Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Akane Inuwaka

AH3LM_Akane_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Akane thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Akane Wiki Page

Notable Players

kasumiLOVE

Muripo

So yeah, I expected akane to be a crippled version of her old self. She actually isn't that bad.  I think she still has great synergy with Gier.   Other notable arcana would be Love, Lighting, Flower, Wind.

5B may have lost it's air unblockable property but the move still hits behind her which makes it still useful as an AA. Blocked 5B can be chained into 2B, 5C, and 6C for unblockables. 2B AA is better for when they are close to the ground. 5C will move Akane forward some but it has two hits except for certain heights; this means that the first hit can be 4GC and you will whiff the second hit.  6C's first hit is air unblockable and can be jump cancelled; practice the follow up because you will either need to IAD to pick this up or just regular jump depending where the opponent gets hit.

While jB got nerfed, it's still good for air to air. Combine this with Akane's high jump height and you can just jump and press jB on your way up to stop certain approaches.

Overall, Akane is still decent and holds her own.  She lost some damage due to certain nerfs, she's no longer an easy mode character but she still can handle her own.

RIP TIME AKANE; BNB GONE; TIME BACKDASH NERFED,; HER BEST VORTEX GONE.

Love/Dark/Lighting/Flower/Wind/Sin Akane are still good though and with the Halo buffs I would put that on the list too.

What crippled her just as much as the nerfs to j.B was the nerf to homing and speed homing.

The Akane wiki mentioned 214X is cancellable into Arcana moves but I could never do it. Is there some special rule to it for the timing?

Okay, I figured that much but aren't most, if not all, special moves cancelable into supers, arcana or otherwise? It's weird to have it specifically pointed out.

I've been trying to figure out some decent okizeme setups or even positioning but haven't had much luck outside of the typical arcana supers after j.2E or j.214X, like plant seeds or delayed lightning. j.214X has too much recovery by itself and 22A feels more like a movement option for quickfalling than a special attack, a move for which I can't find many good opportunities to use outside of something super gimmicky like doing an air combo into j.2E, j.22A, kotodama cancel into hcf A, then kotadama cancel into 214X. It's a good laugh but not worth the meter usage.

Most moves, not all, can be cancelled into super, some are just arcana only, some are both.  That being said what combo are you using? If you're using 5C>HC combos then those aren't really good for setting up oki.  With akane, or even in general, you want to keep the air combos as low as possible to enforce the oki.  You have it correct where you figured out the typical arcana super setups.  I think jE is better than j214X for oki.

I want to say j22A is more of a combo option than movement, since you can efc after using it and follow up.  Also you shouldn't really be spending that much kotodama's for a combo unless you don't have meter or it's gonna kill.

Yeah, I've only been doing 5C>HC combos so far since they were easy enough to figure out. They do good damage but yeah, I clearly wasn't getting any kind of situational advantage afterwards. Nothing particularly stands out in her move list as being particularly good for oki though. But for whatever reason I mostly end up playing against Scharlacrot whose chains I feel changes up oki strategy a lot.

Better combo to for oki setups is 2A>2B>2C>236A>6HC>5B>5C>6C>jA>jB>JC>jB>jE>arcana super

I say more so I would just go with something like flower or love against scharl.  They give you better neutral options against her.

Not sure how the matchup has changed in the new one but flower was not good against sharl in the last one because it gave 0 meter on block.

Sin was what everyone in NC counter picked Sharl with, Love/Plant weren't too bad either.  I had success with time as well because backdashing j.6C=free combo but that's not really reliable.

With Halo I'm doing
things > 236A > EFC > 5B > 6C > 766 j.C > j.623E land 5D > D  > j.B > j.E > j.623E , 66 > j.B > JC > j.B > j.C > 214A > 236236E
2E > EFC > j.C > 236E , j.D > j.B > j.E > j.623E , 66 j.B > JC > j.B > j.C > whatever.

On top of the normal ones.

edit: asked our Sharl player and he mentioned Metal, Halo, Dark, Tone, Time as well as above

623C > teleport if it whiffs...623X series is air unblockable but hella free on whiff you can use a charge to just teleport instead.
You can do the same with 236X series.

Other uses are like uhhh ending with j.623X into j.214X.

Yeah I wanted to wait for somebody else to say something before I spouted something wrong. Shinso pretty much hit it.

You can teleport cancel any mis-input specials or whiffed specials. But mostly kotodamas aren't really essential.

It should be noted that you can do 623C > 623A+B~41236B  is an option select like if 623C hits and guard breaks instant super, if it whiffs back teleport.  It's really the only thing I used Kotodama's for outside of a time mixup which got removed anyways.

I've finally decided to chose her as my main. The lot of the cast of ladies overwhelmed my life, but I've finally decided to settle on her for sure! I love the way she utilizes her legs in battle, she moves in such a way in battle. Her Kotodama charge makes me think of Jam Kuradoberi as a matter fact, a long with the emphasis on her legs, is she really designed after her? But the kotodama cancels are so invigorating to pull off, in mid air especially, into other moves, I've never felt so motivated to learn a character.

That Six Stars gameplay looks amazing as well, is she getting even better there?