Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Maori Kasuga

AH3LM_Maori_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Maori thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Maori Wiki Page

Notable Players

ACT

Tenzaki

Hime

I have a question!

Someone told me before about how to set up an unblockable off a knockdown using something to force the opponent to block (I think it was an Earth Arcana move), and 421C. The first move forces the opponent to block long enough, I was told, that by the time they're out of block stun, the unblockable 421C is too close for them to escape. I don't remember anything else about it, though, and I never got to try it myself. Can anyone help clear up the details of it for me? Or even just tell me "there's no such thing; somebody lied to you?" Thank you!

In AH3 vanilla, I believe she had resets taking advantage of either an opponent in blockstun or the 2F suki. I believe they would combo from 6C into 421C and setup a guard break situation where they would cover jump outs and guard cancels with the command whips and nee-san. I don't think you can do this anymore in AH3LM because of various changes (421C being not homing cancellable is one of them).

This character is still cheap and they helped her out in 1.04 by giving her AUB Nee-sans which was nice as in 1.03 she wasn't as scary and HJG kinda wrecked her pressure. Nee-san guard crush setups are still in but seem to be harder to setup and I think blast can still get you out of it.

Air whip being a mid also kind of wrecked her pressure game but it really shouldn't have been a high in the first place. New 2C is nice and makes for some pretty easy combos into a setup. IIRC 421C can be hit a lot easier than in AH3(if at all) and I think they added more recovery on her 421 series. Air Nee-san is also pretty nice for really high a2a confirms and lets Maori setup her oki off fairly high up hits.

Still a good character imo. I never got to learn her but this is what I've seen from watching her a little bit and a few minutes in training mode.

I love her. Her Shrine Maiden dress is like a shrine itself to worship. It mystically pronounces her large bust without needing to be revealing or showing skin! She was the first girl I chose, out of all. Really like to learn her, anyone have any combo examples for Love Max!!! ? And she's considered a cheap character? Ha, wow.

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the character-specific information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Maori is here. (A fair bit of discussion, mostly about Arcana choices and general gameplan)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find. The docs are open for anyone to edit, but please post here if you make any significant changes or believe that the whole document  has been looked over.