Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Scharlachrot

AH3LM_Scharlachrot_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Scharlachrot thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Scharlachrot Wiki Page

Notable Players

Peso

Wara

Miura

Whatever you want really. Obviously you might get more mileage from some arcanas more than others , but thanks to the buffs she got in Love Max + actual mixups, Scharl is pretty flexible.

Love, Darkness, Wind, Plant, Fenrir and Tone are all solid arcana choices for Scharl in this game.  Ice and Tyr are not bad either, as they have some of the best corner carry in terms of blockstrings + decent long range confirms. But you can make anything work with her honestly, as long as you're truly taking advantage of the tools and options she's gained in LoveMax.

Most of her combos are off of close 2C hits which can be very risky to go for. You're mostly getting hit confirms off of anti-air hits with non-plant scharl.

Translated from JP wiki though, here are the top arcana choices. (Take with a grain of salt as always)

A: Plant Wind 

B: Fire Metal Ice Halo

C: Love Earth Sin Magnet Flower Tyr

D: Thunder Time Dark Evil Water Tone Fenrir

E: Sacred Punishment Mirror Luck

Tyr Scharl is so fun but I can't seem to get any good comboes without points, got any 7th?

Tyr-Specific combos? There aren't many. You might find useful tyr-specific combos along the lines of....

[2A,2C,EFC, 5B,jB, djc~j5D,jB, 5A,2E,214214E]

Easy setup for tyr wall oki since 214214E recovers faster in EF. After that, you can go for crossup anti-air 2B.

[5A,5C,EFC, 2C,6HC,5A,IAD jB, 5A,623E]

Corner carry.

Then of course she gets the BC super confirm [any long-range ground hit > EFC > stuff > Eclipse], which basically lets confirm into 6-7k dmg from max-range 5C/2C with little effort.

Those combos can definitely be optimized, but they might give you some ideas to try out. Other combos, similar to what Rei said are going to be air confirms, in which it will be harder to incorporate Tyr, at least for a specific use. Even j623E has been rendered obsolete due to Scharl's new j6BB. You do however have safer/better pressure than plant, and solid frame traps that catch jump startup (plant does too, but using vine actually weakens your pressure in AH3LM).

And yeah, I agree that list should definitely be taken with a grain of salt.....  :vbang: 

Is there a comprehensive change list for Scharl in LM? I suppose I should check the wiki when I get home.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Is there a comprehensive change list for Scharl in LM? I suppose I should check the wiki when I get home.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

http://curbeh.blogspot.com/2013/10/arcana-heart-3-love-max-version-103.html

console version is a little different (this change list is a slightly older version of AH3LM). But most of the changes are here.

For anyone picking up Scharl in AH3LM.... made a vid showing some her basic combos, plus advanced ones later on (side swap combos, full screen corner carry, air grab confirms into wind eclipse, etc)...  Also included my new 16k Tone Scharl combo, for those who are looking for ridiculous damage. :P

EDIT : ( had to reupload thanks to weird interlacing in the video)

Section I : Basic Combos - beginner combos

Section II : Arcana Combos - more advanced combos

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Scharlachrot is here. (A fair bit of in-depth discussion here, including a guide for Love Max)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find.