Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Eko

AH3LM_Eko_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Eko thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Eko Wiki Page

Notable Players

S-cape

Popoi

Zabierusan

Since I got no answer in the general thread, I might as well repeat my question here: what does Eko have that makes her different from other all-rounders like Heart? Her supers seem nice, her j.E is obviously good, and though it's nothing on the level of Chibigawa, her drawings seem to be nice for many different setups. Is that it?

Since I got no answer in the general thread, I might as well repeat my question here: what does Eko have that makes her different from other all-rounders like Heart? Her supers seem nice, her j.E is obviously good, and though it's nothing on the level of Chibigawa, her drawings seem to be nice for many different setups. Is that it?

Very good clash game and a lot of ways to initiate clash. Her hitboxes are deceptively good and j.A/j.E are very solid a2a normals. 2B is AUB and can be easily converted into air DP ender -> Drawing super to start her mixup game. Her mixup is pretty much a 50/50 between an empty jump 5A(low)/j.B(high). j.B can convert into around 14k with the right combo.

She's very different from other characters in terms of her movement, use of normals, and overall pressure/mixup game.

EDIT:

Correction, You use Wind and do air DP -> EFC Wind Arcana Eclipse to start her mixup game. Wind is also the Arcana you use for the 14k combo.

i think it's obvious just from looking that eko is not a well rounder.  her defense is better now with a decent DP, but still sub-par compared to a well rounder due to her big size, slow normals, and lack of an anti air that covers the area above and in front of her.  eko is a very aggressive character who excels at pressuring and mixing up, that aggression also carries over into how she plays neutral because she abuses her active frames constantly (though a good player will know when to dial it back to bait things and not get hit of course).   she needs to spend a lot of meter to continue pressure, but she is rewarded decently for it.  Neutral used to be the worst in the game, but with a buffed DP and normals she's looking solid in that aspect

disagree with many points dots made.  eko is good at initiating clash, but due to slow normals, a clashable dp, and clearly reactable supers, her options out of clash are sub-par, especially in the air where the reversals do not exist

i don't find DP to give nearly enough knockdown time to do a drawing super, you'll just get hit if they tech upon hitting the ground.  drawing super is good after an OTG hit canceled into 4/5/6 B (which is now special / super cancelable) though

5A is a slow low but good enough, esp b/c it has a bit of pre-clash.  but the 50/50 that you probably want to do more is left or right j.E, it's much safer and imo, more ambiguous

yes wind is a good arcana for her, but you'll want to learn at least one more aggressive zoning arcana (i.e. love) to counter characters like clarice, especially and specifically clarice, who is looking like her worst matchup atm with those new slashes and eko's size

I'm a fan of Sin Eko. Sin Balls really help cover her approach.

A cool new change is that A drawings are always tulip/structure, B drawings are always cat/bird, and C drawings are always cloud/sun. 

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Ecco the Dolphin is here. (Not a huge amount of stuff, but there's a guide in the OP and a few matchup discussions)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find.