Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Lilica Felchenerow

AH3LM_Lilica_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Lilica thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Lilica Wiki Thread

Notable Players

Karisu

HEK

LAR

Oshimu

Freedom

iincho

changes

236a 236a (the up kick): hits crouchers now, opening up a new combo route for her grounded (see pastebin)

214: massive buffs

- during rekka series: will fling opponent down instead of up. homing cancel this to go into new routes (see pastebin)

- much faster startup

- much more untech

6c: massive buff, goes forward a lot more and connects consistently on crouchers off 5c(1)

bats super: buffed, throws more bats and the initial hit and bats combo. is NOT invincible like initial reports stated

dive super: buffed, tracks better and faster startup

everything else seems mostly the same

@AllyOfJustice please keep questions gameplay related. Your question isn't one you're going to get an answer to and only opens yourself up to trolling.

Keep comments constructive guys, if people come in here to troll I will stop it.

new route for grounded 236a combo:

... -> 236a 236a 214c [6] j.d~d~a 5a...

with jump in or 2a starter, end with j.a j.c

with 2b starter, end with 5c(1) 236a 236c 214a j.a dj.a dj.c (proration is high but possible, unstable though)

the j.d~d~a is a speed homing [6] buffered into a whiffed airthrow which reduces landing recovery, allowing 5a to combo

you need to do the 5a earliest as possible on landing

this route deals less than j.d j.e sj.a sj.b dj.a dj.b dj.c, but if you've nearly got them cornered and don't want the flipthrough to pull them out, the j.d~d~a will let you fly past them and combo from the other side, pushing them back into corner. it seems to be only useful for positioning situations (and looking funny)

How does she fare with the Time arcana? I like how in her backdash (that is huge) she gets the time clone to cover her and then you can try to punish with one of her moves out of her backdash. But i think her oki with time is not that good since she ends in the air after a knockdown. I'm liking thunder also 'cause is similar than time backdash, but instead it kind of covers your dash with a clash, and also has good oki, but then is difficult to land a 236C while in her dash while you are closing in, and that limits her mixup. Also, any ideas with other arcanas?

I havn't played Time Lilica in LM but in AH3, I know you could 44~6B immediately so your backdash would actually cover parts of your standing B hitbox.  You could also do things like 44~6 8j. and punish things like a Fiona 214A+B super by just backdashing>canceling>jumping out of the first hit, I assume you can still do this.

For oki just end a combo with time super then just hit them with j.C after that, then you can land and setup orbs/clones whatever. 

so after messing with 6c and dealing with crouchers and weird hitboxes i've decided to just use this ef combo instead because stability is important and i don't want to memorize half a dozen proration exceptions

(j.a/b) (2a/b) 2b 2c efc (5a 5c(1) 236a) x 3 236c 214bc
6929 dmg (2a, 3 reps)
8878 dmg (2b, 3 reps)
9228 dmg (j.b 2b, 2 reps)
9093 dmg (j.b 2a, 2 reps)

this works on everyone including dorothy, who has a small hitbox, and cathy/kira, who has a higher center to their hitboxes

easy way to remember proration for this is:

single 2a or 2b = 3 loops
anything else = 2 loops

(this actually worked in ah3 but lack of arcana eclipse left you with poor options)

EDIT: optimizing

(j.a/b) (2a/b) 2b 2c efc (5a (5b) 5c(1) 236a) x 2/3 236c 214bc
7375 dmg (2a, 3 reps)
8878 dmg (2b, 3 reps)
9540 dmg (j.b 2b, 2 reps w/5b x 2)
9324 dmg (j.b 2a, 2 reps w/5b)
- easy, stable, but slightly less dmg
- rule of thumb: 3 reps when opening with 2a x 1 or 2b, 2 reps with 5a 5b 5c(1) otherwise, remove 2nd 5b if opening with j.b 2a or 2a 2a

some ef combo experimentation with non-eclipse combos for non-love lilica

2b 2c efc 66 5a 5a j.a j.e j.c j.e (land) sj.e j.b j.e j.b dj.e dj.c (j.236a)
8878 dmg
- this is a non-eclipse oki ef combo with decent dmg, but the down isn't too great. not much reason to use this in love, but for other arcana it's not too bad

(j.a/b) (2a/2b) 2c efc 66 5a 5a j.a j.e j.c j.e (land) sj.a j.e j.b dj.e dj.c (j.236a)
6652 dmg (2a)
9078 dmg (j.b 2a)
9067 dmg (j.b 2b)
- the 2a opener prorates heavily and you can't get the sj.e with the j.b opener
- haven't checked j.b/j.c openers but you probably need this version or something even more abbreviated
- still not sure if these are worth using unless you're not on love arcana

grounded 6c combo route from karisu matchvids. this is optimal dmg + spacing unless you want to switch sides using the j214c route when you're cornered

(j.a/b) (2a/b) 2b 5c(1) 6c(2) 236a 236a j.d[9] j.b j.c j.e (land) j.a j.b dj.a dj.b dj.c
6632 dmg (2a)
8288 dmg (2b)
7819 dmg (j.a 2a)
9018 dmg (j.b 2a)
9147 dmg (j.b 2b)
- be sure to use normal jump not sj
- use dj.a dj.c in corner due to pushback
- best screen carry, more dmg than j.214c route, but can't switch sides. a little less stable
- whiffs on dorothy (too small) and cathy (too high)

played some more games vs kiras. a couple of points.

- kira's hurtbox is higher than the bottom of the blob. because of this, if you are lower, flip through combos that work on everyone else will NOT work on her. examples include:

- j.a j.b dj.a dj.e j.214c

- max-distance 236a 236a j.214c

and situational a2a confirms where kira is higher than you (probably cause you want to j.e her in the ass)

for these situations, confirm using j.ab dj.b, j.ab dj.e, or using a shortened 236a 236a 236b -> optional j.236ab. this was def not a part of the matchup before since j214 basically saw no use, but it was most likely already an issue with the hitbox on j214 that never came up. overall, the matchup still plays out the same since both charas got buffed: if kira gets vortex going, lilica probably loses. in neutral, lilica can harass until she wins, but it's a dangerous game the entire time

Never played any AHs and I was trying to pick up Lilica. I know Love is the most basic/Go to Arcana for the most characters, but which ones are Lilica's best?

I'm also having a bad time with the neutral game, any tips on what tools to use regarding that? Thanks!

imo, lilica's best arcanas:

wind - the extra jump allows lilica movement options after a full-damage doublejump combo. pushblock over normal 6gc helps massively on defense as her clash game is poor. coverage from wind boomerang and mixup off whirlpool using airthrow -> j.214e -> left/right is very good. she can't really maximize usage of eclipse sadly

thunder - thunder affords lilica better defense by giving her 5[e] clash -> 5a or 6gc -> 2[e] to clash, both of which lead into decent damage opportunities. since lilica is poor on defense but has a good 5a, this will help offset how easily she can be rushed down by certain charas from air to ground. thunder's strongest point is having an EF combo that allows 95% screen carry into a thunder pit left/right mixup. getting one opening -> successful mixup is about 16k combined damage, resulting in 65-75% life lost for opponent

love - all-around good arcana. beam helps keep opponents honest at long range, loveball gives her better ways to approach but can be useless in certain matchups. fast recharge and meter build always good. nothing wrong with love, but wind's superior versatility and thunder's extra offense/defense options makes love a safe, stable, but slightly underpowered pick

sin - still on the fence on this one. sin is more playable now that lilica has good meterless damage routes, and sin balls give much more coverage than love for approach. not sure how well 623e does on offense just yet for her

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the character-specific information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Lilica is here. (Lots of arcana discussion, and some various bits from bellreisa specific to LM)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find. The docs are open for anyone to edit, but please post here if you make any significant changes or believe that the whole document  has been looked over.