Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Kamui Tokinomiya

What's the deal with Kamui's clash game? A friend of mine is having serious trouble with it. I suspect that she's supposed to play clash super defensive, but he says he often finds himself without jumps in the air.

Kamui has a clash game? That's news to me.

Counter > Critical Heart JUST DO IT.

But yeah if you don't have your second jump ready your pretty hosed you can always 4HC to evade their attack.

Or pick water.

I know I sure as hell don't have a clash game, but I always figured that was my fault not her's.

Counter > Critical Heart JUST DO IT.

Do people actually do that?  I don't think I've ever seen Kamui's Critical Heart in a match.

Bumping instead of editing because 2 weeks is plenty of time to not be considered double-posting.

So I think I can set up a tech-punish by leaving out the super from my EFC bnb:

5B 5C 41236C efc 5A 5B 3B j.B j.C j.B dj.B dj.C dj.421C dj.236A+B - 10,415 dmg

Or for the same amount of meter:

5B 5C 41236C efc 5A 5B 3B j.B j.C j.B dj.B dj.C dj.421C (fall) air-throw 5D j.A j.B j.C j.421C 9,890 + 5,268 = 15,158 dmg

For one more meter add j.236A+B = 16,308 dmg + hard knockdown

In training mode against Earth Akane I can land the air-throw on both neutral and forward tech at any screen position, on back tech only against the wall.  Also I have no idea if it's fast enough to prevent reversals.

Anyone else have any good tech-punishes, mix-ups, or anything to help with pressure and neutral game? 

What arcanas are people using for Kamui these days? I just started playing again and I'm using Time because it's what I'm most familiar with. I'd prefer another arcana that allows for Uruga loops, but I'm willing to try anything.

What arcanas are people using for Kamui these days? I just started playing again and I'm using Time because it's what I'm most familiar with. I'd prefer another arcana that allows for Uruga loops, but I'm willing to try anything.

Dark, Wind, Water, Time, and Love is what I usually see a lot of. Also seen Fire a few times. I personally think Dark, Wind and Water are better than Time for her so look into those.

So the changelist for Six Stars has been translated: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8382-lm-news-gameplay-discussion/page-14#entry870923

Tokinomiya Kamui

6A - changed blowback course, lower region of close hitbox expanded
Uruma C - faster charge, shorter active frames
Habaki - lighter damage proration on first hit, added guardstun in A version   
Kanna - changed command to 63214 + attack

Haven't seen much Kamui play yet so I'm not sure exactly how the changes affect her but from this they all seem like improvements.  I like the new command for Kanna, though.  No more mis-inputs going from crouch blocking to standing attacks, and if you're playing Kamui you should be good enough at half-circles anyway to get it when you need it.

2A 2B 2C [4]6B, standing A-B-df+B small question about these combos, in the first one what is [4]? is it a charge? and in the second what does df mean, And EFC means Extend Force right

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the character-specific information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Kamui is here. (A lot of discussion, but especially near the end some of it is about setups/etc. that may or may not translate over to LM)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find. The docs are open for anyone to edit and remove outdated content, but please post here if you make any significant changes or believe that the whole document  has been looked over and is ready to be merged into this thread.