Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Yoriko Yasuzumi

AH3LM_Yoriko_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Yoriko thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Yoriko Wiki Page

Notable Players

Buchitoka

Haru

Maru

Minorun

Hey guys! Basic Yoriko combos are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InuorJYMyKc (the video is from vanilla but pretty much everything is still relevant)

Yoriko got a bit weaker overall in LM, but some of her buffs are really good and she's still a really solid character!

Her biggest losses were the changes to how EX Pent works (no longer breaks based on HP, breaks after 1 hit), loss of easy high/low mix-up (236A is a mid now), and the Pent Rush changes (less damage, lower prorate). Otherwise, she plays exactly how she did in AH3!

I'm still working on some new combo routes because of the undocumented 6C change, so I might have a video to post up about that soonish.

So after a lot of match play with Yoriko, I can say she's definitely still a strong character, but a lot of her ways of brute forcing in on opponents have been weakened, making it overall a lot harder to play her in LM.

The hardest hits were most likely 3A, which now has sizable recovery (a whiff can be pretty easily punished now), and all of her pented specials. I'm not sure if there was a hitbox reduction on her powered rushes, but they definitely seem a bit off compared to vanilla. Conversely, the recovery added to 421X is very substantial - it can no longer be used in closer ranges as a spacing tool due to all the recovery they added to it. Additionally, 5C no longer has frame 1 clash on it -- it's been moved further out (it feels more like frame 4 onwards now), which makes that defensive option worse as well.

All in all, it has become a lot easier to abuse Yoriko on whiffs and her defensive options have gotten worse. She's still a fun character to play, but neutral can be suffering a bit -- you definitely have to play the character a lot more solidly in this version to overcome strong players.

As for the 6C change, I've found out you can still convert off it the same way, you just have to be faster. For those that don't know, 6C was given a close version for some reason which is harder to combo from, but it's not impossible.

That's all I have for now!

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the character-specific information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Yoriko is here. (Not too much info for Yoriko, but a little bit on arcana choices and a discussion on the merits of Sin)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find.