Tigre

[LM] Arcana Heart 3 Q&A Thread

AH3LM_Q&A_Thread_Header.png

Q&A Thread!
This is our Question and Answer thread! If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask them in this thread, we'll do our best to answer them!

theres new mechanics to love max right.... something that returned from ah2, and that new 214bc thing in ef. what are these things exactly? dunno bout em at all.

also, how much hit/block stun does the water 'e' attacks add?

also, what buttons exactly do i want to hold for auto tech?

thanks lovelies.

Yeah Arcana Blast, press A+B+C during blockstun. 214B+C is arcana eclipse.

I'm not sure about the exact number but water E adds a pretty good amount of blockstun. Like for example, if you were to use a Water 5E and then use some random 5-6 frame attack, it would probably be a gapless blockstring for most characters, when it would usually be negative. Hitstun, I'm not sure, but there's a noticable difference in that too.

You can tech with A, B, C, or D once you've been hit (if you are holding a button before you get hit, you won't tech until you press the button again).

The mechanic that came back from AH2 is Extend Blast

• Big 0 damage attack that causes pushback on hit. Covers a large area around the character, including behind the character
  • It puts your character into Extend Force
  • If this attack is blocked, the recovery is lengthened allowing your opponent to punish the EB
  • Completely uncancellable

Executing Extend Blast

• The input is A+B+C
  • You have to be grounded
  • You can execute it while in neutral state or blockstun
  • If you do it during Neutral state, the startup is fairly fast and the Extend Force is counted as a Neutral Extend Force for Duration and Recovery of the Extend Force Gauge
  • If you do it during Blockstun, the startup is lengthened by a large amount and the Extend Force is counted as an Extend Force CANCEL for Duration and Recovery

WHY IS NADAKAI SO GOD

as far as superjump guard goes, does it count as like...blocking during jump startup straight up? can you get grabbed? and on the subject of grabs, do strikes lose to grabs if both connect on the same frame? FRAMES

Edited by not_lunaris

Yeah, you are able to block during jump and super jump start up, but until you leave the ground, you can still be ground thrown!

As for strikes and grabs on the same frame -- not sure! I can get back to you on that!

I think that's only in training mode. afaik the system allows for cancelling super jump to guard, but not normal jump.

edit : was just testing this by 6GC'ing sonic hurricane from max range. Can easily superjump guard, but can't seem to jump guard at all.

Yup, you can block during super-jump start-up but not during normal jump start-up. (Super-jump-block is an incredibly useful option select to learn, e.g. on wake-up!)

I did notice a weird quirk (possibly a bug?) in LM, though. I tested this with Psykotik in VS mode so we know it's not training mode only. (In fact, afaict it _doesn't_ happen in training mode if you playback the dummy against yourself and try to jump away from it!)

During a blockstring, if you hit someone with a low during the last couple(?) of frames of blockstun, it can be blocked HIGH. They stay in the crouch-block animation, so you can't tell if they were actually up-backing, either.

This is unfortunately very useful for the opponent if they're trying to SJB out, because their up input will probably coincide with these frames. Meanwhile, up-backing will lose to either an earlier low / rapid lows, or to a frame-trap.

I'm not sure if this quirk/bug exists in AH3 vanilla as well.

Yup, you can block during super-jump start-up but not during normal jump start-up. (Super-jump-block is an incredibly useful option select to learn, e.g. on wake-up!)

I did notice a weird quirk (possibly a bug?) in LM, though. I tested this with Psykotik in VS mode so we know it's not training mode only. (In fact, afaict it _doesn't_ happen in training mode if you playback the dummy against yourself and try to jump away from it!)

During a blockstring, if you hit someone with a low during the last couple(?) of frames of blockstun, it can be blocked HIGH. They stay in the crouch-block animation, so you can't tell if they were actually up-backing, either.

This is unfortunately very useful for the opponent if they're trying to SJB out, because their up input will probably coincide with these frames. Meanwhile, up-backing will lose to either an earlier low / rapid lows, or to a frame-trap.

I'm not sure if this quirk/bug exists in AH3 vanilla as well.

can this really be a problem? can;t we just condition our self around it or better find an exploit on it?

So I'm a new player (new to arcana but not to FGs). I've more or less got the basics of the game under my belt. Currently playing with Weiss because she seems relatively familiar/straightforward.

I was online the other day and pretty much got zoned out by a Catherine player firing missiles constantly. I was maybe to impatient/reckless trying to get in but had a really hard time getting in. Once I was in, it was fine and I could run my BnBs for days on this dude.

So, question: what are the best ways of dealing with Catherine's projectiles? Does it just come down to patience and not letting her get out of range? But what to do when that happens?

There are a few things you can do.

The first question that comes to mind is "What Arcana are you using"?

If you're using something like Love you can love laser between the cannonballs and speed homing in.

If you're using something like Flower, you don't have that option, but what you do have is to high jump. If the Cathy is doing full screen projectile there's not much they can do to stop you, and it's not an unsafe option. You can guard during a high jump, so even if you time it weird you'll just block projectiles until you hit the ground again. Once you do manage to get airborne with the high jump, you can just (speed) homing over the projectiles. Be careful of Cathy covering the space above her, you can't take the same approach every time.

So I'm a new player (new to arcana but not to FGs). I've more or less got the basics of the game under my belt. Currently playing with Weiss because she seems relatively familiar/straightforward.

I was online the other day and pretty much got zoned out by a Catherine player firing missiles constantly. I was maybe to impatient/reckless trying to get in but had a really hard time getting in. Once I was in, it was fine and I could run my BnBs for days on this dude.

So, question: what are the best ways of dealing with Catherine's projectiles? Does it just come down to patience and not letting her get out of range? But what to do when that happens?

Mostly patience when it comes to a Cathy that loves to keep people out with missiles and if they're decent at it. There's also cannonballs and if they're playing wind, boomerang and vortex. It's pretty annoying to get in but you really just have to pick your spots for the most part. Once Weiss is in, it's pretty free for her though.

If you're using Love you can just laser them out of a lot of it.

Weiss can crouch to avoid high wrecking balls, and high jump in between a gap. If you're being hit by missiles as you approach, you need to take it a little bit slower and mix it up more. Once you get in, you can mix up DP, j.C and grab on her wakeup as long as you're smart with your cancels and she'll be forced to guard cancel to deal with it.

Can Weiss still duck them in LM? Her crouching hitbox is taller now, and i haven't tested it.

She's still the second shortest character while crouching (Cathy 5B whiffs her and Konoha). Even so, after blocking one, Cathy has to guess if you'll jump or not (6C or 3C). They have increased recovery so if one would whiff, speed homing up and punish.

Thanks for all the feedback. Really useful. I got online last night but nemesis was nowhere to be seen. Been hitting the training room hard recently to hit combos more frequently (so I can punish without thinking, rather than "oh! an opportunity, umm, what... ahhh!) and it paid off last night. I'm also finding the Love arcana and its love laser (is it me or does that sound like a 70s funk song?) very useful. Got a few dirty victories with the arcana blaze love ball distraction into a throw. Sure, it's shenanigans and likely not work much again... but was still fun.