Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

Poking with long range normal isn't the only thing Bridget can do, he has excellent mobilities and Yoyo setup ... use it to annoy your opponent and counter their advances.

For the match up as far as i can remember, Johnny is pretty even match up, i wouldn't play the poking games games thought, as he haves pretty much the same ideal range with Bridget and he outdamages Bridget with every hit, abuse the yoyo to poke him out and footsies.

In Potemkin case, yep it is in Bridget favor, but don't be too overconfident with your pokes it's only 2 fuck up max before you're done, watch out for Heavenly buster :3

Thanks for your input, I just started learning Bridget, so I don't know very much about how to play the character, so this information is valuble to me. I do think I could use a bit more match up information, but I know this isn't the place to ask. I don't think anyone will mind since Accent Core's days are almost over if I post a vs. Johnny or vs. Potemkin match-up thread. Potemkin especially, I don't really like having to play differently to avoid his overly long reach Potemkin Buster.

Can I ask some questions about #Reload Bridget:

1. Is Bridget middle tier in #Reload? Is she that good? I saw she was bottom tier in AccentCore so I thought she would be like that in #Reload too. If it's real, no more excuse for me :vbang:

2. How to deal with these opponents to whom I often lose:

-Sol: very popular and annoying too. And when it comes to Dustloop, I lose about 60% health.

-Venom: also popular, I hate his crotch and balls ;) And he has some annoying AA normal like 6HS.

-Ky: I can't stand those stupid stun edges :(

-Millia: I can't react to any of her okizeme, they're so damn confusing.

-Testament: I don't even want to mention about him. :scared:

3. What are some good mix-up. I know in AC she got Roger Get and auto yoyo and others. But in Reload the only overhead options are rolls and dash. I want to use 6K but it's too slow and cost 50% just to combo out of it with some crap damage. I'd rather use Me and My Killing machine OD for better damage.

4. Does she have Unblockable?

5. Okizeme? This is my okizeme. KD --> Roger Rush ---> Jump back and forward to cross up ---> it's good but so predictable and is the only one I have. :vbang:

6. General questions: How to deselect character? And what's the different between lockdown and rushdown (Venom & Millia)? I don't get it.

Sorry if I have any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language. And P/S: Bridget section looks so dead. Does she the least used character in GG? O_O

Can I ask some questions about #Reload Bridget:

1. Is Bridget middle tier in #Reload? Is she that good? I saw she was bottom tier in AccentCore so I thought she would be like that in #Reload too. If it's real, no more excuse for me :vbang:

2. How to deal with these opponents to whom I often lose:

-Sol: very popular and annoying too. And when it comes to Dustloop, I lose about 60% health.

-Venom: also popular, I hate his crotch and balls ;) And he has some annoying AA normal like 6HS.

-Ky: I can't stand those stupid stun edges :(

-Millia: I can't react to any of her okizeme, they're so damn confusing.

-Testament: I don't even want to mention about him. :scared:

3. What are some good mix-up. I know in AC she got Roger Get and auto yoyo and others. But in Reload the only overhead options are rolls and dash. I want to use 6K but it's too slow and cost 50% just to combo out of it with some crap damage. I'd rather use Me and My Killing machine OD for better damage.

4. Does she have Unblockable?

5. Okizeme? This is my okizeme. KD --> Roger Rush ---> Jump back and forward to cross up ---> it's good but so predictable and is the only one I have. :vbang:

6. General questions: How to deselect character? And what's the different between lockdown and rushdown (Venom & Millia)? I don't get it.

Sorry if I have any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language. And P/S: Bridget section looks so dead. Does she the least used character in GG? O_O

Bridget is B tier in Reloead. That Good? - Yes. Punch Bear is over powered. You'll want to spam that. I personally think she's better in AC than #R b/c of options but for sheer 'performance relative to the cast' she's "better" in #R. Her air B&B does loads more damage and Punch Bear is amazing. OOh and starship frc is incredible.

Sol -

Venom - you can jump in on him 'straight down above his head' - he has no AA besides air throw ( and for #R online - that's difficult )

Ky - jump and flashblock them! You get all your jump options back :) and you can 2K under stunedge. And you can Starship > FRC.

#R Bridget is not mix-up heavy. She is movement punish heavy. So snag ppl jumping, snag ppl trying to escape. HSS_6, f.S > HS > run in 2D > FRC > bread and butter

6P all jump ins. Throw punch bear until they jump at you and then 6P ? Bread and Butter them.

UB! - no. BUT you can always do the fire wheel super after KD and do a landing low/airdash mix-up. AEGIS REFLECTOR.

5 - your OKI is good! Cause really, you're building guardbar! So when you nail that boring B&B it'll do like 70% damage. Ppl try and escape after the bear leaves. You can snag combos form opponents movement.

6- lockdown/rushdown . umm...lockdown is used for cyclic repetitive rushdown. You can usually - FD, CH trade, or starship to stop these loops. E.g. Venom running c.S(1)>c.S(2) > vertical carcass raid

Looking at the matchup thread, there is this section at the bottom for each character:

IAD combo - Check or not

SJI combo - Lift, c.S(1)~SJI~f.S~6S~sj.B&B

can someone explain these?

what is the IAD combo this refers to and how do you set it up?

I don't really understand the SJI combo, what is lift?

Some additional questions:

What is a good way to set up the killing machine super; can you combo into it?

I read the unblocks thread, but what are his go-to UB's that I should learn first? (the corner knockdown with KSMH~P~7set just gets me dragon punched.)

:BR:

Looking at the matchup thread, there is this section at the bottom for each character:

IAD combo - Check or not

SJI combo - Lift, c.S(1)~SJI~f.S~6S~sj.B&B

can someone explain these?

what is the IAD combo this refers to and how do you set it up?

I don't really understand the SJI combo, what is lift?

Some additional questions:

What is a good way to set up the killing machine super; can you combo into it?

I read the unblocks thread, but what are his go-to UB's that I should learn first? (the corner knockdown with KSMH~P~7set just gets me dragon punched.)

:BR:

The IAD combo is a way to extend Bridget's ground combo damage after a HS callback versus standing opponent.s, the thing is that it isn't possible against everyone b/c some opponents are shorter than others.

e.g. ... f.S > HS, IAD j.P> j.K > j.S > j.K v c.S(1) xx KSMH~P

Super Jump Install Combo, this listed combo, is the most damaging combo discovered, after a 2D~FRC

Killing Machine Set-ups

*throw, HSS_5, Killing Machine

*KSMH~P, HSS_6, Killing Machine

*2D, HSS_6, Killing Machine

Unblock setups, goto.

midscreen - 2D~FRC, j.HSS_5, RogerGet, falling j.k

corner - KSMH~P~7set...8 jump > flowchart

These are the best because you have the option to jump and block while the bear descends, so even if they dragon punch you are blocking ( and can therefore punish ) and if they do not dragon punch, then you can react do a falling normal for the unblockable. There IS a hole, yes, but it's an airthrow hole and certainly not a dragon punch hole.

Keep at it! :D Bridget is a very fun one to learn, and thanks for the questions!

Thanks for the response, I intend to keep at it even though my win% dropped off at first (totally expected), it's starting to level out again.

The BNB combos into 2D FRC don't seem to leave me in range for a c.S or even 5k, but if i do IAD (whatever) > land > 5P > 2D FRC the range seems about right.

Are there any other setups I can use into 2D FRC that will leave me in range to attempt the SJI combo?

Thanks for the response, I intend to keep at it even though my win% dropped off at first (totally expected), it's starting to level out again.

The BNB combos into 2D FRC don't seem to leave me in range for a c.S or even 5k, but if i do IAD (whatever) > land > 5P > 2D FRC the range seems about right.

Are there any other setups I can use into 2D FRC that will leave me in range to attempt the SJI combo?

You'll have to buffer the run out of the FRC :eng101:

try 2D K+S+HS+6~[6]

if you are too far away you'll probably have to do 66 5K>6S>super jump combo or 5K>6P>6S>super jump combo - not optimal but it's because you're too far away and have to compensate

Edited by Jais

*snip ...

#R Bridget is not mix-up heavy. She is movement punish heavy. So snag ppl jumping, snag ppl trying to escape. HSS_6, f.S > HS > run in 2D > FRC > bread and butter

6P all jump ins. Throw punch bear until they jump at you and then 6P ? Bread and Butter them...

Ic what u did there....

The point I'm trying to get across might be hard to get, but I'll try to explain it. Basically, I want to play Bridget (I'm new to GG), but the only concern I have is the fact that I use pad. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I'm afraid that you might have to hold HS (which is O for me) while doing combos.

As I said, I'm a beginner, so I'm not entirely too sure if Bridget ever needs to hold HS while comboing, or if you only really throw it into combos by pushing it once (i.e. [with yoyo behind opponent] 2K> c.S (2)> HS> xxx as opposed to [with yoyo behind opponent] 2K + Hold HS> c.S (2) + release HS> xxx). If I have to hold HS, it might be pretty hard to combo while pushing multiple button in succession with only my thumb. If anybody could please give me some insight on this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The point I'm trying to get across might be hard to get, but I'll try to explain it. Basically, I want to play Bridget (I'm new to GG), but the only concern I have is the fact that I use pad. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I'm afraid that you might have to hold HS (which is O for me) while doing combos.

As I said, I'm a beginner, so I'm not entirely too sure if Bridget ever needs to hold HS while comboing, or if you only really throw it into combos by pushing it once (i.e. [with yoyo behind opponent] 2K> c.S (2)> HS> xxx as opposed to [with yoyo behind opponent] 2K + Hold HS> c.S (2) + release HS> xxx). If I have to hold HS, it might be pretty hard to combo while pushing multiple button in succession with only my thumb. If anybody could please give me some insight on this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For what it's worth :eng101:

Bridget has some of the easier combos to execute in the game, her only learning curve is timing of FRC's all the rest is simple gatlings and jump cancels; not many links, not many delay gatlings, not much abahre to force into an akward ( but awesome ) combo that requires creativity. So from a pure input perspective - her and Anji are very easy to pick up. Optimizing is a different story ( crouching vs standing combos, meter management, yo yo management, etc. ) but for simple "getting started" , always combo for most damaging with respect to resourceful tension usage and you'll have better results ( more wins vs beginner players on your similar skill level )

. e.g. 2D FRC/RC combos, use lots of punch bear, Use lots of CH 2S > 6S jump combos, etc. and these inputs are all very simple

That being said, yes - buffering hardslash is a big part of her game, but I found that playing a pad was very easy if I hold the pad in an unconventional manner. This also worked really well for Tekken on pad, which was to use my pointer, middle and ring fingers on the face of the pad - much like an arcade stick. Mapping Dust to L1 and badda boom badda bing, all is easy peasy especially FRCs and button buffering.

Hope this helps!

PS: I'll move this thread/post to the Q&A thread after you've read it, glad you're playing Bridget and good luck!

Edited by Jais

Thank you very much Jais, I appreciate it. However, I ended up just yesterday coming across a stick from a friend of mine. Now I just have to get used to it (practicing on Blazblue since that's the game I'm most familiar with). Then I can finally get to practicing Bridget for reals :D. That being said, what is the standard button layout for GG, if any exist? For instance, for BB (if I'm not mistaken), the standard button layout (or at least one of them) has A as the first button on the top row, B as the second, C on the third, and D is the first button on the second row. Is there anything like this for GG? Thank you in advance.

Edited by Jais

Thank you very much Jais, I appreciate it. However, I ended up just yesterday coming across a stick from a friend of mine. Now I just have to get used to it (practicing on Blazblue since that's the game I'm most familiar with). Then I can finally get to practicing Bridget for reals :D. That being said, what is the standard button layout for GG, if any exist? For instance, for BB (if I'm not mistaken), the standard button layout (or at least one of them) has A as the first button on the top row, B as the second, C on the third, and D is the first button on the second row. Is there anything like this for GG? Thank you in advance.

You move fast! Ha. good going

and yep there is, this is how all arcades are layed out, by default

K-S-HS

P-R-D

Edited by Jais

Sorry for the late ass response, but is R respect?

Yes it is.

Please note that some players disable it as they tend to accidentally press it when playing.

It is not that much of an important button in GG except for a few characters that can use Respect as a feint but I don't think it is Bridget's case. Could another member confirm it or not, thanks! Should it not be that important in his game and especially should it bother you, do not hesitate to disable it.

Though don't put Dust near Punch ! Keep the layout Jais mentioned, only with Respect being a blank button instead !

K-S-HS

P-X-D

where X button has no function.

Have fun learning both playing on an arcade stick and playing with Buri desu yo, good luck and courage, do not give up (^_^)b

Edited by Jais

recently i played someone who played buri as a zoner. ive been used to yoyo pull pull and roger to keep close pressure and generally use him only on the ground (i only know good aerials for jo). Is there a guide for playing him as a zoner or with heavy emphasis aerials? i feel really limited now =/

Edited by Jais

recently i played someone who played buri as a zoner. ive been used to yoyo pull pull and roger to keep close pressure and generally use him only on the ground (i only know good aerials for jo). Is there a guide for playing him as a zoner or with heavy emphasis aerials? i feel really limited now =/

Any great player will have the ability to deploy a specific playstyle against different opponent characters ( e.g. Jam and Eddie ) and against different opponent players ( e.g Mike Z, raekw0n187 )

That said, zoning is not always your best option, but certainly, yes, it is necessary to be able to apply it properly when it is your best option ( e.g. Potemkin )

I have sections in my match-up breakdowns about how to zone specific character opponents - you'll love that

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3266-AC-Bridget-Match-Ups-FAQ

Lastly, this video can help you out loads too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&hl=ja&v=vs2UuSoj9RE

Edited by Jais

So, +R is here and I'm trying to get a bit more into GG and things. I'm having trouble figuring out all of Bridget's air options though, like how you get the extra jumps using 214K or how Ruu just bounces a couple times to stay at the top of the screen, how the instant overheads using 214k go etc.

Basically, how to you use 214K to get all of those options?

Anne!

Sooooooo

I'll start & let someone else elaborate.

214K is the rolling special move. (Idou?) You can do two of them once you leave the ground. They home towards the yo-yo & can only be done when the yo-yo is set. If you roll when you are already on the yo-yo, you will be repelled upwards. and to force yourself to be repelled upwards at any position on the screen you want to Kara-cancel Idou into a faultless-Defend.

21[4K]~S. Hold back+kick then immediately and briefly tap another attack (NOT DUST).

Jais calls this a "pop-cancel" and in most neutral/zoning/run-away situations, it act's as another jump. This gives Buri (2) Jump options + (2) Idou options.

Last thing I will add is, If you air block something, you get jump options restored. (+1) jump option

& potentially (+1/+2) Idous. I'll need a BURI player to confirm this

On that note, Instant blocking SIGNIFICANTLY reduces block-stun in the sir, so rely on that when you plan to restore air options and drop on the deck and flop like a fish

Edited by Kyle

Thanks Kyle, I got that down pretty quick ^_^ I'm going to be hanging around this thread a lot btw, still have loads of questions and keep dropping stuff and having people escape oki ;_;

Escaping Oki is rough. Try HSS_6 then a 2S on their wakeup.

When the 2s hits you can jump cancel combo for the high jumpers or you can HS callback into running jump combo on the regulars.

Jais confirmed it:

one air block (preferably an Instant Block) restores (1) Jump option + (2) Idou options

Sign in to follow this