Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Mei-Fang

AH3LM_Mei-Fang_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Mei-Fang thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Mei-Fang Wiki Page

Notable Players

B.J.

Iwao

PICK TIME (5C>REKKAs)xN DO DAMAGE!!!!!

Pick any Mei(except Fire) and do 236CAB EFC 6C 5B x N. She does damage in any Arcana.

Hell, just hit them and they'll explode with almost any damn Arcana. Doesn't matter, just fucking hit them and watch your numbers.

mei is massively buffed since the last game, she consistently does over 10k when using meter

the big change here is that her specials basically all cancel into each other now, so if you liked the link styled mei fang in ah3 who was weak, you'll like this version that is strong even more

base combos are simple:

using > to indicate a link, xx to indicate a special cancel, and ~ to indicate a rekka chain

2A > 2B (or other starter) 236C ~ 236C xx 421x xx 236B ~ 236C xx 421x xx 236B ~ 236C xx 623C NHC~D~B E(2) dj NH j.(A) B E(1-2) 214AB

*While the DJ instant NH is optional, it does add extra hits.  However, it will not work if you overshoot with your first boost, they must be above you for the NH to take you up to continue the combo.

*When doing the easy version that just uses a regular DJ, I found small characters hard to get a full j.B E(2), and often did just j.B E (1) 214AB for stability

-Very important to the above combo, EF version is EFCing at the last 236C and doing a 2[E], j.NH into full air combo (haven't learned yet)

in EF, you can just hold forward and mash C for a combo, end with a 6C 2C into an OTG hit for a forced tech

the meterless ground combo is different now.  it's (B or C normal) into 236C ~ 236C > 5A j9.A E(2) dj.etc

or more old fashioned: 2C 236A ~ 236C > 5A j9.etc

these meterless combos should work for around 2-3 hit starters depending on the level of attack

on higher proration meterless combos, you're probably best off using her special cancels  after a loop i.e.: 2A > 5B > 5C 236C ~ 236C xx 421x xx 236B ~ 236A xx 623A xx j.1236A for example (untested on the last hit, but you should get the idea from this)

good character, i'm happy with her.  the new and more challenging combos add depth to an otherwise simple (if not hard to play, due to links being bad for pressure in this game) character

The best solution would be to slow down the input a bit, AH3 has a fairly large buffer so returning to neutral for even a few frames may clean up the issue entirely. Alternatively you can possibly try inputting the second rekka as 41236C and see if that works better for you!

I've noticed a lot of times when I try to use 236c ~ 236c, I tend to accidently pull of a  623c and it really screws me up. Any one else deal with this?

What you want to do is mash the button, but not the motion. In other words do 236 then mash c in your case. For me this method has always helped me in doing some of the more complicated inputs in this game.

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Mei-Fang is here. (Barely any info, just a bit of matchup discussion)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find.