Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Mortal Kombat X

They're straight up [Melty Blood: Actress Again] Moons; replacing your entire moveset [maybe even other subtle nuances like how you interact with certain background objects].

They annoying thing [for the dev team] is essentially balancing the same character 3 times, because first you give them a complete moveset, then you hack that into thirds, then you have to figure out which combination allows the character to stay as viable as possible without being blatantly busted. I wonder if in future patches will they keep all the sets as is or will we see a bit of shuffling inbetween? [Though with their obsession for making each Moon particularly themed, the latter is unlikely]

I hate Moons . . .

Just give us an MK2 Groove for Raiden so we can crash the game every time a combo's performed.

I wonder how the 3 character variations will affect balance and gameplay. They seem more than just a different ultra. Robo-Ky, Ex Robo-Ky?.

On the gameplay trailer you can see a little of the 3 scorpions, one has access to his swords which give him new normals/combos, one has access to projectiles and other zoning stuff and the other has access to something that allows him to summon demons to aid on the fight

On the gameplay trailer you can see a little of the 3 scorpions, one has access to his swords which give him new normals/combos, one has access to projectiles and other zoning stuff and the other has access to something that allows him to summon demons to aid on the fight

Yeah, there is a picture in one of the screenshots that gives an explanation of one of them. 

so hes like chipp, relius and sagat like in three different fighting styles? lol nicw

I would say that scorpion is more like mk9 kenshin than relius

Hopefully this time around they get the combat right.  Combos and neutral feel so clunky in MK games.  And don't get me started on Injustice.  Here's to hoping for improved mechanics.  Or to the end of the series.  I'm cool with either.

Last-gen versions have been delayed to summer. Will be sure to piss off a few tourney operators. At least they're not canceled, which I kind of expected to happen. The game runs on Unreal 3 like Xrd, which is fully supported by 360/PS3.

Jason is now available for Xbone owners. PS4 has to wait until PSN store updates.

From the footage I've seen, he looks like a mix of Ferra/Torr and Kotal Kahn. Slasher variation has crazy range on his normals and huge damage output. Relentless turns him into a full-on grappler with a teleport (!) and a troll move that makes a red filter cover the screen (!), disables your stamina meter (!!), and reverses your controls (!!!). Unstoppable seems really gimmicky. It's all about giving Jason status buffs. You can increase his speed and damage, as well as give him armor for a limited time before he gets tired. In addition to all that, if he has super meter stocked when he is defeated each round, he can resurrect himself, converting his super meter into health.

so uh... no word about the "story characters" pass bullshit? :vbang:

Gawd, that was low, even for today's DLC standards lol

Nobody should even buy that.  They already are having Tanya as one of the characters in the Kombat pack so its clear they are already made in some degree.

Make them free or unlockable in game especially if they only have one variation.

If Ed Boon is smart, he will make them free.

I mean, he even allowed the game to have the legacy consoles' sticks support.

Just go onto the Ranked PVP leaderboards and look at someone's Kombat History who has them, then exit back to the online menu. That's it.

This is confirmed to work on all consoles. Don't be alarmed if it asks you to change factions, just decline it.

If anyone is looking to watch some MKX  gameplay you can watch my stream on twitch @ notyouravgcodfan. I try and play as many fighters as I can but am investing a lot of time in MKX at the moment.

Game has been updated to version 1.05. Here are the full patch notes.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/05/14/spectral-ermac-meter-gain-armored-interactables-and-more-corrected-in-upcoming-mortal-kombat-x-patch/

tl;dr version

-Spectral Ermac meter glitch and Mournful Kitana infinite fixed

-Kung Jin, Summoner Quan Chi, and Sub-Zero nerfed

-Raiden's damage output isn't absolutely ridiculous anymore

-Mileena, Kitana, Warlock Quan Chi, and Shinnok buffed

-Scorpion and Erron Black left alone

-EDIT: Leaderboard mobile costume exploit fixed :(