Tigre

[LM] Arcana Heart 3 Q&A Thread

could someone give a few general tips about movement in Arcana Heart, I have a general idea of it, but I think getting some tips couldn't hurt.

- Use jump neutral homing a lot. Mess around with pressing directions after you neutral homing to learn how to approach from multiple angles, cross people up on the ground, or fake-out anti-airs by landing early.

- Dash-jump is useful to poke people out of the air from an unexpected distance (e.g. with j.A). It's also a good "anti-air".

- Super-iump is a lot better for general movement than normal jump. Some characters can make use of super-jump followed by an immediate double-jump for a particularly low, horizontal jump arc.

but be careful because you can not block out of speed homing in LM.

... I actually didn't know this. :S I figured there was some kind of no-blocking period after speed-homing, but this explains it a lot better. :O

You know it might be timing based, but either way you still need to be careful coming out of speed homing, it's a lot less safe.

That does remind me of another important mechanic, High Jump Guard. So in AH3 (and LM), you get protection on high jump startup (i.e. super jump), so trying to jump out of pressure is definitely something you can try to do! You can also use this on wakeup, input 2>7/8/9>1 while you're waking up on the ground to attempt a high jump, if a move comes out meaty that stops you from jumping, you'll block. If there's a gap you'll at least get off the ground and potentially get out of some nasty pressure. 

This isn't without it's downsides, though! Keep in mind that a lot of characters have very good air unblockable moves that can tag you try to jump out, and can lead to some pretty nasty damage or setups.

I was just wondering how much of a community is going to be around for the NA version of Love Max?  I look at the ranking leaderboards and see a whopping 350 people registered.  There are 0 online games going most of the time.  At all hours.

I have to say it is really disappointing to have the community segregated in this way.

I plan on picking up the US version at some point, it's sorta a kick in the balls to have to pay for the game again for me (I only work part time because of school orz), I'm not sure how many of the existing players have purchased the US version at this point 

I was just wondering how much of a community is going to be around for the NA version of Love Max?  I look at the ranking leaderboards and see a whopping 350 people registered.  There are 0 online games going most of the time.  At all hours.

I have to say it is really disappointing to have the community segregated in this way.

I found it to be active during the times of 2pm-5pm, but I don't know if that will still be the case with P4U2 out.

I only have it on vita, but if you've got that and you wanna play a terrible time kono I can play

Any news at all regarding a fix of the region segregation issue? I've been out of the loop for a while now (ever since US ver came out).

Any news at all regarding a fix of the region segregation issue? I've been out of the loop for a while now (ever since US ver came out).

Not sure I would expect a fix- by all accounts, it was intentional.  Someone wanted this game dead.

Not sure I would expect a fix- by all accounts, it was intentional.  Someone wanted this game dead.

I see, this blows. I dunno if JP people complained about us lagging up their games or what so they decided to do this.

I´m still salty as fuck about the online not being worldwide, seriously, i think it´s the first time i saw something like this in a fighting game, i was hype for this game since i loved the original but in it´s current state i´m not going to bother.

any explanation of why they decided to region lock the online? i mean, that was probably one of the most stupid decisions i have ever seen, especially considering how amazing the netcode for the original game was, i truly hope they don´t do something so idiotic for future games, what the fucking fuck was ASW thinking? if you´re going to do that don´t bother localizing the game, it´s clear the game is going to die super fast in it´s current condition

To my knowledge, no. The response we received from Aksys was that they had nothing to do with it, and Examu has told us that they had nothing to do with the port outside of paying ArcSys to handle it.

This leaves one other party to contact, and I'm afraid I don't exactly know the best way to go about that. 

I don't think this means the game will die. As long as people play the game, it won't die. It's as simple as that. It was a risk that everyone who imported the game took. It was a pretty safe risk, but we got burned. I'm still not happy about the situation but at some point you need to move past being angry at a situation and just deal with the reality. The game is out, the port works, psn didn't go down, you can walk into a game store and buy the physical game. 

Honestly the only thing we can do to help make sure that asw knows we're not happy, and I encourage you to do so.

Well, Ivanchu, as I'm going to ask again, like I've said so in other forums, the game's online is not region locked, its region-encoded (different region/system versions), and I've mentioned this before, this isn't the first fighter to do this, Jojo - All Star Battle did the same thing too.

But yeah, kinda dull about this, but I now have AH3:LM with me though [NA/PS3 version] (and the poster too).

That's a back homing dash? How does it work exactly?

I'm not sure of the properties, but hey, it pushes you back for a second, then slowly dashes you foward until you let go of the button, I think.

Well, there's also jumping over the move, unless your opponent decides to be spam happy with it, lol.

back homing has invincibility while the character is moving backwards. you can use it to make moves whiff.

You *have* to use it to make certain moves whiff, especially in regards to air unblockables (grounded normals, Fiona Excalibur and other supers).

Oh well it seems impossible to jump over, since it pauses the match and then shoots, well it does in the story mode against Scharlachrot if it's toned down outside of that.

I meant to say you can jump or double jump to expect her if she does shoot it, cause I know Scharl will do that sometimes.