Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

I have been thinking, but i wonder if this would help in bridgets lets say game.

Picking colors that make yo-yo color very similar to the background. Would this help you in anyway? Ex- picking verdent with christmas color bridget. the yo-yo is green and it the middle of battle it is pretty hard to see where the yo-yo is placed

Sounds wicked dirty but pretty legit. I think the only issue is when your opponent random selects the stage.

Edited by Jais

I have been thinking, but i wonder if this would help in bridgets lets say game.

Picking colors that make yo-yo color very similar to the background. Would this help you in anyway? Ex- picking verdent with christmas color bridget. the yo-yo is green and it the middle of battle it is pretty hard to see where the yo-yo is placed

It's an awesome idea but the string still glistens and reveals it's location. Your best bet is to move the yo up off screen to hide/confuse/scare the opponent.

On this note - Martini olive yo yo is tight :D

Edited by Jais

I'm noticing that during my matches where I am completely on the defensive (from being knocked down to just flat-out blocking), I have no answer to their offense except Starship (and that can only get me so far) and some not so perfect Rollings if i have a yoyo out. I'm just wondering is there anything else I can do to escape pressure aside from what I'm currently using?

I'm noticing that during my matches where I am completely on the defensive (from being knocked down to just flat-out blocking), I have no answer to their offense except Starship (and that can only get me so far) and some not so perfect Rollings if i have a yoyo out. I'm just wondering is there anything else I can do to escape pressure aside from what I'm currently using?

Try FD'ing them away and then escaping w/ 1F jump, backdash or counterpoke but at high level you'll wanna Instant block, first and foremost.

then depending on the situation

air throw

backdash

1f jump

slashback

2K ( low profile something )

Ty for the previous replies.

Some more questions.

I've been fighting a couple of Chipp's lately and most, if not all, have no trouble destroying me. So far this is what I'm facing against and what I'm doing about it:

-I find myself toe-to-toe with them ALOT while being unable to zone them out.

-If I try to go on the offense, his moves are somehow outprioritizing mine. (This is my fault for lack of knowledge)

-I've started limiting use of 6S as I hate the recovery on it.

And that's it.....is there anything else I can do against this speed freak?

EDIT: Whooops, sorry. Did not see that there was a Bridget Match-up thread already up.

Edited by Raptor

How do a Bridget players do tk j.236h without super jumping while the yo yo is already out? :psyduck:

Edited by Jais

How do a Bridget players do tk j.236h without super jumping while the yo yo is already out? :psyduck:

HSS_#, 214K~HS

HSS_#, 21[4]K~HS

Edited by Jais

how do you do bridget quad jump? i know the input is 214 k~s with yo yo out but somehow that not working out for me, is it like faust's j. 2k fdc cancel or tighter?

Edited by Jais

how do you do bridget quad jump? i know the input is 214 k~s with yo yo out but somehow that not working out for me, is it like faust's j. 2k fdc cancel or tighter?

HSS_#, 21[4][K]~[P]

P v S it doesn't matter, P is easier for me on stick. The idea is to hold the last inputs so the game reads an FD instead of an attack.

look back I edited my previous response for more clarification <3

and YAY good questions :D

Edited by Jais

I believe I know your next questions cause you're being awesome n_n

How do I roll while using a buffered yo-yo?

HSS_#, [HSB], 2146+K

HSS_#, [HSB], 214~n~K

How do I quad jump while using a buffered yo-yo?

HSS_#, [HSB], 21[4]~n~[K]~[P]

How do I roll into tk Razor while using a buffered yo-yo?

HSS_#, [HSB], 214~n~K~]HS[

Edited by Jais

how do I 2D frc run 5k, etc?

I just can't seem to buffer the run correctly between the FRC and 5K.

Is it:

2D, 6, frc, 6, 5k etc.

??

Is it:

2D, 6, frc, 6, 5k etc.

??

i usually do 2D,66 frc 5k. 6 before the frc and 6 on the frc Works for me 90% of the time, except heavy chars it gets really tight where i just do 2d frc 5k

Is it:

2D, 6, frc, 6, 5k etc.

??

short answer - training more

long answer - see below XD

My exact input

2S~2D>6+K+S+HS, [6]~4+K

Good luck!

Are there any tips on setting yoyo in your block strings against Order-Sol?

I can't do sets off of 2p xN, 5s, set# since OS's forcebreak punishes it.

I believe the only safe set is:

2pxN, 2s, set# (ONLY IF THEY DON'T IB 2s!!! :/)

and

2pxN, 2s, jc, j.set#

Or is the only answer is not to set in your block string if he has meter

Are there any tips on setting yoyo in your block strings against Order-Sol?

I can't do sets off of 2p xN, 5s, set# since OS's forcebreak punishes it.

I believe the only safe set is:

2pxN, 2s, set# (ONLY IF THEY DON'T IB 2s!!! :/)

and

2pxN, 2s, jc, j.set#

Or is the only answer is not to set in your block string if he has meter

If your OS is always Fafnir, you can always jumpcancel a 2S and get a landing CH 2S combo

2P,2P,2P will stuff fafnir

You could always IB it and then punish with 2D>FRC> B&B

Your problem is more of a problem of conditioning.

You need to make your opponent AFRAID to swing before you yo-yo in their face.

Does instant j.p hit crouching opponents? Or maybe only during blocking? Is it character specific?

I see videos where Punching bear (236h) is hitting blocked crouching opponents, and Bridget would j.p the instant they leave the ground hitting the crouched opponent.

Can someone write input of all glitchy bears that you can make and glitch loop? Does it looks something like that [hs], ]hs[, during 1-2 frames 214 (for Razor bear),

hs

Can someone write input of all glitchy bears that you can make and glitch loop? Does it looks something like that [hs], ]hs[, during 1-2 frames 214 (for Razor bear),

hs

The principle idea

HSS_#, HSB ( must be buffered, at minimum, until Bridget's HSB animtation is over ), HSR~HSB

HSS_#, HSB, 214+HSR( to negative edge the special )~HSB

HSS_#, HSB, 236+HSR( to negative edge the special )~HSB

HSS_#, HSB, 421+HSR( to negative edge the special )~HSB

End up making one for you :)

Jagged.gif

Wow, srsly, thank you!!! And you MADE IT Yourself <3333 aaaaw

I'm looking into getting a tattoo and you just helped! Ill never forget.

GAH! I love everyone here in the Bridget ( especially excelence!! haha )

I'm not too sure I'm playing Bridget right. I was playing some games with a friend of mine, and he normally plays Johnny and Potemkin. I got into the heat of the moment and started complaining about the stuff Johnny could do, so he switch to his crazy Heavenly Buster spamming Potemkin, and after a few wins, he decides to troll me and pick Bridget, who he's never even played before. To my surprise though, he beat me then too. I would press f.S and he would be just outside my range, then he would hit f.S and hit me into a short combo. He said something about just being good at spacing normals, and then he told me that "Sitting outside an opponents range and just poking with long range normals is probably Buri's style." Is that really true? Also, are Johnny and Potemkin really match ups in Bridget's favor? If it helps any, my friend is Destruction_adv if any of you have played him.

Poking with long range normal isn't the only thing Bridget can do, he has excellent mobilities and Yoyo setup ... use it to annoy your opponent and counter their advances.

For the match up as far as i can remember, Johnny is pretty even match up, i wouldn't play the poking games games thought, as he haves pretty much the same ideal range with Bridget and he outdamages Bridget with every hit, abuse the yoyo to poke him out and footsies.

In Potemkin case, yep it is in Bridget favor, but don't be too overconfident with your pokes it's only 2 fuck up max before you're done, watch out for Heavenly buster :3

Sign in to follow this