Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Weiß

AH3LM_Weiss_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Weiß thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Weiß Wiki Page

Notable Players

Momiji

Knife

KuronaP

Weiß's Love Max!!!!! wiki is currently in the process of being fully updated for the new version. Combos are up to date for LM as is her general game plan section. Arcana Selection and move descriptions / properties are my next project for her page.

I will also move relevant information like thoughts on Arcana selection and matchups to this thread once I get them all situated on the wiki. 

Hope everyone is enjoying LM's changes~

EDIT: Just as an update I finished Weiß's move section today! All descriptions written and pictures uploaded for everything that doesn't involve her swords. The sword is it's on sprite so we have to wait on sprite rips to get pictures for some supers and equipped normals. 

If anyone has any suggestions let me know and I'll get it fixed up!

if you could post a good ef combo to start that would be sick. preferably on that ends in j.e so i can run my water/dark oki.

if you could post a good ef combo to start that would be sick. preferably on that ends in j.e so i can run my water/dark oki.

Most of Weiss' EFC combos end with 2C unless you're going for damage.

So something like 2A 5B 5C 236C EFC Step 2A 5B sj.C j.B j.C j.E j.C j.E(whiff) land 4B 2C - oki/equip.

Another easy one off 4B 623C route:

2A 5B 5C 4B 623C EFC step 5A 5A 5C sj.E j.C j.E j.C j.E(whiff) land 4B 2C.

More advanced:

2A 5B 5C 4B 623C EFC Step delay 5B 2B 5C 4B 5B sj.C j.B j.C j.E j.C j.E(whiff) land 4B 2C.

EDIT:

These are mostly for Arcanas that don't alter hitstun.

So something like 2A 5B 5C 236C EFC Step 2A 5B sj.C j.B j.C j.E j.C j.E(whiff) land 4B 2C - oki/equip.

I would suggest using 236B over C version for this combo. More damage and I've found the farther carry of C version can sometimes make the air sequence impossible to due distance from corner.

I would suggest using 236B over C version for this combo. More damage and I've found the farther carry of C version can sometimes make the air sequence impossible to due distance from corner.

I've never had a problem with using 236C for the EFC combo and I prioritize the carry over the damage for equip/oki enders but that's personal preference.

I've never had a problem with using 236C for the EFC combo and I prioritize the carry over the damage for equip/oki enders but that's personal preference.

Completely understandable, I've just hit some distances using C version where they're not quite in the corner and the second rep of j.C misses due to the spacing. It's negligible really either way, I guess I'm just used to Vanilla's combo. 

any idea of how safe it is to end a air combo j.e into dark's j.236e? if they know im gonna do it, is there some kind of reaction to stop me from getting the shadow out to at least trade? what about the super version or the other dark specials?

also, any tips on doing that njNH mid combo to get that relaunch? i find it mechanically hard to do even in training.... does it add so much damage that i want to grind it out, or can i ignore for now?

any idea of how safe it is to end a air combo j.e into dark's j.236e? if they know im gonna do it, is there some kind of reaction to stop me from getting the shadow out to at least trade? what about the super version or the other dark specials?

Never tried Dark setup with Weiss so I'm not sure.

also, any tips on doing that njNH mid combo to get that relaunch? i find it mechanically hard to do even in training.... does it add so much damage that i want to grind it out, or can i ignore for now?

The damage gain is minimal, you can absolutely ignore it for now for the easier version. Just do stuff > 6HC > 2A 5B 5C [sjc] j.A j.B j.4B [jc] j.C(2) j.E

As for tips on getting it down, just homing j.C as quickly as possible after you jump cancel the j.B - it's gotta be fast. Also you only have to whiff the j.E from certain heights, normally you can ignore it and still land in time to 5B. Not having to worry about that should help you concentrate on the other things you have to press.

why are you adding 2a in that example combo? is that for a far confirm, because ive been doing whatever 5c 4b 623c 6hc 5b 5c sjc j5b j4b dj j5b j5e or something simliar for 'i hit you and i want to combo you now for 1 meter'. never needed to add a 2a to get it to work. kinda curious

Stability and damage, usually if you omit the 2A after the homing you want to add a j.A in the air sequence later to get more overall damage. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI3N18ZOA-E

Ignoring the Equip at the end these combos should still viable from vanilla? I haven't had a chance to experiment with them due to my busy schedule so can someone enligten me? Plus I'm attached to using Sin as an Arcana so I can't wait to provide videos, once in  a while I would use Fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI3N18ZOA-E

Ignoring the Equip at the end these combos should still viable from vanilla? I haven't had a chance to experiment with them due to my busy schedule so can someone enligten me? Plus I'm attached to using Sin as an Arcana so I can't wait to provide videos, once in  a while I would use Fire.

For the most part yes, almost all of those combos from vanilla work. The only major changes are j.C re-jump combos not working unless counter hit at certain heights due to the untech time nerf on j.C and not being able to do the OTG hits after equipping in safe equip combos. 

The meterless Flower air combo no longer works either due to the j.C changes but you already said you plan on using Sin and Fire so that doesn't really matter.

Another thing: Please learn how to convert your low a2a normals into equip. Very important and there's examples of it in the video a few posts above. Getting ~10k and equip is too good to pass up.

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the character-specific information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Weiss is here. (Decent amount of matchup stuff near the end)

Also because Weiss is an often-recommended beginner character and one of the comments here said that the combos haven't really changed since Vanilla, here's the AH3 Weiss combo thread. It's unformatted and it's still possible that some elements are outdated, but perhaps it'll be useful to someone.

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find. The docs are open for anyone to edit, but please post here if you make any significant changes or believe that the whole document  has been looked over.