Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Heart Aino

I should have worded that differently, the third one plays into the switch from Thunder being the most dominant choice for Heart, for oki it doesn't matter but it still hurts the Arcana selection.

Ok.. that was what I figured but I didn't know if there was anything else..

So what do you all do now for enders? I just been doing jE enders midscreen into land 5A/2A > wiffs if they tech / restand if they don't then like 5D~8 jAB or 5D~8 jE wiff land 2A or like trying to go for janky jump NH into crossup jB tbh it's all pretty weak mix up wise tho, and not hard to up back / disrespect 

corner pretty much do the same low jE ender into thunder super stuff.

is there better options or are we just stuck with this?

so I just started playing this game with the love max release in NA, and I really like heart.  I've watched plenty of match videos and sugoidb is a great resource, however, I'm having trouble finding what combos to do when in the corner.  From messing around in training mode, it seems like the regular combos I do don't work due to the pushback in the corner.  Does anyone have a good combo notation resource for heart?  Also, because the character is named heart and the game is called arcana heart, it makes it a lot harder to search for heart specific videos which is unfortunate.

has anyone (besides myself) tried Mirror for its EF? Personally I think that it's nice for getting into the opponent (even though the effect itself and Heart's movement haven't changed, iirc) with homing jB or 2B, or homing action jE (at neutral -- haven't tried homing action throw whiff though), or close to the ground homing jB or 2B (move the stick upwards and then downwards 2B), which can work on opponent wakeup

so I just started playing this game with the love max release in NA, and I really like heart.  I've watched plenty of match videos and sugoidb is a great resource, however, I'm having trouble finding what combos to do when in the corner.  From messing around in training mode, it seems like the regular combos I do don't work due to the pushback in the corner.  Does anyone have a good combo notation resource for heart?  Also, because the character is named heart and the game is called arcana heart, it makes it a lot harder to search for heart specific videos which is unfortunate.

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Arcana_Heart_3/Heart_Aino/old

LM introduces a few interesting things with Heart in the corner. Firstly you can use Ribbon Beam in your ground loop after the first Tekken Punch to make the air portion more stable (You get pushed further into the corner, and have more time to hit 6C. Easiest of the meterless options.) The downside is that it shaves off a bit of damage for the total combo because of scaling. For enders you will mostly see j.E or DP Follow-up. Means the corner is where it's the most dangerous because you can pull a quick L/R with good spacing above them.

As far as corner combo, I just sorta wing it I'm not going to lie, you're probably going to get more optimized damage from watching videos. Which leads us to the sad part. Heart isn't the most popular character. The best two Hearts are going to be Gotou and Momiji. Gotou is the player that I prefer to watch, because it's much easier to read what he's doing. Momiji isn't a slouch though, and is possibly the better Heart player. He's just reckless at times. From what I've seen combo theory really hasn't changed too much from earlier match vids, 

You could try poking through the JP BBS (http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/33739/1380802654/l50) and see if there's any info there. Or the JP wiki (http://www29.atwiki.jp/arcanaheart3/pages/346.html)

Also, I would take the vanilla AH3 wiki with a grain of salt. a lot of things have changed with heart with combos. (The ah3lm page also has pretty okay descriptions for her stuff, outside of combos)

Heart's midscreen stuff is basically unchanged but her corner stuff is different so you can use the wiki for those. However, her j.C untech time got obliterated so you need to compensate for that in some EFC combos and some juggles. Don't end with j.623X~j.214X and hope to get any sort of offense going without using something like Thunder or j.214AB. j.E is better for starting your offense again imo.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that outside of EF they took away j.C into j.E. So ignore doing that and instead do either j.A j.B j.E or j.A j.B j.C DP ender.

Thanks for the advice, the wiki gave me a lot of ideas for combos and corner stuff, I seem to have semi-figured it out as far as combo routes go.  I am wondering about what my overall strategy should be as far as neutral goes.  Basically I just try to find a way to homing in to start pressure, but I keep getting blown up by all the people I play.  I understand that these people have way more experience than me since they've been playing since vanilla, but I thought I'd ask here if there's any techniques you think are absolutely necessary to know to play heart.  I have noticed that in the match videos I watched people don't tend to finish block strings but rather opt to jump cancel 2b or 5c and then restart pressure, which I don't do and need to start doing.

You pretty much summed up the biggest piece of advice in your last sentence. Jump canceling the normals to either create enough space to make them feel comfortable to press a button to hit them, or to continue pressure is your best option. keep in mind speed homing is much less safe now.

As far as getting hit out of everything, vary the timings, the angle and distance of your speed homing. Also try hitting buttons earlier in your homing pressure. j.B and j.E are two you're going to want to learn perfectly for timing. 

Momiji doing things in the corner like 2A 2B 5C 236A EFC 2A 5C 421X step 2A 5C 421X 2A 5C -> Mixup in the FT7s and some of his matches at Leisureland this past Friday. Some interesting things to look into.

They're absolutely not the same, Heart lost a lot of combo utility. Another player asked me about Heart combos very recently, so I will be adding AH3LM specific combos within the week to the wiki (hopefully), work and school permitting. The best resource for combos until then is going to be watching match vids, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxKrL7MoyQ& is a great place to start.

2B has a good starting proration but it's only useful as a starter in a guaranteed punish situation. Otherwise, you'll wanna use something like 2AAB as a grounded hit-confirm which leaves you able to to defend or keep attacking depending on the situation.

Hey guys! I finally picked up this game and was hoping someone could give me some BnB's to get me started. Thanks in advanced for your help!