A.X.I.S.

[CP 1.1] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

I know what you guys want him to get but what do you guys think ArcSys will actually give him, because unfortunately those are probably two completely different things.

Please explain exactly how you did this. i would like to practice it.

5A > 8 > 360D (backwards > 360C

You could always kara cancel Voltec into 720, but you weren't allowed to do it if you gatling into Voltec. This way I'm fake jump cancelling into Voltec so it doesn't count as a gatling, then immediately kara cancelling it.

5A > 8 > 360D (backwards > 360C

You could always kara cancel Voltec into 720, but you weren't allowed to do it if you gatling into Voltec. This way I'm fake jump cancelling into Voltec so it doesn't count as a gatling, then immediately kara cancelling it.

Uhhh, all I'm seeing is 5A > 720C.  Which isn't any big deal.  You just gotta be really quick.

Out of curiosity, who can you do anti-air AC > 6C > GF whiff combos on from mid-screen? And how, for instance, do you have to do a half step forward then 6C, immediately 6C after AC, or what? Want to figure out how to do these.

Uhhh, all I'm seeing is 5A > 720C.  Which isn't any big deal.  You just gotta be really quick.

If I'm understanding Ctrl correctly:

Since 5A is fast and jump cancelable, it is necessary to VTC into 720 so you stay on the ground.

However, canceling VTC into 720 is (apparently) not allowed if it was a gatling VTC.

To bypass that restriction, you jump cancel 5A so it becomes a raw VTC.

In short, you are jump canceling 5A, canceling the jump startup with VTC, and then kara canceling the VTC with 720. my brain

That's not all. Normally that would be too fast and get you a purple throw. So he threw in a SMP move in there to reduce the untech time enough for that to not be purple.

You could still just delay the 720 a bit. At least, you could back in CS2 when 5A was level 1.

Your summaries are both correct.

You could still just delay the 720 a bit. At least, you could back in CS2 when 5A was level 1.

Unfortunately you can't really without some stun proration first, but it doesn't matter because you can still just do 5A>recover>Standing 720 and it's still really fast and useful. You can ever buffer during 5A so long as you take care not to hit an up directional and jump on accident.

The reason is because VTC has to be kara cancelled so fast you're literally required to purple throw in most circumstances if you go for the jumping setup. The exception is obviously when you've reduced the stun proration so much like in that vid.

Random question time:

Is it possible to 2B, buffer a 360 motion, 5A, then do another 360 motion to get a 720? I can do 2B walk forward 720 with some success, but I can't get 2B 5A 720 at all, and I can't tell if the 5A is canceling my input buffer or if I'm just messing it up.

I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure that if you can get the input buffer to register a 360 motion during the 2B, do 5A (still retaining the 360 motion), then 360C to finish a 720, the game would give you 360A in the first place.

You'd either get a 2B > 360A, or a 2B > 5A > 360C (which would either do a 5C/6C/j.C depending on how you input your 360)

I'll try it after work today to make sure.

Random question time:

Is it possible to 2B, buffer a 360 motion, 5A, then do another 360 motion to get a 720? I can do 2B walk forward 720 with some success, but I can't get 2B 5A 720 at all, and I can't tell if the 5A is canceling my input buffer or if I'm just messing it up.

plain 2b>720c is very easy on hit or whiff, but with a little practice i was able to get 5a/2a whiff>720c down fairly easy and consistently on my dualshock 4 dpad.

Just to clarify: I'm doing this on block, not whiff.

It seems that Brice's answer is correct. Any time the input buffer retains the first 360 motion, pressing 5A gives me 360A. If 5A does come out, the 360C gives me 5C/6C/j.C. I guess it's unrealistic to expect the game to remember buffered inputs in-between moves.

On a side note, trying to do this kind of stuff on a pad absolutely MURDERS my wrist.

All I can do is cry when Lambda and Nu come back with their new moves. Tager will most likely be obselete completely unless we can contend with what they have. That is meant mostly for Nu because Lambda's new move can be sledged since its a sword. I can see now it will be a bait once Lambchops gets 50 metter to rc and punish sledge for free.

So far all that has been shown for Nu is a replaced act parser (which might help you, actually) and a plethora of D variations. All swords..which can be sledged.

Just thought I'd say that CP is a backup game for me now until a new major version (may return for a while in BBCP2.0, but even then Xrd will probably be my main game by then.)

I will be happy to reply to Tager questions via PM but for the most part I'm probably done posting in BB threads.

I can understand you, right now i am focused on UNIEL since the only reason why i play BB is Tager and honestly, he is not really fun to play with for me right now :/

Tager Info from twitter

6B alot faster, not overhead

when 6A hits in the air, brings opponent towards your feet

5A still moment

When 6c hits on land, opponent bounds upward

When 360 B version lands, launches opponent away from you?

Haha, time for despair and drinking.

Tager Info from twitter

6B alot faster, not overhead

when 6A hits in the air, brings opponent towards your feet

5A still moment

When 6c hits on land, opponent bounds upward

When 360 B version lands, launches opponent away from you?

Haha, time for despair and drinking.

You forgot to add

- 623C doesn't bounce anymore?? 
- 6A magnetic pull on airborne opponent STRONG.

edit:
Also Guard-Cancel OD>720 better be as good as it sounds.

Cannot 2D after Atomic Collider.

Tager's 5D gains Super Armor during Overdrive.

After 360B, it is possible to Spark Bolt for follow-up. Other moves, like Atomic Collider might be possible.

Cannot 2D after Atomic Collider.

Tager's 5D gains Super Armor during Overdrive.

After 360B, it is possible to Spark Bolt for follow-up. Other moves, like Atomic Collider might be possible.

Thanks for the extra info. i hope you can get us more. i see theres alot on the jbbs.

Most of these changes seem good especially compared to how much worse everyone else got hammered.

very glad they are buffing our weak OD. I hope all D moves get super armor in OD and not just 5D

im very happy we got Buster combos back

New AC sounds great if it grants untechable knockdown right at our feet. most of you hated the CP1 AC anyway

Ofcousre 2D wont work after AC if AC dont bounce. AC>2D wasnt very good to begin with.

6A changes are great as long as super armor also starts up much sooner too hopefully. I hope they fix and increase all magnetism and not just Air 6A mag.

Guard Cancel OD>720 is a blessing

Edit:

Finally loke test video of Tager. isnt much but shows 6B 6A and OMG AT B BUSTER!!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B63typRM_B96LWc1OEhzVklSRkE&usp=sharing

From the video at 3:52 it appears that losing 6B overhead is not a nerf after all. They made 6B very fast and 6B>6B usable in combos and looks like they might have made 6C faster to compensate for being his new main overhead.

Losing 6B as an overhead is just retarded. It's already our only useable one in the majority of situations, since 6C is laughably slow and telegraphed, and Hammer shouldn't even be considered unless you have the meter to RC out of the terrible frame disadvatage on block.

@just some guy: did you read what Tager Time said? 6C is faster now.... I guess?

Though I have to admit that, from a visual standpoint, 6B not being overhead is kinda misleading... but hey, at least its not a low like CT Hakumen 6B, lol. At any rate I'll take it if it gives us a faster 6C. Whether it forces crouch or bounces that's a solid attack to hit with. Also its a far-reaching attack. If 6C becomes fast enough to be a viable ranged poke of sorts that could be neat.

That bounce on B driver is just... lol. Also the new pulldown on 6A... I imagine if you cancel into something you can hit them off the ground it looks like. Like, do A sledge, or 3C. Could lead to some neat combos.

Also I like the idea of OD granting a bunch of super armor. It really turns OD into CLOBBERIN TIME.

Losing 6B as an overhead is just retarded. It's already our only useable one in the majority of situations, since 6C is laughably slow and telegraphed, and Hammer shouldn't even be considered unless you have the meter to RC out of the terrible frame disadvatage on block.

Watch the tager video at 3:52 and tell me what you think. Maybe not but 6C looks faster to me and does a good job of catching bullet.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B63typRM_B96LWc1OEhzVklSRkE&usp=sharing