Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Petra Johanna Lagerkvist

AH3LM_Petra_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Petra thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Petra Wiki Page

Notable Players

KAKO

Sengoku

ABo

bump

some random notes about changes:

-6c sjc not totally useless, can still use it reliably for pressure vs most of the cast. options are just way more limited

-just like in AH2 you cant unload a full clip whenever you feel like without suffering in neutral in round 1

-BC~B nerf hurts!!!!!!!!!!! : - (

-this char is cool

Sweet. So a Petra thread finally gets made. I've been out of the Arcana Heart scene for a little while, but I'm ready to duel wield with my Petra (my waifu) again.

Speaking of which, I heard that Petra received a nerf to her counter and some of her normals have been altered. Is that true or was I misinformed? 

big changes:

no EFC off of dodge (whatever - you can still cancel the followup on hit at any time, and you can still do 214AB out of dodge for more invincibility if needed)

no jc off 6C, must use sjc (big combo and pressure game nerf)

ground ricochet bullets don't stay on screen as long (some mixups are gone because of this, but lv1 is mostly unchanged. just learn to make good use of those and youll figure the rest out)

gauge refill time from reload super lengthened (whatever)

BC~B followup has shorter range (im crying)

214 series covers different ranges now (very good)

i believe theres some other changes like some damage nerfs but those dont really matter that much, she can still do high dmg with meter consistently

a lot of the changes just made her pressure game worse; something she didn't really need to rely on originally. air ricochet is a very strong utility that makes up for the changes along with new arcana eclipse stuff

play neutral smart and use bullets effectively and most matchups wont feel much different

Since the wiki is going through updates I assume what are some quick BnB changes I should know of (I was told some of the old stuff doesn't work) thats different from whats on the old wiki page ? 

something big that I forgot to note earlier: 236B is entirely different! it doesn't knock them very far away and it leaves them hanging in an awkward spot for you if you don't follow up with anything. that said you can juggle after for free with either 2 different enders depending on the situation: 236B -> 5C 22A/B or 236B -> dash up 5B short air combo for kd

any hitconfirm into 6C requires a meter to get damage from if you're not canceling into 214. you can combo into it without meter via sjc but it's very inconsistent and the results aren't worth it

the changes to 214 allow for more consistent confirms off of random hits. for example in the corner you can do a HC3 214A~C after landing a command grab for pretty decent starter damage. you can also do stuff like lv.1 236A EFC 214B~B/C at close distance

you can combo off of j421 ricochet as well, you generally want to use an airdash to follow up if they're close enough. pretty sure it requires a counterhit if they're further away but need to check

Any help to a scroob (noob+scrub) Petra beginner like wat arcana 2 use, BnBs, etc...

I'm not sure about Petra specifically, but I usually reccomend love to beginners (not that I'm not a beginner as well) until you get familiar with the game since it's so simple to use and really has no glaring flaws (no overwhelimg strength either.)

Since the wiki is going through updates I assume what are some quick BnB changes I should know of (I was told some of the old stuff doesn't work) thats different from whats on the old wiki page ? 

Not really sure of Petra's exact changes but you might get a good idea of what combos you can do from this video if it helps any.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23638644

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Petra is here. (Not much - Arcana discussion thread was the only useful one)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find.