Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ky0n01

Testament

Match-up rating by N-O 6:4 TE's adv Zoning Try to use balls formations that can cover the ground and air. K>S ball in particular. If they warrant your balls you can just guard and punish it. And be sure to always push a ball or two to remove hitomi's and zeinest. And remember that hitomi activates when you're only above it, air or ground and it deactivates whenever you hit testament When summoning balls you have to be wary against since he can exe beast your ass anytime he wants. According from the videos that I've watched, summoning aerial balls is the best option. Or if you feel that he'll go for a exebeast then try to IAD and punish him before he recovers. But if your Testament player loves to play safe you'll always eat 6K when you IAD since they can FRC EXEBEAST. PRESSURE You have to be close enough if you don't want warrant or 2h to hit you. When doing your CR pressure you must be close so they won't have time to use warrant or 2H. 2H actually beats carcass raid when upclose but it can't if you're quite far. If your Testament player loves to warrant you need to avoid using slow pokes like 5S, 6H and even 2S. So its better to use fast recovery moves like 2k. Even if you hit warrant with 2k you won't get hit bec you'll recover faster. I think it depends on the moves + frames but I'm not sure. I noticed that whenever I hit a warrant with a carcass raid or any heavy move, my character freezes and gets hit by it. And to counter 2H you must use moves like FB MS, carcass raid(near) and 2D. Adding FB MS and 2D to your pressure string will make them scared of using 2H so try it. Bec normal MS can't beat TE's 2H you have to use FB MS most of the time. Mixup You can do any kind of mixup you want, but if your mixup fails and you're getting pushed back you can still use FRC stinger aim S(+2 frames) or H (- 13 frames) to get back on pressure. My honki mode pressure strings and mixup whenever my hp is 1% Corner ( cS(3hits), CR, dash 2K, cS(2hits) , CR, dash 2K, cS(3hits), 5H, STINGER AIM H FRC, IAD, [fuzzy guard mixup.... jk, jS, madstruggle] Mid-screen Okizeme MS ( KD, MS or 2K/ KD MS or 2K or double MS to fuck their mind ) Mid-screen Okizeme K-ball ( KD, summon K-ball, jK, IAD JS or land 2K ) Some stuff to remember: TK GRAVEDIGGER - This moves recover is fucking fast, even if you guard it, both of you will recover at the same time, so don't try to use any moves other than a throw if your in range.*need to confirm* WARRANT - Actually, the level of the move you used affects the time you'll freeze. Anti-Air - Testament don't have any good stuff against air so don't be scared to jump in. to be continued

Just a note - VE's 2HS beats out TE's 2HS. Yes, I know it's slow as fuck and you have to do it early, but if you predict his 2HS, throw it out and you'll get a counterhit. And generally TE doesn't have that many ways to get out of pressure unless you leave obvious gaps. I honestly don't think we can win the zoning game, so pin TE down with some balls then dash in for corner pressure and mixup.

Just a note -

VE's 2HS beats out TE's 2HS. Yes, I know it's slow as fuck and you have to do it early, but if you predict his 2HS, throw it out and you'll get a counterhit.

And generally TE doesn't have that many ways to get out of pressure unless you leave obvious gaps. I honestly don't think we can win the zoning game, so pin TE down with some balls then dash in for corner pressure and mixup.

And when exactly are you gonna insert 2H to counter TE's 2H? I can't think of any pressure string except canceling carcass raid or stinger aim then 2H.

I think they can use warrant if you're not close enough when doing your CR pressure. So in order to close the gap I only dash CS, then carcass raid.

I can't remember this match up very well anymore because its been months since I've started playing T6. So forgive me if I am wrong with teh details i post :p

2HS and Warrant are good moves for Testament players to use every now and again for shock value, but I don't think they should be your main concern when trying to apply pressure (although warrant FRC combos can get pretty messy). I'm much more afraid of HS EXE Beast. That shit is pretty dumb. Even if you hit him during the startup it won't stop, and you are NOT gonna want a trade. Venom really doesn't seem to have a good answer for it, aside from like.....not being on the ground=/. CR cancel trickery into IAD combo might get the job done, but I dunno. Aside from that, the first post is pretty spot-on IMO. Do most of your summoning in the air to avoid S EXE Beast, and use angled ball strikes to try and get rid of nets. Also be very cautious of where Testament has trees set up, or you'll regret it. Apply a little pressure once you can for him to block something and no traps are in the way.

Just reading over a few notes after playing against pulsr this past weekend. I'd have to disagree with Testament anti-airing, but maybe that's just cause pulsr is really good at reading jumps. His j.S has a horizontal range that will straight out beat anything we have. He also has a 5P that is pretty good about whacking out certain jump-ins and when in doubt, Badlands serves as a decent air-to-air tool. The places where I was able to punish him the most was when I would stay just barely out of (or in) forward EXE Beast range and I'd IAD over with a j.K > j.S > blah blah > knockdown. Dashing forwards and backwards a lot also helps with baiting EXE Beasts, but at the same time don't dash too far forward or you'll eat an EX Gravedigger / Badlands. This fight is a lot of playing carefully. He can hit you at anytime and almost anywhere. I really don't have much else to say haha, you just have to be ridiculously cautious and I can't stress how even trading vs Testament oftentimes actually means you lose. :vbang: