Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

Question:

How do I reliably do a roll while delaying my callback? Is it even possible? whenever I have [H] held down and I press 214K I inevitably just FD in place instead of rolling. Basically I want to use the yoyo to cover the initial frames of the roll before I attack and/or set up a basic frametrap. Should I just be doing [H] and airdashing into an attack instead?

Question:

How do I reliably do a roll while delaying my callback? Is it even possible? whenever I have [H] held down and I press 214K I inevitably just FD in place instead of rolling. Basically I want to use the yoyo to cover the initial frames of the roll before I attack and/or set up a basic frametrap. Should I just be doing [H] and airdashing into an attack instead?

yes, you can buffer the yo yo and do a roll at the same time. There is 1 of 2 choices you can do

1) 2145 K

or

2) 21456K

Is Bridget's FB Roger Rush totally useless?

FB Roger rush has great stagger time, giving you enough time to do anything you want, really :psyduck:

It can be glitched into mid-combo, if you're referring to having a hard time hitting with it.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm a Robo player, and his oki game revolves around his bazooka (236S) into a running jump mixup. Can Bridget's 236D be used effectively for an oki setup, in a similar fashion to Robo's 236S?

Edit: Thanks for the replies, I'm using it occasionally now as an alternative to attempting unblockable setups.

Can Bridget's 236D be used effectively for an oki setup, in a similar fashion to Robo's 236S?

Unless the yo yo is already out and where you need it to be...technically no unless the person doesnt know a thing about Bridget and his oki.

But there are 2 exceptions...maybe:

1) 2D FRC , 5 set, FB Roger Rush....the only problem with this one is that if its midscreen, the person gets pushed away after the 1st or 2nd hit, so you have to compensate for that

2) (some combo) into KSMH P, 5 set, FB Roger Rush...and this is in the corner....and im not even 100% sure about that one

outside of that...nope.

Can Bridget's 236D be used effectively for an oki setup, in a similar fashion to Robo's 236S?

Summarized answer.

Generally, your not going to get many KSMH p Knockdowns in the corner that will allow you to be able to 5 set FB roger. Trying to do it outside of those circumstances is not effective and most likely not possible + other better options existing.

In depth.

Its not in the least bit similar, unfortunately. Almost all mix-ups that would begin with a HSS# then a Roger move off a KD (not including 2d frc) will be avoidable Mid screen. People mentioned that you can buffer FB Roger Rush into combos, an unlikely occurrence, much like corner glitch infinites.

Secondly, Roger Rush (non FB version) is far more suitable for RJ low ad/drop mix-ups (Mid screen) - In my experience.

If you play the bugged version (just jump and see if Bridget can do j.5set/HSS_5 which is the close set in the air) then use FB roger midscreen/corner not as mixups but as a defensive/offensive zoning tool. Air throw people into it when they try to avoid it. Its what the FB should be IMO.

I hope I've helped you somewhat :keke:

Edit : It was answered while I was delaying the sending of this post, not quick enough I guess. I'm not surprised that we have the exact same thoughts on it. Your suggestion of 2d frc > dash > FB roger is a meaty but its just better to just 6 set > MAMKM if your gonna spend that much.

Is Bridget's FB Roger Rush totally useless?

there is no gap-less setup without 2D -> FRC, counter hit KSMH~P, or MAMKM for knockdown. There are ways to do it off normal setups, but it requires that the yoyo is either out and already positioned where it needs to be, or you managed to end your combo extremely close to the opponent (close enough to get set5, buffer, 2P out and still meaty them).

in other words, here's the go-to method: knockdown, set1, dash in 2P-2P-S(c/f)(or something similar) -> 236D, go do your low airdash/fuzzy guard mixup from there (corner). There's a hole in this setup, but you can change the string to have the hole somewhere else through use of the glitch, ie: 2P-2P-S(c/f) -> buffer, release buffer -> 236D. You can also do silly stuff with this like buffer, release buffer -> 623H, 236D. You can also do something like buffer, 3P -> release -> 236H/D (CH = bear combo). The gap can go anywhere, really, even buffering like 2P -> buffer, 2P-S(c/f) -> glitch 236H/D after setting it behind them with set6

The GOOD thing about 236D is that unlike the other bear, 236D doesn't move toward you all that quickly. It also stays out longer, giving you more time to get some garanteed fuzzy guard once they are blocking it.

What I've been having fun with recently is (point blank knockdown), set5, jump forward cancel into 214D just off the ground. Gives you enough time to do low airdash mixup, with some added benefits (like staying out even if you get hit, so it'll trade with DP's). You can also set it up in the corner like, set5, dash 2P/2K-S© -> JC forward into 214D. You can also use glitch with set6, jump forward -> buffer, 214D -> release, but this is more of a trap than anything else (you time the release after doing 214D so that it comes out right in front of them)

I suppose this is a dumb question, but I'm out of the loop on this one. Where did the nickname "buri-chan" come from with Bridget? And what, if anything, is it supposed to mean?

I know chan is like a...suffix for affection...something like that...but I don't know about the buri part.

I suppose this is a dumb question, but I'm out of the loop on this one. Where did the nickname "buri-chan" come from with Bridget? And what, if anything, is it supposed to mean?

I know chan is like a...suffix for affection...something like that...but I don't know about the buri part.

Buri/ブリ is the way japanesse pronounce "Bri" a short nick for Bridget ... Chan is a japanesse suffix, so might as well keep the original pronounciation as it is :)

alright i have a ques im pretty good bridget and can beat most comps on manic but the thing i have trouble with is Frc how do u get really good at it and in options u can put frc easy on shoul i?

alright i have a ques im pretty good bridget and can beat most comps on manic but the thing i have trouble with is Frc how do u get really good at it and in options u can put frc easy on shoul i?

Go to training mode, turn on input. When the FRC point appears the input will flash WHITE(Thnx Excelence). You can use this for practice. then just practice, practice, practice. Good Luck =D

the timming is when the flash was white actualy

"-chan" isn't gender-specific, if that's what you're implying.

"cute" form is more accurate

Hey...sorry for asking this...but does Jagged Roger still eats up Eddie's drill and Sol's Gun Flame on AC?

Yes and yes

Its used more as a term to show affection or endearment.

I started thinking about this recently..and it sorta makes me wonder why i didnt think about it before (or at least ask about it)...but i suppose thats not important right this minute

Can a rolling idou be used as a replacement to a 1f jump or is there something prevents it from acting as such? (i.e startup or something along those lines)

To set up a scenario in order to better phrase the question....we all know about Potemkin's slidehead~heat~aegis loop...the way to get outta that is to 1f jump it (or burst, DAA, SB, blah blah blah)...can Bridget's roll work here too? In the past, ive used it here and had it work, but i dunno if that was due to a bad aegis on potemkin's part or b/c it actually works....and i havent seen a vid where i see a 1f jump but also hear "that sound" when Bridget rolls

Can a rolling idou be used as a replacement to a 1f jump or is there something prevents it from acting as such? (i.e startup or something along those lines)

No. Here's why. 1F jump leaves the ground on frame 1, Roll has start-up.

As far as the "dash splitting" undertone of the roll, When you dash split it allows you to leave the ground faster than a regular jump yes, but there is still a height where you have to reach in order to do a movement action ( IAD height) and dash splitting allows you to minimize the time it takes to reach that height.

This makes me wanna try 1F IAD combo's.

1) What are Bridget's better advantages?

2) Does Bridget have Aerial Unblockables (moves than cannot be blocked while the opponent is in air unless it's FD'd)?

3) What are Bridget's biggest disadvantages besides dealing and receiving damage?

4) Is there a practical way to approach opponents in general with Bridget?

1) What are Bridget's better advantages?

Movement, by far. Bridget has to move to run away , to counter, and to punish, to zone. Specifically, Roll, KSMH, FD break, 4 jumps, stalling air momentum w/ yo-yo shenanigans.

2) Does Bridget have Aerial Unblockables (moves than cannot be blocked while the opponent is in air unless it's FD'd)?

No, jumping and FD'ing is a way to avoid UB on the ground.

3) What are Bridget's biggest disadvantages besides dealing and receiving damage?

Scaling.

4) Is there a practical way to approach opponents in general with Bridget?

Yep, the "archetypes" for Buri are

1) f.S~HSS,f.S~HS, f.S~6S

2) Razor Bear on the ground and 6P their jump in over the bear.

3) Roger Hug and tag their jump away with a normal

4) HSS_6,wait. If they run in see #1 above, if they IAD in see #2 above.

Sign in to follow this