Tigre

[LM] Online Matchmaking

GGs Latios! (the only person who played in my room instead of Nadakaineko's, lol)

GGs, I need so much more practice. I've had problems with Saki since vanilla and not many people play her enough for me to learn the matchup.

I'm on PSN for about an hour tonight if anyone wants to stop by and play.

Just as a note, I'm going to be doing netplay streams Tuesday/Thursday at around 9PM-11PM every week, so hit me up if you wanna play!

I also netplay during the week normally, so hit me up if you want in on that too!

Don't suppose there's anyone else here who's just starting out with the series, or will they not show up until the US release? Getting totally slammed by everyone online, I need beginner/intermediate opponents.

Im new to the series. Add me.

I'm actually jealous you guys get matches. Every room i join ends up kicking me after one game and Ranked is non-existent. When are the usual times everyone is on?

Add me on PSN Fujiwario

You EVER see me online, send me an invite and I'll come play. My work schedule is random so I can't give times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, i cant view the link without making a facebook account. From reading your profile i assume you guys are out in raleigh?

I'm actually jealous you guys get matches. Every room i join ends up kicking me after one game and Ranked is non-existent. When are the usual times everyone is on?

It seems like most people start to get on around 7pm and later. I was also being kicked after playing a few matches in lobbies. Its pretty annoying, especially since i really want to learn this game lol.

Hey, yeah. Some guys make a FB account only for fighting game groups and that might be a good way to go if you want to get involved locally. We don't have much presence on forums these days, but I can try to keep you updated on HC or here (match finder) if you want. We should be getting back to doing regular sessions soon. Fayetteville has a few people I know of that play anime.

However, yeah, the anime scene is mostly based around Raleigh. Also, like that database says, I'm purifyweirdsoul on PSN and generally available in the evenings.

Playing online right now for EVO preparation! PSN: bill307_ca

GGs CMass! You should use your Thunder 5E and 2E more often to clash things! :)

GGs! That was actually my first time using that arcana, so i wasnt sure when i should be using what. 5E and 2E are Mei-Fang's best options during a clash with that arcana? Is 623E any good during clash? And what else should i be doing that i wasnt?

GGs! That was actually my first time using that arcana, so i wasnt sure when i should be using what. 5E and 2E are Mei-Fang's best options during a clash with that arcana? Is 623E any good during clash? And what else should i be doing that i wasnt?

Basically, most (all?) characters have a move (or multiple moves) that have clash frames during start-up. These can be used to parry attacks. You can then cancel the clash into (almost) any attack, among other options. Your opponent can too, but in an unexpected clash they will probably have already input the next attack in their pressure string, which you can probably beat with your own quick 5A or 2A. If they are mashing 2A and it clashes with you, they cannot repeat a ground normal twice so the game automatically gives them 5A instead, which will probably whiff over you cancel the clash into your 2A.

E.g. Saki's 5B has this property against low moves, which is one reason why I use it so much. (I was actually testing it tonight to see how it can be used defensively.) I usually use it offensively to frame-trap because if the opponent mashes, it'll clash with 5B's start-up and then 5B will almost always beat whatever their next move is.

In contrast, Thunder's 5[E] and 2[E] are usually used defensively to parry incoming attacks. Their clash frames start at frame 1 and last until you release E or until the attack is fully-charged. They both have full-body clash frames, afaik, so usually people use whichever move has less recovery, in case it whiffs.

Example: the opponent homes-in or IADs at you and does a jump-in. You press and hold 2[E]. A clash happens. You cancel the clash into 5A to anti-air them, leading to a nice combo.

Example: you can sort of option-select Saki's jump-in high-low mixup by blocking her j.A high, then crouch-blocking and pressing 2[E]. If she does j.A j.3C overhead, it'll clash with your 2[E] and you can cancel into 5A to hit her. If she does j.A land 2A, either you'll block it if it's tight, or you may get a clash which you can cancel into 2A to hit her. (Of course, you can also just clash with the j.A in the first place unless it's in a tight string, like right after a flashkick.)

Edit: I forgot to talk about Thunder 623E. 5A and 2A are preferable after a clash because they lead to actual combos. 623E is slow and invincible. I find it has 3 uses:

1. It beats an immediate 4D out of clash.

2. It can beat or trade with most invincible DPs/supers.

3. It's a good "panic" option online if it's too laggy to react with 5A/2A appropriately.

Edit 2: for characters with slow 5A/2A and no meterless DP, forward guard-cancel clash into Thunder 623E is an option to escape pressure.

Thanks for all the great info! Im going to copy this down and try to apply this to my gameplay slowly. The whole clashing system sounded easy when i was first reading up on it but its kind of difficult to adjust to because it happens so fast. Ill get used to it eventually.

Thanks for all the great info! Im going to copy this down and try to apply this to my gameplay slowly. The whole clashing system sounded easy when i was first reading up on it but its kind of difficult to adjust to because it happens so fast. Ill get used to it eventually.

Also note that Mei's 2E has clash somewhere in the middle of it as well so you can go 2[E] *clash* 2]E[ *clash* -> active and it will CH a lot of things if they don't know about how it works. Really annoying move unless you're 100% ready to 4D it or jump cancel.

I sub her a bit and do this quite a lot unless the other player knows about it. It's not too terrible to test the waters with imo.

Outside of that Mei's 5A is okay vs a jump-in post-2[E]/5[E] as it's fast.

Also note that Mei's 2E has clash somewhere in the middle of it as well so you can go 2[E] *clash* 2]E[ *clash* -> active and it will CH a lot of things if they don't know about how it works. Really annoying move unless you're 100% ready to 4D it or jump cancel.

I sub her a bit and do this quite a lot unless the other player knows about it. It's not too terrible to test the waters with imo.

Outside of that Mei's 5A is okay vs a jump-in post-2[E]/5[E] as it's fast.

Alright, thanks, Ill try to use 5E and 2E much more in clash situations and see how that works out.

So I've been talking with nadakaineko about weekly streams for AH3. There will be open lobbies one day, and then a featured ft10 on another day to try to analyze matchups and generally improving play.

How many of the EC players are actually active? If i get your twitters I can also let you guys know when I go online AH3 for my lobbies as well.

So I've been talking with nadakaineko about weekly streams for AH3. There will be open lobbies one day, and then a featured ft10 on another day to try to analyze matchups and generally improving play.

How many of the EC players are actually active? If i get your twitters I can also let you guys know when I go online AH3 for my lobbies as well.

obviously me