Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Angelia Avallone

AH3LM_Angelia_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Angie thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Angelia Wiki Page

Notable Players

Shirogoma

REU

I guess I'll go over my personal opinion of which Arcanas I like to use for her match ups.

Akane: Earth, Fire, Flower, Halo.

Angelia: Halo, Sacred, Fenrir.

Catherine: Flower, Sacred, Sin, Water, Fenrir, Wind (Anything that helps you in this MU. Fuck this character)

Clarice: Earth, Fire, Halo, Mirror.

Dorothy: Fire, Halo.

Eko: Earth, Sacred.

Elsa: Earth, Fire, Halo, Flower, Water.

Fiona: Earth, Flower, Halo.

Heart: Earth, Fire, Flower

Kamui: Earth, Fenrir.

Kira: Flower, Halo, Plant, Sin.

Konoha: Flower, Love.

Lieselotte: Earth, Flower.

Lilica: Earth, Love, Water.

Maori: Love, Flower, Halo.

Mei-Fang: Earth, Flower, Sacred.

Nazuna: Fenrir, Mirror, Flower, Love.

Petra: Flower, Water, Metal, Fenrir.

Saki: Earth, Mirror, Metal.

Scharlachrot: Earth, Fenrir, Fire.

Yoriko: Earth, Halo, Mirror.

Weiss: Earth, Flower, Water, Mirror, Fire.

Zenia: Earth, Water, Flower, Fire.

Earth:

Probably the best Arcana for Ange in AH3LM(imo). Allows for very easy corner-to-corner carries off nearly any hit, consistently good damage, and great pressure. Guard points on her 5E/2E can also be useful. Must learn Arcana as it's useful in nearly all of her Match ups and can very easily turn games around. Earth EF is also useful in some match ups to get in and start applying pressure.

Fire:

Another great Arcana for both damage and corner carry. Fireball is great for controlling space or getting in. Fire supers allow for more damage off basic confirms. The only downside is Fire EF not allowing easier consistent knockdowns. Can also be used against the entire cast if you wanted to.

Flower:

Just a solid Arcana. Cannot be Counter hit, fastest burst regeneration in the game, and multilayer is still good for Ange's corner mixup game. 236E is good for controlling space when you have time to throw it out. The main downside is having to learn her more difficult conversions to carry to the corner. Another all purpose Arcana for nearly every match up.

Halo:

Great projectiles, good lockdown, and the super jump is great for when you need to be above the opponent. Long EF time allows for more pressure after an EFC combo along with Arcana Blast being more rewarding with Mildred helping with buffed projectiles. Halo also has access to 623E on the ground which can also corner carry. Halo averages from great to good in almost all of Ange's match ups. The super jump can mess up a few confirms so take note of that.

Love:

Good projectiles, good stat modifiers, and good burst regeneration. Love balls are great for controlling space and getting in. Laser can be used as a full screen punish or to lock the opponent down to get in. Can be used in all match ups for the most part or to counter a few characters.

Water:

Counter pick Arcana. Extremely good lockdown and pressure with bubbles as well as messing up your opponents conversions when bubbles are following you. Water EF is great for stagger pressure and adds a lot of blockstun to every normal while putting out bubbles. It makes Ange's 5E which is already +3 even more plus on block.

Sacred:

Buffed from AH3. A very good Arcana overall now. Song(236236E) is very fast and has a big hitbox, which on Counter hit leads to very high damage. Spears(214E/214214E) are also great for controlling horizontal space and the Arcana Eclipse is basically free full screen chip/punish.

Sin:

Good projectiles and traps help Ange to move around or be on the defensive. Both are great in combination after a 2C knockdown. Sin EF passive also gives Ange more comeback possibilities the lower her life goes as well. Solid pick that can be used in most of her match ups if you want.

Fenrir:

Counter pick Arcana. Buffed from AH3. 236E/j.236E is great against projectiles or moves that clash. You can HC it to confirm it on hit or get in when they block. Against taller characters, you can fuzzy with j.B land j.B j.236E HC into a combo. 214E/j.214E is great for controlling vertical space and 623E/j.623E allows for air unblockable resets after very high screen conversions.

Plant:

Kind of nerfed from AH3 as vine is now negative. Allows Ange to setup unblockables off any corner 2C knockdown(2C 214E [4]6B 214214E -> homing j.B). Plant vine is still good in neutral at ranges where Ange usually can't punish at. Seeds are also good in neutral to camp on if you want to.

Wind:

Nerfed from AH3 but still gives Ange great tools in neutral. Triple jump and double air dash makes her mobility even better and helps her convert her air hits into more damage. Wind boom(236E) and Vortex(214E) help with controlling space and Wind's AE makes Ange's pressure after an EFC 2C kd combo even better. Fastfall(2D) is no longer free but Wind is overall a good Arcana and can be used in most of Ange's match ups if you want to use it.

Mirror:

Counter pick Arcana. Mirror(214E/j.214E) is great in neutral and after a knockdown. Mirror's 236236E/j.236236E is useful vs certain characters as they help to lock the opponent down(Nazuna, Weiss, Yoriko). Although the AE got nerfed from 1.03->1.04, it's still useful in some situations as it tracks from full screen.

Metal:

Counter pick Arcana. Shield helps vs reversals. AE just gives extra damage at the cost of a knockdown. Swords super can punish slow moves from full screen. Not really much to say aside from Shield + Dropkicks = Cheap.

I guess this will cover some general things. This is all just my opinion of playing Ange and watching footage. Her combos haven't really changed from AH3 so there's not many new things to really learn but I'll compile a post full of combos later. Mostly for Earth and Fire.

Time for some combos.

Basic bnbs:

Midscreen:

(2A/5A) 5B 5C [4]6A 5A (5B) 6C j.A j.B j.C [JC] j.B (j.C(1))j.E - Basic j.E Ender. The last j.C can be tough to connect on a few characters so if you're not confident, just use j.B j.E.

(2A/5A) 5B 5C [4]6A 5A 5B (5C) 2C 4BC step 5C 5BC/6BC - 2C Ender with Glitter force stand into meaty glitter.

(2A/5A) 5B 5C [4]6A 5A (5B) 6C j.A j.B j.C [JC] j.B j.C j.[4]6A [9]A/B 236AB/Arcana super. - Basic bnb with super ender.

(2A/5A) 5B/2B 2C(2) 3BC step 5B 6C j.A j.B j.C [JC] j.B (j.C(1)) j.E - Non-totsu j.E ender.

(2A/5A) 5B/2B 2C(2) 3BC step 5B 6C 5B (5C) 2C 4BC step 5C 5BC/6BC - Non-totsu 2C ender.

Corner:

(2A/5A) 5B 5C [4]6A 5A 5B 3BC 5B 3BC 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Corner 2C ender with Glitter force stand.

(2A/5A) 5B/2B 2C(2) 3BC step 5B 3BC 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Non-totsu corner 2C ender with Glitter force stand.

EFC combos:

(2A/5A) 5B 5C [4]6A 5A 6C EFC step j.A j.B j.C(1) [JC] j.B j.C(1) j.E delay j.C(1) 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - EFC combo with 2C ender. Works everywhere and works on all characters. A few characters can be odd to combo but it does work on them(Akane, Kamui, Zenia, Elsa, Clarice, Scharl)

(2A/5A) 5B 5C [4]6A 5A 6C EFC step j.B j.C(1) j.B [JC] j.B j.C(1) j.E j.C(1) land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Easier than the above combo. Also allows you to charge dropkick off the EFC input by holding the A button.

This should help Ange players get started. I'll post more specific confirms and Arcana specific combos sometime later. Any combo with an air ender works in the corner as well.

EDIT:

Arcana Specific combos:

Earth:

Midscreen:

~[4]6A 5A 5B (5C) 2C 236E delay 5D~D j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Standard Earth corner carry for A totsu routes.

~2C(2) 3BC 5B (5C) 2C 236E delay 5D~D j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - 2C glitter route. Allows you to charge dropkick the entire time and it's fairly easy.

Both of the combos above work on every character as far as I know. These are your go-to bnbs to get Ange's corner mixups started.

~[4]6X [3]X EFC 5B 3BC 5B 3BC 5B 2C 236E delay 5D~D j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Totsu starter. Only do this if you either confirmed a raw totsu or you don't have meter and need to wait for it to regenerate.

~[4]6X [3]X EFC step j.A j.B delay j.E delay j.B land 5B (5C) 2C 236E delay 5D~D j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Doesn't work off a lot of hits and can take some time to get down. Has better carry than the other EFC combo.

Corner:

~[4]6A 5A 5B 3BC 5B 2C 236E 5C 2C 4BC - Meterless corner combo. Ends with 2C KD so you can keep your corner pressure going. There are some ranges where 5C 2C might not connect, so be sure to get the spacing down.

~2C(2) 3BC 5B 3BC 5B 2C 236E 5C 2C 4BC - 2C glitter route. Lets you hold a dropkick but has the same problem as the totsu route in terms of spacing.

Fire:

Midscreen:

~[4]6A 5A (5B) 6C sj.A j.A j.C(1) j.236E 5D~3D j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Totsu route corner carry. Can be a bit tricky to get the homing right at first. Just practice.

~2C(2) 3BC step 5B 6C sj.A j.A j.C(1) j.236E 5D~3D j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - 2C glitter route.

Corner:

~[4]6A 5A 6C j.A j.C(1) j.236E 3HC j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Corner combo into knockdown.

~2C(2) 3BC 5B 6C j.A j.C(1) j.236E 3HC j.C land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - 2C glitter route.

2B 2C 3BC step 5A j.B delay j.C j.236E j.B land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Point-blank 2B starter. Can be tricky to get down but it's meterless off an empty homing 2B starter.

Just going to copy/paste my summery of Ange from the Character Introduction thread from HomingCancel.

Angelia is a "pixie" type character with fairly good ways to initiate and take advantage of clashing.
Mostly specializing in annoying your opponent with Totsu([4]6X/2[8]X), Glitter(X+BC) and a deceptively good air throw. Her overall range is short, most of her normals are average at best, and she has no real defensive options without taking risks and her counter(623X) is, at best, okay. Once Ange gets the opponent blocking on the ground, her pressure good and very easy to confirm into a corner carry with knockdown. She has the threat of her level 3-5 dropkicks(Hold a button, can swap between buttons) guard crushing into a full combo and level 5 being completely unblockable. On hit, the damage off level 3-5 dropkicks is great. On counter hit, the damage is insane.

Offense - 3.5
+2C: 2 hits, pulls the opponent on block or hit and allows for a meterless combo on hit. Easily one of her best normals.
+Dropkicks: Level 3 and 4 guard crush. Level 5 is unblockable. Very high damage on hit, corner carries, and devastating on counter hit. Can be used mid-combo for a corner carry and higher damage.
+5B: Good 2 hit meaty normal. Jump cancelable on block and very easy to confirm. Leads to good damage.
+j.B: Reflects, 7f startup, good hitbox, easy to confirm. Good normal, but stubby.
+j.E: Clashes, jump cancelable, great hitbox. Soft knockdown for air enders.
+Glitter: Main meaty after a 2C knockdown.
+Guard canceling Ange's ground pressure is very risky with dropkicks, 2C and glitter.
~j.C: Multiple hitting normal, easy to confirm, and jump cancelable. Poor hitbox, proration is pretty bad.
~ Damage is situational. Either average or extremely high.
~Totsu: Can be setup as a meaty crossup in the corner. Followup can be used as a crossup. Unsafe on block and the followups can be mashed out of. Hitbox isn't very good.
-Short range.
-A normals are overall very poor.
-Air unblockable normals(5E/2E) are below average.

Defense - 3
+Totsu: Clash from frame 1 until active, C totsu attackbox still active after clashing, and keeps her airborne. Best used against jump-ins and in combination with her air throw. Annoying to deal with out of Guard Cancels.
+623X: Full body, 3 frame counter. Can be used in the air.
+63214X: Teleport. Invuln on frame 1 but only goes backwards. Very punishable and has counter hit state throughout.
+214AB: Fast, invuln reversal. On counter hit, allows for very high damage. Has a followup(41236AB) and can be odd to punish, but can still be punished by everyone in some way on block.
+Small hitbox. Can be hard to combo, and some blockstrings will not work on her.
~Glitter can be used as an anti-air but easily clashed and can be punished.
-Normals are not suited for poking out of pressure.
-No actual anti-airs.
-Below average health.

Movement - 3.5
~Standard movement
+Glitter allows for Ange to stall her momentum
+Totsu gives her more movement angles.
+Small hitbox makes her hard to hit.

Mixups - 3
+Dropkicks guard crush for a full combo into knockdown and go back into the same setup.
+Glitter force stand in the corner allows Ange to do very hard to see high/lows. Along with hard to see corner crossups.
~Certain Arcanas allow for every combo to end in a corner knockdown.
-Midscreen mixups are not great and relies mostly on her dropkicks.

Ease of play - 3.5
+Easy to execute game plan.
+Low execution for her basic confirms.
+Flexible game play with many Arcana choices.
~Most of her match ups are good. However, some of her match ups are a very uphill battle.
~Charge character.
-Struggles in neutral with her short normals.
-Most of her tools are only good for one thing.
-Advanced hit confirms can be a pain to execute. Mostly consisting of j.C jump cancel j.D j.C re-jumps.

Most significant changes from AH3 -> AH3LM
5B: Back to her old AH2 5B. Now 2 hits. Good meaty and allows for 5B step 5A 5B loops off low air hit confirms.
2C: Now 2 hits, 2C reels on hit or block. On hit allows for meterless combos. This fixed most of the issues with her ground pressure as it was mediocre at best in AH3.
2E: Better hitbox, Faster start up. Active frames got nerfed.
j.C: Supposedly stronger. Looks like a hit stun buff and might even have gotten an overall hit level buff. We will know more on console. A lot more hitstun added. Converts are easier but the hitbox is still bad.
j.E: Can now be jump canceled!!!!!! Clashboxes were changed around. Not sure how much though.
Glitter: Now done with a direction+BC. AMAZING BUFF! Input overlap is pretty much nonexistent now. More landing recovery on air glitter. Old glitter pressure not possible.
Totsu: Clashbox increased, clash changed around: A totsu no longer has any clash. B has slower start up but clash until active. C has slower start up, more clash, attack still comes out even when clashed.
Dropkicks: Now has 5 levels. Levels 3-4 guard crush and 5 is unblockable. Buttons are interchangeable now. Can homing cancel on hit or block, can be canceled into from her teleport.

Hi, I wanna learn Ange more. I'm currently using Earth, is there a better non-A Button confirm than 5B>2C>236E>5D>j.C>5B>5C>2C>4BC>Oki? Thanks!

Hi, I wanna learn Ange more. I'm currently using Earth, is there a better non-A Button confirm than 5B>2C>236E>5D>j.C>5B>5C>2C>4BC>Oki? Thanks!

That's about as good as it gets for a dropkick hold combo but do note that at some ranges 2C(2) will drop on a few characters. I've been getting away from holding dropkicks lately so I just use the totsu combo instead.

EDIT:

The combo I use is:

5B/2B 2C(2) 3BC step 5B 2C(1) 236E 5D(~D) j.C 5B (5C) 2C(1) 4BC.

Being able to get an extra bit of damage is always nice.

Did 5B always hit twice? I played Ange quite a bit against new players in AH3 and never saw her swing Merlin.

Did 5B always hit twice? I played Ange quite a bit against new players in AH3 and never saw her swing Merlin.

It did in AH2. I have no clue why they removed it in AH3.

Updated the combo post a little bit. There's a lot of situational air-to-airs so that might just be put into a different post.

Fenrir j.236E starter:

j.236E 5HC~3D j.B land step j.B delay j.C(1) [JC] j.D j.C land step 5B 3BC 5B (5C) 2C 4BC - Non-EF

j.236E 5HC~3D j.B land step j.B delay j.C(1) [JC] j.D j.C land 6C EFC step j.A j.B j.C(1) [JC] j.B j.C(1) j.E delay j.C(1) land 5B (5C) 2C 4BC (Eclipse). - EF

Very good hitconfirms into corner carry and knockdown off of j.236E.

If you have 2 bars, you can also do a fuzzy on tall characters(Kamui, Akane, Cathy) with j.236E 5HC~3D j.B land j.B j.236E. You have to be very fast with j.B and you need to get your homing right as well.

Guess I'll do a quadruple post and bump this thread no one will read.

Six Stars!!!!!! Ange seems to be the same as AH3LM Ange. The nerf to her air throw seems not even exist, THEY BUFFED 5B MORE and that's about it really. So she might be higher tiered than before which is nice. I was expecting the air throw nerf to make her air throw go back to AH2 status(shit)