Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

My question is against characters with a puff ball and stun edge as well as a move that goes under pokes, and also a fireball, behind the yo-yo to go for midscreen rolling when u dont have the pressure or tools neccesary to force or make them block any other way.

Bridget cant get in whenever he feels like cause he just doesn't have the tools.

Puffballs you just have to block. A well timed 6p might beat one but the risk is phenomenal.

3p stagger getting escaped? Just xx KSMH p (its more damage than a throw).

Stunedge? IAD combo. This ain't streetfighter.

Stunedge? IAD combo. This ain't streetfighter.

You are right, this is not Street Fighter. In Street Fighter, you can jump over a fireball for a big punish. But this is GGAC, StunEdges got FRCs now, IADing over a StunEdge is liable to get yourself combo'ed.

how do i get my opponent pressured

I need to know: why you want to know this?

I think pressure is not necessary for Bridget to win. Mix-up, yes. Pressure, no. Continuous strings of mix-ups, not really. Generally I have to dedicate to one solid mix-up and if it's blocked then I, hopefully, reset w/ a tick throw or push them out w/ safe normals to a zoning scenario.

Again, pressure is not necessary. If pressure is a necessity for your gameplay than you should,sadly, try a different "zoning" char w/ good pressure e.g. TE,AX, DI

Bridget is a movement character, a lot like Chipp.

EDIT:

My question is against characters with a puff ball and stun edge as well as a move that goes under pokes, and also a fireball, behind the yo-yo to go for midscreen rolling when u dont have the pressure or tools neccesary to force or make them block any other way.

There are more ways to gain damage than 'forcing your opponent to block'. Most importantly it is: using 2S to punish your opponents escape (jump, backdash) and getting a full BnB. Second most important is: using your movement to punish in situations where other chars can't. air throws, running low profile, 4 jumps, fast run speed.

I need to know: why you want to know this?

I do run away a whole lot, and try to catch my opponent when there in situations where i could air throw, if they are tryin to escape something...the problem with air throws are though they do happen they happen rarely for me because players attack to cover there jump out(and are to high up to get hit with 6p).When running away people do evidently catch you, or air throw u before u get away and i tried to attack to cover my jump but sometimes i still get air thrown, and sometimes characters have things they can do at a distance that will benefit them once they get in, like jam can get all her symbols, orders sol can charge up, so when they evidently do get in it will be even harder to deal with there pressure, if the opponent your are facing does have the life lead then it will be important to find away to lock them down so you can put damage on them, can imagine doing your best to catch a fleeing millia rage?

And lol i was trying to run low profile, against ky but it doesnt work, like u mean run and do 2k to make there jump in whiff right?

Millia, chipp, and bridget are all movement characters, however chipp's pressure is an insanely better then both of them, and millia has techinques that allow her to move in without worry.

how do i get my opponent pressured

I need to know why you want to know this?

sometimes characters have things they can do at a distance that will benefit them once they get in, like jam can get all her symbols, orders sol can charge up, so when they evidently do get again

This is a completely valid answer. You are absolutely correct: It is important to RTSD against characters that get an advantage when you zone them. JA, MA, OS, RO, A.B.A.

I am glad to see such great discussion take place out of what I initially thought was disgruntled losing.

The best advice I can give is: Pressure is more about immobilizing your opponent than mixing your opponent up. If you throw them enough times, eventually they will eat meaty normals because they are afraid of Bridget's throw. The meaty normals will punish their escape.

Most importantly all frame traps you do, you want to make sure if the opponent blocks they only reset the situation.

Follow-ups after a blocked 2P (w/ yo yo behind each follow-up, it crazy advantageously extends pressure.)

#) Depending on distance it is advantageous to run after the 2P before the follow-up you choose.

1) 2P : resets 2P frame trap. beats lots of normals. Ok, on whiff.

2) 3P : beats lots of normals. Ok, on whiff. 3P>ksmh~P KD.

3) 2S : extends pressure with 2S>2K, punishes escape.

4) throw : forces the opponent to choose an 'escape route' the next time. KD

5) starship: has FRC, on block is + so you can run in 2K>2P reset. throw bait. punishes escape

thanks, i edited my last post btw, thanks alot baring with my mistyped posts...im gonna double read from now on, (im not to sure what rstd means jais xD)

in order to possibly get these frametraps, i need to just space enough where they will be forced to get hit by 2p if i need damage to gain the life advantage and to help prevent my opponent from making things more difficult from a far.If my opponent super jumps over my head, to avoid walking past the yo-yo midscreen...i will simply use my 4 jumps to get to the other side to reset the situation instead having to reset my yo-yo.

i noticed, a friend of mine, always seems to super jump instant airdash backward from roger rush midscreen and 6s doesnt meet his escape in time, do your believe roger rush isnt a great way to extend your pressure midscreen? I do the approciate strings to push him back into the yo-yo activate the bear and then he just jumps back away. Alot of players make the mistake of tryin to air dash forward toward bridget where they will meet an air throw, or 6p...but when they instant air dash back there nothing u really can do right?

Thanks for helping out everyone, i dont mind losing when i play against my community due to the fact that they all have had a whole shit load more time with guilty gear then i have had, however i do wanna improve and try to atleast provide as much as challenge as i can give them.And consistently improve my bridget the best way i can.I also realize that bridget is not the best or easiest character to win an entire match with....but it would be nice to win matches more consistently non-the-less.

im not to sure what rstd means jais xD

Radnor Township School District, duh. www.rtsd.org

when Google fails you, try Urban Dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RTSD

do your believe roger rush isnt a great way to extend your pressure midscreen?

It depends on how the opponent is reacting to situations, prior. If they are in 'block everything' mode, than it's good. If they are in 'jump everything' mode than it's not as effective as just a HSB.

When they instant air dash back there nothing u really can do, right?

If you are too far to tag a 6S than try running in with a 2S to try and punish them for moving after they land.

Jais, any new match vids of your bridget?

Only one,we all play lots out here but tourneys are few and far between.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LO52aniA7o

=D

EDIT. Sadly the batteries died before some amazing matches I had against Wuku and Digital Watches. The DW match was the most intense, crazy, technical, skilled, ect, match I've had in years. Possibly ever.

I almost perfected him both sets. Just utterly destroyed him, he didn't get a round. He had no life, I had full, last hit and it was over. He comes back that round w/ a 90% combo that reset into death. Then he proceeds to obliterate me all the way to the initial point where I almost beat him. Practically perfects. Absolute Final hit and I die. I late tech his reset .I then come back on him w/ no life when he has full, after not winning a round the last 3. It was insane. Burst baits, mad FRCs. Jump IB. Blocked overheads. That round mentally wore me out. So much respect.:china: People just had to be there, omg.

=D

:yaaay: Woot~! You gotta livestream like everyone else. Unless u go play with the Norcal fellas? Nonetheless, nice match.

On the Q&A aspect, I noticed that buri does KSMH at different speeds. How do u make HIM do that?

I noticed that buri does KSMH at different speeds. How do u make HIM do that?

Hold back or forwards to either slow down or speed up KSMH.

Oh okay thanks feri. I thought it was something along those lines.

=D

EDIT. Sadly the batteries died before some amazing matches I had against Wuku and Digital Watches. The DW match was the most intense, crazy, technical, skilled, ect, match I've had in years. Possibly ever.

I almost perfected him both sets. Just utterly destroyed him, he didn't get a round. He had no life, I had full, last hit and it was over. He comes back that round w/ a 90% combo that reset into death. Then he proceeds to obliterate me all the way to the initial point where I almost beat him. Practically perfects. Absolute Final hit and I die. I late tech his reset .I then come back on him w/ no life when he has full, after not winning a round the last 3. It was insane. Burst baits, mad FRCs. Jump IB. Blocked overheads. That round mentally wore me out. So much respect.:china: People just had to be there, omg.

Geez really? That sounds epic. Too bad u couldn't record it. Batteries never comply with hyped matches lol. But yeah, when buri gets hit, its over, especially to Axl's (Digital's axl at that) damn bombers.

i had no idea, u could do that xD

I'm still new to these terms and I understand 2D, but what is Starship?..

I'm sorry I never really memorized move names..

(Please correct me if my "terms" are wrong)

When I watch YT vids of Bridget, when they do

HS, 214K

They usually FD(Is that what it's called? The green guard thingy?)

Why do they do that?

I see, thanks.

I'm still new to these terms and I understand 2D, but what is Starship?..

I'm sorry I never really memorized move names...

623p

(Please correct me if my "terms" are wrong)

When I watch YT vids of Bridget, when they do

HS, 214K

They usually FD(Is that what it's called? The green guard thingy?)

Why do they do that?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3253

RushThatShitDown

Alex: one point of advantage to Buri which I haven't seen anyone spell-out for the this thread is the best benefits of Buri's movement.

Stalling.

LOADS of stalling.

Your movement is SOO good you only have to approach on the situation you feel like approaching on.

The CLOCK will give you a victory more than Pressure will.

As long as you have a life lead, you are better off running away and letting them try to get in: frustrated and chipped to death with little pokes. It's super effective.

Your opponents thoughts:"Well-shit! I can't get in... there is only like ~30 seconds on the clock. I need to RUSH"

This is when your opponent make the BIGGEST mistakes: Ugly air dashes, random reversals, "luck Supers" and stalling gave you this situation which you should be well equipped to take advantage of.

:eng101:

RushThatShitDown

Alex: one point of advantage to Buri which I haven't seen anyone spell-out for the this thread is the best benefits of Buri's movement.

Stalling.

LOADS of stalling.

Your movement is SOO good you only have to approach on the situation you feel like approaching on.

The CLOCK will give you a victory more than Pressure will.

As long as you have a life lead, you are better off running away and letting them try to get in: frustrated and chipped to death with little pokes. It's super effective.

Your opponents thoughts:"Well-shit! I can't get in... there is only like ~30 seconds on the clock. I need to RUSH"

This is when your opponent make the BIGGEST mistakes: Ugly air dashes, random reversals, "luck Supers" and stalling gave you this situation which you should be well equipped to take advantage of.

:eng101:

That makes alot of sense, however i do runaway more then anything when playing bridget, and after doing so against all my firends , people in my community have now gotten very accustomed to my run away tactics, and eventually do catch me, its not terribly hard to block mix-ups...but when theres like a frc throw situation alot of times u will get throw into damage, also....

ky has a jump possibly j.hs attack, where's he is at enough frame advantage to go for a throw or block string mix-up. Movement is cool and its fun, but not landing a hit, or your opponent not falling for your shennagins u have to find a way to put out some damage, so u can get them to make a mistake...i honestly think if i just keep playing the game more and more, and see what people generally fall for and find ways to get my opponent to run into things based on how often it happens when playing different players it will be easier for me.

its definitley not mindless gimmicks, like set a frog down(rachel) and you opponent is against the wall but not nearly enough to trap them with a lobelia+a, to then just start shooting out lobelia b's and adjust when neccesary with wind because your opponent is going to jump the frog obviously, they always try and jump the frog....which is why im really not liking what they have down to it in cs.

But what i havent been trying is, us 2s to get back dash escapes, i got to use 6s..but its to slow to use on a jump reaction type basis...such as a situation where u roger get from way high up, u have alot of options after this...on block...a combo on hit, and then some will try and jump it...i wait for all the options and noticed that 6s will not catch on a jump i see u in the air reaction basis.

If you opponent "catches" you, you were to predictable. =P Against those moves with huge frame advantage Like Ky's J.HS & ABA's J.HS you have three effective options. Jump, Instant block, jump out or 214K out. Jump, Slashback, J.K, doubleJump, J.S, J.2S Jump, Instant block, buri lands, opponent lands, Buri throws opponent. J.Starship is effective at certain Ranges too: ESPECIALLY when you have a HSB to cover yourself.

If you opponent "catches" you, you were to predictable. =P

Against those moves with huge frame advantage Like Ky's J.HS & ABA's J.HS you have three effective options.

Jump, Instant block, jump out or 214K out.

Jump, Slashback, J.K, doubleJump, J.S, J.2S

Jump, Instant block, buri lands, opponent lands, Buri throws opponent.

J.Starship is effective at certain Ranges too: ESPECIALLY when you have a HSB to cover your self.

You reply really fast i edited and proof-read my previous post and add some things.

It seems your saying that as a bridget player u need to implement the best ways out of an offensive while being on the defense, and punish more abuseable attack like that, can u use this same tactic on chip's j.hs, and sol's j.hs/j.dust? from my memory i feel recall chip's j.hs being a bit more diffcult to deal with then ky's j.hs because i know u can 6p ky atleast while i had alot of trouble doing so against chip..and u will never ever unless ur maybe ky' 6p'ing....anti aba j.hs.

Yeah. See, i always viewed bridget as an opportunistic character. He would play defense most of the match, but not in the traditional blocking sense, like Baiken. Buri would just run away, constantly playing keep away, and punishes bad movement/whiffed attacks by the opponent.

Yeah. See, i always viewed bridget as an opportunistic character. He would play defense most of the match, but not in the traditional blocking sense, like Baiken. Buri would just run away, constantly playing keep away, and punishes bad movement/whiffed attacks by the opponent.

the same cannot be said for Mugen T_T, that guy is so offensive

oh and lol at your avatar

the same cannot be said for Mugen T_T, that guy is so offensive

oh and lol at your avatar

In respect to Bridgets, yes, Mugen is offensively a beast. But even in his style, he plays the movement game alot like Jais pointed earlier about the difference between Ruu and Mugen. Bridgets just have to face the fact that you are not gonna be gungho rushdown in the same sense that Jam is.

But don't get me wrong, Bridget can play offense. If you have the upper hand on offense, you don't want to let go of that momentum right? Mugen's playstyle has him constantly zoning his opponents with the HSB resets and then he makes use of the opponents backing into a corner to set them up for a BnB or tick throws.

And hahaha thnx. If they ever get fany into the game, its over. Completes my whacky trio :keke:

yea you cant go rambo. If your opponent sees one mistake he can grab that opportunity and deliver your 20-30% dmg with an extra 30% more -_-. Along with movement, shouldn't getting a knockdown also be important to Bridgets game?

yea you cant go rambo. If your opponent sees one mistake he can grab that opportunity and deliver your 20-30% dmg with an extra 30% more -_-. Along with movement, shouldn't getting a knockdown also be important to Bridgets game?

Oh yeah of course. KD is a staple in most character's gameplan. Which brings out another question: Is there an ending or set-up that goes from Bridget's BnB to a knockdown?

Oh yeah of course. KD is a staple in most character's gameplan. Which brings out another question: Is there an ending or set-up that goes from Bridget's BnB to a knockdown?

the only i see bridget getting a knockdown from air combo bread and butters, would be through catching the opponent before they air dash away from the corner with an air throw.

I have three questions though

In videos i have been watchin recently, i seen many times ov3er, f.s into ksmh-p is that a frame trap inorder to catch opponents looking for you to 6set cancel off f.s?

In videos i havent seen any midscreen relyable oki set-ups off ksmh-p, would a 6set roger get set-up be relyable? and using 2s to catch an opponents escape?If so couldnt the opponent simply instant air toward u for both options

3p hits on non-counter, whats your next move?

Sign in to follow this