Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

Bear launches then you do 2S>6S>jc.S>j.2S>jc.S>j.2S

I've been starting it with 5K because it never dawned to me to start with 2S. Does 2S do more damage than starting off with 5K after the bear launch?

I've been starting it with 5K because it never dawned to me to start with 2S. Does 2S do more damage than starting off with 5K after the bear launch?

5k doesn't have any forced pro-ration so I would imagine it to do more with 5k. I'll try and test today if Jais doesn't get back to you. (If I land enough bear launches today XD)

Is there literally anything you can do against Chipps J.D other than 6P? Teleport J.d fucks me up royally.

Move is so gay.

5k doesn't have any forced pro-ration so I would imagine it to do more with 5k. I'll try and test today if Jais doesn't get back to you. (If I land enough bear launches today XD)

Thanks. Normally I'd test it out myself but the PS2 cable on my dual modded stick suddenly shit itself so I'm getting a new one made for me.

5K is better but it requires a dash buffer, which is probably too much for the learning process right now. Learning in steps is a lot better than all in. =P

Is there literally anything you can do against Chipps J.D other than 6P? Teleport J.d fucks me up royally.

Move is so gay.

jump into it IB and then you land nda PUNISH it with a throw.

jump into it IB and then you land nda PUNISH it with a throw.

Ok I'll try that next time I play him in August.

Seriously move is so stupid. KSMH~K, the Yo-Yo of the move was like level with Chipps face during his j.D and it hit me clean out with his damn face.

Also more of a general question, against different speed characters are some methods of Oki more viable than others? I've been playing today (I can finnaly feel the improvements in my gameplay, getting very happy with myself about it now) and realised that against Millia I've been having more luck with Punch Bear than Falling bear overall.

Your thoughts?

(Apologies for asking more questions :3 )

Everyone is roughly the same, waking up. What is Millia doing that Chipp isn't? What do you mean by "more luck"? Are you screwing up your falling bear due to the difference in wakeup speed between Chipp and Millia?

Everyone is roughly the same, waking up. What is Millia doing that Chipp isn't? What do you mean by "more luck"? Are you screwing up your falling bear due to the difference in wakeup speed between Chipp and Millia?

I'm not speaking about having any difference between Millia and Chipp in particular I'm just saying like how quickly the character can try to avoid the oki (Backdash or whatever)

I mean by more luck I've been having much better results with Punch bear pressure than falling against my local Millia.

Hello, just picked up Bridget about 2 months ago after many attempts of trying to find mains. Started with Sol (too straightforward), then to May (I suck with charge moves), and various others. After practicing and looking up info/videos during those 2 months, I feel I can hold my own against other decent players and now I'm trying to take steps into Bridget's advanced gameplay. With that in mind, I have a few questions:

1) Are there any notable moves to FRC that are really crucial to her gameplay? Having only my local arcade to practice means no training mode and I can't see which moves are FRC-able.

2) What uses does 214K have? Besides swinging around randomly which I found pretty fun and addicting.

3) Can you get by without using the yo-yo "Come-Back" glitch?

1) Are there any notable moves to FRC that are really crucial to her gameplay? Having only my local arcade to practice means no training mode and I can't see which moves are FRC-able.

2) What uses does 214K have? Besides swinging around randomly which I found pretty fun and addicting.

3) Can you get by without using the yo-yo "Come-Back" glitch?

1) FRC's i find very important, Starship, 2D, and the one i personally like is 421

2) 214k is amazing for getting out of situations, you can use it to combo, and keep your distance from enemys which is favorable for bridget

3) I had the same question as you. No, you do not need to use the come back glitch. Even at high level play people don't use it too much, look at Ruu and Jais. However the yoyo glitch can be a very nice assist and increase damage potential. One guy who abuses it is probably Mugen

EDIT: Why Jais doesn't abuse the yo yo glitch.

In order to use the glitch for damage a couple things need to be in order to safely ensure that Bridget can pull it off.

1) HSS_

2) HSB

3) Contact

If find it too unthreatening, as oki, b/c there is not enough KD time to cover escape options, reversals and swinging from the opponent. The KD time is barely enough to close the gap and then HSS_, let alone HSB and have the opponent still feel "threatened" enough to block. My point, not enough KD time unless it is ABA, Bridget or Robo-bobo to make it a solid oki.

I find it only possible to land the bug shenanigans by giving up damage for the chance at greater damage. Mugen will HSB and run back into the opponent and pressure instead of what I would do, taking the guaranteed damage you earned.

Mugen: HSS_, f.S>2S>HSB

Jais: HSS_ f.S>6S> HS, IAD.p>j.K>j.S>j.K> c.S(1)>KSMH~P

that is guaranteed damage and KD. Bridget has an incredible mix-up game and my game play excels from that way more than resets. Mugen throws in 2S as to visually stimulate the opponent into thinking they shouldn't jump out of the reset, he 'reminds' the opponent about that move.

I play a little more methodical but then again that gets opponents comfortable w/ my Oki. It is all a matter of preference. If it is RK and he has no meter or Eddie I will bug pressure oki b/c their options are kinda limited So, it's very situational as well. You should definitely *learn* the bug stuff but I wouldn't intentionally make it the corner stone of your game until you have the Bridget Basics down to a T. Have fun and good good luck ^^

PS Byron is awesome. <3

What characters would Bridget have trouble fighting when you are pure zoning them?

Since we all know bridget has terrible up close and her pokes/mobility is her saving grace

What characters would Bridget have trouble fighting when you are pure zoning them?

Since we all know bridget has terrible up close and her pokes/mobility is her saving grace

I would say Testies, the god of the meta-range game would be one. Especially with his broke forward EXE and nice range. Although he has kinda bad recovery on alot of his attacks or they are active for too long so you can usually punish him for it.

Also don't pure zone I-no. Cuz if you aren't keeping her in check she's forcing shit down your throat. Although there mayn opportunities where using zoning moves like 6S and 2S can be great against I-no, especially when she note summons or HCL/VCL.

you think axl might also be a bit of trouble? He kinda destroys our range, and even with our mobility is anti airs are so godly.

Counter zoning characters - characters that gain advantage when you zone them

Hos - Charge

Jam - cards

May - Hoops

These are also the chars that can touch of death you w/ guardbar -_-

you think axl might also be a bit of trouble? He kinda destroys our range, and even with our mobility is anti airs are so godly.

From what I learnt at a tourney in June, Axl isn't too bad to zone against with bears providing your full screen and airborne, poking is in his favour though.

What uses does 214K have?

Aside from whats been mentioned its what gives Bridgets his strong mobility the way he can use it to technically have 4 jump options.

What uses does 214K have?

Can also be used to mixup, particularly in the corner.

blahblahblahblah, KSMH~P, (YES OKI TIME!!), set4, dash-in, 2k, 2ppp, wait a sec... wtf, my 2k just got wake-up thrown.....

why do I always get wake-up thrown out of 2k on oki, is it because of my timing? or should I use a different normal? i know 5k never gets wake-up thrown for me......

am I.... too close?!?!:vbang:

why do I always get wake-up thrown out of 2k on oki, is it because of my timing? or should I use a different normal? i know 5k never gets wake-up thrown for me......

2k is not a good meaty -_-. Most likely you are to close and 2k gets dp by almost everything except for vapor thrust. I think 5k would be better, at least when you hit them you can hit them again for the 4 set to get fully behind them

HS callback is the absolute best meaty

2P is the best reversal safe meaty( normal).

2S is the best meaty ( to prevent movement )

Just making sure. Roger Get is the move where he falls to the ground sliding right?

Yes ^^

HSS_# 421+HS

I have been thinking, but i wonder if this would help in bridgets lets say game.

Picking colors that make yo-yo color very similar to the background. Would this help you in anyway? Ex- picking verdent with christmas color bridget. the yo-yo is green and it the middle of battle it is pretty hard to see where the yo-yo is placed

Sign in to follow this