Tigre

[LM] Online Matchmaking

AH3LM_Online_Matchmaking_Header.png

Want to find new friends to play against online? Need help with a certain matchup? Starting an online lobby? Here's your thread! Please keep posts in this thread related to online matchmaking, i.e. finding games, discussing said matches, ggs, etc. If you want to go off-topic please find another way to communicate with the other person.

Important Links

Player database: http://tinyurl.com/AH3LMDBResults

Player database signup: http://tinyurl.com/Ah3LMDBEntry

I usually can't find people when I'm on so hit me up at Latiosking if you want to go a few rounds. I just want to get my matchup knowledge up. I play Evil Kira and I don't bite.

I need to add you on PSN.Sorry about repeatedly passing yesterday, I was busy during that time and couldn't really play.

I need to add you on PSN.Sorry about repeatedly passing yesterday, I was busy during that time and couldn't really play.

ggs. that lies is very intimidating .

Don't suppose there's anyone else here who's just starting out with the series, or will they not show up until the US release? Getting totally slammed by everyone online, I need beginner/intermediate opponents.

Don't suppose there's anyone else here who's just starting out with the series, or will they not show up until the US release? Getting totally slammed by everyone online, I need beginner/intermediate opponents.

Probably not too many AH3 had more new players because it was the first PS3 one.  But if you can post a vid I'm sure people can tell you what you are doing wrong in general.  Just remember that meter is REALLY important in this game with how overpowering 4GC and 6GC are.  So I would really only focus on combos that use EFC+0meter and EFC+1 meter everything else is situational.

Where are the EC players aaaa

When do you play?  

Sorry, I don't have the right video capture equipment. I'm still trying to settle on a preferable character + arcana setup as well. So far I'm liking Kamui/Dark, Zenia/Fire and Eko/Plant.

Meter is important in this game, but one of the things I see beginners doing a lot is over-committing in their strings/offense since they may come from games where you can do that. Like ShinsoBEAM said, because Guard Cancels are very strong in AH3, you should always keep your pressure short and safe, but confirmable. For example, if you play Kamui, a good safe and confirmable string is 2A 5B -- 5B is jump cancelable, so if the opponent uses a Guard Cancel, you can react and assume a defensive posture. You can also confirm a block, jump cancel 5B and continue your pressure with an air normal.

This is just one example though. Hope that helps!

I think the US release will generate a surge of new US players, considering how well vanilla AH3 did, so hopefully that will add to the pool of beginner/intermediate players.

Anyone looking for matches today? I have off of work and want to get some games in. Add me on PSN / post when you're on and we'll get some games in!

PSN: AntLquarian

I think the US release will generate a surge of new US players, considering how well vanilla AH3 did, so hopefully that will add to the pool of beginner/intermediate players.

Or it might not, because a lot of people have (foolishly) ditched their PS3 stuff for the PS4 now, and the Triple is getting barely any attention anymore.

There's also going to be players who don't feel it's worth it to upgrade to Love Max, because there's no new characters/arcana and the game seems to have barely changed on the surface.

Or it might not, because a lot of people have (foolishly) ditched their PS3 stuff for the PS4 now, and the Triple is getting barely any attention anymore.

That's not true at all among most fighting game players, at least in my experience.

Also yeah $30-40.

Also for new players DO NOT PLAY WIDESCREEN IT ACTUALLY CHANGES THE SOME STUFF WORKS DO NOT DO THIS.  You can play with anime on or off(if your a hater).

As someone who works in game retail, this is so far from true it hurts. So many people are selling their Xbox Ones and Playstation 4s because there's no games for either system yet. PS2 games maintained healthy tournament presence long into the PS3s life.

This is more a discussion for the general discussion thread, I have no problem with this discussion but this is for online matchmaking.

Yeah pretty much. Like I probably know 4 or 5 people own a PS4, and that's it. I won't even try to count how many have a PS3.

FG players won't make a major transition to PS4 until there are more fighting games on PS4 ( in which there are none at the moment, iirc ).

Made a lobby, if anyone's interested in some matches.

Still up or are you done for the night? Anyone want to play a few matches?

GGs to dotshots. Was rated as a 1 connection, but didn't really feel that bad at all. I don't know if I'd be able to block some of that stuff regardless lol. I was certainly trying, but who knows if I was switching guard quickly enough or not.

Could have sworn we used to have something higher than a 1, though.

I'm heading online as well. Will be in nadakaineko's room unless it's too laggy/full. I usually get good connections with the northeast coast and Michigan. PSN: bill307_ca