happen. I'll put in the work, but I'll need you guys behind me in order to make the event successful.

Please post up if you're interested in going or if you have any suggestions. I'm all ears. I want to make this event enjoyable, so getting your input would be appreciated.

May 2015 is good window to prepare and save money. I really don't see myself missing this and I'm all there to support the scene and such while demonstrating how strong the US can be. My only downfall is knowing how Reserves going to be when I'm back on the civilian side but I'll keep you posted. I'm willing to pay 1k to 1.3k for my ticket and anymore I'm slightly against it.

Hm, maybe a dumb question, but with additional funding, could this be more than a one day event?

Hm, maybe a dumb question, but with additional funding, could this be more than a one day event?

Most events in Japan are one day because of work schedules. What would people want on the second day? Different games?

I still don't know the price for renting out the venue, so funding might not be a problem. I'll keep this in mind though. I would need other games, outside of ArcSys, to show lots of interest (from both US and Japan) to make renting a second day worth it.

I am likely to go. Getting off from my current job shouldn't be an issue. Game relevancy shouldn't be a problem unless there's some kind of Xrd 2 that dies a horrible death. Money...I can afford it...it's still a lot...gotta think a little bit.

The main issues would be a change at work or life getting in the way, the latter is always possible to anyone though.

If it's during/around Golden Week, I'll probably be able to make it. You'd probably maximize JP attendance if it's during Golden Week, too.

I am definitely interested in going. I am planning to bring my girlfriend with me, what I have in mind to do is come for the tournament then spend the latter part of a week traveling the country with her. As long as nothing changes with my job situation (And I do not suspect it will.) I am 99% sure my GF and I will be going. Need dates to start planning around it.  Oh one more thing if the venue was non smoking that would be awesome.

Any chance of having Vampire Savior as one of the tournament games? There's an active scene in Osaka, and many of the Japanese Vampire Savior players in Tokyo would be willing to travel to an event. You can look at the current entry llist for Mix Up Night #23 to get a feel for it, keep in mind that this is an all night event taking place on a normal two day weekend. You can toggle which games entrants you want to see to compare Vampiire Savior to UMVC3, keep  in mind a number of players entered both.

https://illtreatyou-mixupnight.rhcloud.com/