Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jinkakusha

Double Butterfly

Ive gotten down Anji's whole feel of play but I'm wanting to make my play-style more...smexy. Ive seen the double butterfy done before but im not sure exactly when to input the second butterfly. Anyone care to help Ol'Jink out? :)

When you closely observe shitsu, you see that the blue butterfly 'disappears' from the screen when it hits the opponent and turns into falling eagle. That 1(or 2) frame moment is when you do second shitsu.

If you do a Shitsu directly after a regular grab, the second shitsu is as soon as you recover from the first. So, Throw, Shitsu, Shitsu as soon as possable should work. I recommend this when opponent is in corner... or VS Pot.

Thanks guys, ill be trying to get that down. I was looking at some videos of Lime-key and figured the double shitsu would be amazing if used right....oh and btw, I knew the move was called Shitsu but the word "butterfly" is more of a "oh i know that move!" word :)

If you do a Shitsu directly after a regular grab, the second shitsu is as soon as you recover from the first. So,

Throw, Shitsu, Shitsu as soon as possable should work.

I recommend this when opponent is in corner... or VS Pot.

That makes me INCREDIBLY happy in the pants.

If you do a Shitsu directly after a regular grab, the second shitsu is as soon as you recover from the first. So,

Throw, Shitsu, Shitsu as soon as possable should work.

You over simplifying it nigga! If you do shitsu as soon as you recover from throw, then there will be a slight delay before you can do that second shitsu (ie. You're no longer in recovery froms from the 1st butterfly, but it's still moving horizantally so you have to wait). Watch for the block stun as the opponent gets up and time your button press to that.

It is possible to do a dashing Shitsu for the second butterfly...

-2366P

It's also possible to negative edge the second butterfly...

-236[P]

And since those are both possible, you can do them together...

-Throw,236P,2366[P]

...and if you miss it your just dashing into regular butterfly pressure.

AMAZING option selecting Chunktug. Dear god, I'm sick of messing it up w/ 6P. Problem solved. Sorry the frames I was talking about aren't exact. That it was it "Feels like" to me. I hope it feels right to some other people, although it is technically wrong.

You over simplifying it nigga! If you do shitsu as soon as you recover from throw, then there will be a slight delay before you can do that second shitsu (ie. You're no longer in recovery froms from the 1st butterfly, but it's still moving horizantally so you have to wait). Watch for the block stun as the opponent gets up and time your button press to that.

It is possible to do a dashing Shitsu for the second butterfly...

-2366P

It's also possible to negative edge the second butterfly...

-236[P]

And since those are both possible, you can do them together...

-Throw,236P,2366[P]

...and if you miss it your just dashing into regular butterfly pressure.

You mean 236[P],2366]P[ =p

You can try slid input as well. Press [P + D] 2366]P~D[ One more chance to get double butterfly (red or blue lol).

Thanks guys, ill be trying to get that down. I was looking at some videos of Lime-key and figured the double shitsu would be amazing if used right....oh and btw, I knew the move was called Shitsu but the word "butterfly" is more of a "oh i know that move!" word :)

I present to you sir, the world famous double Shitsu rape on Pot video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxaWCMXnsI

The goodies starts at 2:57.

Ang doesn't even negative edge the shitsu, which saved his ass near the end of that second round when he tried to go for an FB shitsu and messed it up, due to pot getting hit. The timings change somewhat noticably for when the first shitsu hits, is blocked, or FD'ed, so keep that in mind as well.

what's the closest range u can be before you can successfully do the double butterfly? i don't think it works when ur right on top of the enemy. it seems like there has to be a certain amount of space between u and the opponent.

From what I tested, you have to be far enough for you to be able to finish the startup animation of throwing the first shitsu. Otherwise you would be canceling shitsu 1 into shitsu 2. It should just look like you are throwing them back to back from fan flutter to fan flutter, not fan flutter during previous fan flutter. Thats my theory atleast. I tried for awhile with various distances, and pointblank/very close seemed impossible. You need to be far enough to finish the little fan flutter animation that throws the shitsu out.

Basically the recovery of butterfly requires you have a certain amount of space to let the first recover and do the second. The easiest range to do it from is Anji's throw range, however you do have enough time to run in and pressure from that distance, so most likely it's a step or two closer than throw range if you want to talk about closest possible distance for a double butterfly. Keep in mind this distance would be greater for FB butterfly due to it's increased speed and longer recovery. But doing it first in a double butterfly string would be pointless so that's not really an inssue.

efbeshitsuaphobia look it up, i swear its the truth! ^_- :toot:

Im still unsure how to double butterfly even after reading all this information.... so when can you imput the second 236 p or d to have the second butterfly come out...? I know that it has to be when the butterfly transforms, but do you imput 236p or d during that 1 or 2 frame space or can you buffer the second 236 during the end of the first butterfly and Then push p or d when the first butterfly begins its transformation....? I hope that rant made sense....any answers are much appreciated....:keke:

^ Closely examine the first butterfly. When it hits the opponent, for a 1 or 2 frame, it suddenly disappears from the game screen to transform into falling eagle. That moment right 1 frame after it hits is the one you do second butterfly input. It's not that hard...getting it out during gameplay is totally different matter but if you practice 1 or 2 hours, it is going to come out consistently. And Yes you can buffer the input. That's why people are suggesting to do second butterfly input as 2366]P[ which if fails, you still can dash forward to keep the pressure.

^

Closely examine the first butterfly. When it hits the opponent, for a 1 or 2 frame, it suddenly disappears from the game screen to transform into falling eagle. That moment right 1 frame after it hits is the one you do second butterfly input. It's not that hard...getting it out during gameplay is totally different matter but if you practice 1 or 2 hours, it is going to come out consistently.

And Yes you can buffer the input. That's why people are suggesting to do second butterfly input as 2366]P[ which if fails, you still can dash forward to keep the pressure.

cool...thanks alot man

one more question....when I pratice the double butterfly in training mode should I practice on a crouched blocking character and what character would be best to practice on...?

cool...thanks alot man

one more question....when I pratice the double butterfly in training mode should I practice on a crouched blocking character and what character would be best to practice on...?

In all honesty it's practical on one character and that's potemkin. Double butterfly is very much a flashy thing and only put time on it if you want to have something fun to try in casual. The most reliable way to practice it is to just set the character to block, going from throw distance is your best bet.

Btw guys,I've just fooled around with double shitsu for a bit now,and I guess I can leave a tip or two for others. When you do shitsu oki,make sure you're at a relatively safe distance (outside of the opponent's pokes) or else you're going to get hit out of it.However,there is a method to using double butterfly (sort of). Here's how you do it: 236P then buffer 236 and wait until the butterfly almost hits the opponent,then press D and then P immediately after(One after the other).If you fail,you will whiff a 5P while the hawk is reaching its peak (you can still quickly dash up and throw a 2k).The reason why you press D first and P last is that if you fail,you won't pull out a 5D instead.

Double butterfly on anyone not named potemkin is asking for a waste of okizeme, that is all.

I do it to my friends Ky every here and now. 35% working. Its fun for casual, but competitive wise, screw it. I remember when I first did it to her. Panic attack! xD

Here's how you do it:

236P then buffer 236 and wait until the butterfly almost hits the opponent,then press D and then P immediately after(One after the other).If you fail,you will whiff a 5P while the hawk is reaching its peak (you can still quickly dash up and throw a 2k).The reason why you press D first and P last is that if you fail,you won't pull out a 5D instead.

I remember discussing this earlier, either in this topic or another one, but the best way to do the double butterfly is to negative edge the P and D.

You do this by holding down both P and D when you let out the first shitsu. Then right before it hits, you do the command 2366 and release P and D very very slightly staggered. This will negative edge the P and D, so on whiff you don't accidentally do a 5D or 5P and you're actually running in to do a pressure.

Also,

Double butterfly on anyone not named potemkin is asking for a waste of okizeme, that is all.

You are correct. Though, when done on Potemkin, it's hilarious.